• It's good
    • Its meh...
    • It's bad
    • It's really bad
    • I dont care...
    • its great for buying, horrible for selling
    • its great for selling, horrible for buying

32 posts in this topic

I just thought I'd throw this out there....I hate Ebay, every time one tries to SELL something on ebay...the person who wins is always some "prince" from Nigeria, or some weirdo from Indonesia, and might I add they NEVER buy the product, or they send you a fake paypal email, this has happened to me on every item I have sold, and I usually have to repost it about 3 times...Have any of you had similar experiences? I am just so sick of Ebay, The customers rip you off, ebay rips you off (charging you to list BEFORE you've sold your item), and the people who bid on your item have no obligation to actually buy it...all they have to do is contact ebay and say "ooooo....somebody took over my account...help...." then ebay stops the whole process and forces you to re-list your item once again...I am seriously considering never using them again....is there an alternative, that quite a few people actually look at? I am aware of Craigslist, but people constantly try to bargain you down on that when they see you (you say you are selling a computer for 1300, they say "ok I have the money" then when you finally see them they say "oh wait...I only have 1150" oldest trick in the book).

Thanks

-Killbot1000

Yep. It sucks. Although I did get my ibook screen, and my Beige from there, from the same guy, that ran an online store.

But yea. Ebay itself sucks. Overblown marketing {censored} is what it is. There are honest people there. But eBay the company

sucks.

My overall experience with buying from Ebay is good. The last item I bought, an Apple Pro Keyboard, is a bit worn and the guy who sold it wasn't very talkative, but overall I have bought good items and saved money.

Ebay is too full of "products" that teach you how to make money or get something for free. For Shame.

Yea, thats becoming more common on there. It used to not be that way, or that bad. I bought several things I like, but the image of eBay has come to naught on many things. People are starting to dislike them greatly too. They need some competition.

If you're looking for an alternative and they include your particular location (Or near to it), You may want to try Craigslist. I prefer it over Ebay for a variety of reasons which include - Seller/Buyer near by, You can actually see a product before buying, It's great for those non Traceable 'Cash' transactions. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Very good, almost great. My first experience was {censored}, from then on I have had great luck. The key is to read the feedback of users. Many don't and they are responsible for messing with idiots. I got my ibooks off ebay and I am perfectly happy.

Ebay has really gone down the drain these past couple months. I was always able to sell my items for a decent price, but it looks like things have changed. I put my ex-gf's laptop up for auction... 3 times, and each time the winning bidder was from Nigeria. Not only that, I got a bunch of "questions" that were just pure advertisment. I'm done with ebay, for now.

I am having my worst experience ever with Ebay right now. I bought a Bad Axe 2 from somebody in the UK one week ago. I have written several times, asking if he got my money (of course he did, it was a PayPal payment) and when is he going to send my parcel. He never replies. Fortunately I seem to qualify for a PayPal refund. Has anybody ever had a similar experience?

Never had any troubles buying or selling.

If people have problems with foreign "scam" buyers why not just restrict auctions to your country?

Just like every where else, its buyer beware. You have to do your research and choose smart auctions.

(Avoid shipper $ scam, check ratings, verify product info, use a insured payment type, etc.)

check ratings, verify product info, use a insured payment type, etc.

I did all that. The sellers has 124 ratings, all positive. The item was described very well, with photos and everything. I paid with PayPal.

I did all that. The sellers has 124 ratings, all positive. The item was described very well, with photos and everything. I paid with PayPal.

Yes, but the system worked in your case, you are getting a paypal refund.

Inconvenient yes, but impossible to eliminate scammers as long as there are some dumb buyers out there. (not suggesting you) :-)

The only other option is using an escrow service, but not many people will do that anymore.

Soon as next "ebay" site becomes as popular, I'm sure it will get hit the same.

Just too bad you've had so much bad luck.

Latest development. I sent him the following message:

With much regret I must inform you that if by Sunday the 24th of June I haven't heard from you, I will have no other option left than leaving a negative feedback and starting a PayPal refund procedure.

Sincerely

(my signature)

I am having my worst experience ever with Ebay right now. I bought a Bad Axe 2 from somebody in the UK one week ago. I have written several times, asking if he got my money (of course he did, it was a PayPal payment) and when is he going to send my parcel. He never replies. Fortunately I seem to qualify for a PayPal refund. Has anybody ever had a similar experience?

I ordered 1GB RAM from eBay for my friends Acer Laptop. He said he shipped the item a few days later. 4 Weeks later, no RAM. So I sent him a message twice, but no luck. Finally started a dispute, got a reply and money back in two days. Turns out the RAM came back to him for some reason.

I ordered 1GB RAM from eBay for my friends Acer Laptop. He said he shipped the item a few days later. 4 Weeks later, no RAM. So I sent him a message twice, but no luck. Finally started a dispute, got a reply and money back in two days. Turns out the RAM came back to him for some reason.

The problem is that this guy is ignoring every message and email. Normally he should send a tracking number if he shipped the parcel (which I don't believe he has done)

And BTW, did you get your money back from PayPal?

I've never really had a problem with eBay (both buying and selling) but I've heard the horror stories and I certainly think that PayPal overcharge tremendously; then again they've got a practically captive market given the fact that eBay buyer/seller protection usually only works through it.

I've never really had a problem with eBay (both buying and selling) but I've heard the horror stories and I certainly think that PayPal overcharge tremendously; then again they've got a practically captive market given the fact that eBay buyer/seller protection usually only works through it.

I figure it better than the days of using escrow services that cost even more.

I don't know, if it weren't for ebay I'd have a lot of junk I would probably not have been able to sell in my small town.

Latest news!

The guy replied. He says he already shipped the item a few days ago by Royal Mail and he gives me the tracking number (I can't find it in the Royal Mail site, but it is late night now here, tomorrow I'll phone the Italian Post Office).

He says he couldn't get back to me sooner because he had an emergency. Thus my intuition (post #18) was correct.

• 2 weeks later...