ABC Investigation: Emos exposed

cringemaster

15 posts in this topic

i was looking at some kids at my schools hands, and there are the scars that spell "why" on the back of his hands. everyone @ my school went through and emo phase in 6th grade.

I'm not sure what is more :censored2: ed up - ABC, or the overdramatisation of emo culture :thumbsup_anim:

My sister is your typical emo, yet she is a bright, sunny, girl. ALL the 'emos' I know are the same. A lot of people call me emo, because I listen to what is classes as emo music.

I can't believe that people would suggest that listening to My Chemical Romance, AFI, Lostprophets or Cute Is What We Aim For would make you psychotic and suicidal! A lot of these artists make quite uplifiting, upbeat songs. The lead singer of My Chemical Romance, Gerard Way, has a strong anti self-harm stance, and he has said himself that anyone that does needs medical help.

And the kid in the video was a bad example, he was just psycotic.

Self harming and depression is not the norm of the emo culture - it's just been completely blown out of proportion by the media, psycotic idoits who want to kill themselves, and people who just don't take a moment to understand.

I think what the video talks about are two seperate types of things they've mixed into one (a 'culture' as they say). 1) Emo and 2) mental/psychotic disorders. If I say someone is an emo, then I am talking about their dress sense/fashion of clothing. If someone slits their wrists, the reason is not because they are an 'emo', it's because they have problems.

That's how I see it anyway.

Thats bullcrap. Most kids that look and dress emo dont cut themselves, they just like the way it looks and take it as a fashion statement. The kids that DO cut themselves, most of them dont need therapy for cryin out loud, they just think its cool to be emo and to be drepressed and to cut themselves and they want everyone else to notice and to pity them.

And another thing. That kid they showed with the scars on his arm, that was blatently a pencil sharperner blade job used just enough to make a scar for other people to notice.

Im not saying there are not kids out there with real problems and that cut themselves because of it, but this EMO stuff is just a fad and parents should not be worried.

I agree with the people that said you should confuse the way you dress with cutting yourself and mental health issues. I would never want to dress that way, (not in a negative way, I just dont like that style of clothing) but If I did... it wouldnt obligate me to cut myself.