Simple Dual Boot Guide: Windows XP + OSX86 (Hackintosh)

517 posts in this topic

Hi Boinkytwo,

I have two completely seperate SATA drives. One has XP installed with its own MBR and One has OSX installed with Darwin bootloader. Do you know if your guide would apply to a situation such as mine? Your guide specifically talks about partitions. I have only one partition which takes up the entire drive, both for XP and OSX. So, what is the BEST way to get dual-boot to work in my case? I would be very grateful if you could help.

Thanks,

DJ

PS - Thanks for the bootcd

JUST FOLLOW THE CHAIN0 BOOTING PROCEDURE. SET YOUR XP HDD AS THE PRIMARY AND TEST IT.

--------------------------------------

BOOTCD.. ALLSENT

• 2 weeks later...

Cd request please

him88002(at)yahoo.com

Also: any one have any success running parallels to acces windows while osx is loaded?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Also I was wondering how much storage I should allocate for each partition. I noticed that toolshed said he allocated 50 gb each for xp and osx and he discovered that it was not enough for the macosx because he wanted to rund FCP. I do not want this to happen to me. I will be using a 500 gb HD so should I allocate 100-100-300 or maybe 75-75-350. I should probably go with less on the windows side because I intend to use it mainly for office and some video conversion software. On the mac side I intend to install FCP as well as aperture.

-him88002

bootcd request... granted.

him88002 take a look at my partitions.

part 1 = 10 gb - for windows xp (windows and all apps are in here)

part 2 = 15 gb - mac osx (also my apps and os here)

part 3 = 50 gb - temp drive, scratch disk & pagefile (all temporary files, ie. for video editing, phootoshop and etc)

part 4 = all whats left from part 1to3 (all other files here, including installers and multi- media files.)