• It's good
    • Its meh...
    • It's bad
    • It's really bad
    • I dont care...
    • its great for buying, horrible for selling
    • its great for selling, horrible for buying

32 posts in this topic

I like eBay. I've never sold on it, but I've bought a few things, and it hasn't been a bad experience in general. But I always check feedback, and ask a few questions before placing a bid, just to make sure I know what I'm getting into. The only bad experience I had was with one of those eBay god type people, with 8 million feedback points. On the auction page he said to send an email asking him what type of payment we should do, so I did so, and a week later didn't hear anything from him. So I sent another one, and three weeks passed. Finally, he started a payment not recieved dispute, and I sent him another email asking what was up. He said he was out of town and "missed" my emails, but we finally settled on Paypal (The only way I ever do it) but I was suspicious that I wouldn't get my item from him. A week later, and no package. Now, he's in the same country as me, and normally packages arive within three or four days after they're shipped. So I sent a polite email asking if the package had been shipped. No response. Two more weeks pass, no package, so I send another email, asking what happened. No response. Another week passes, and I start an item not recieved notice, to get my money back from PayPal. It was only some $40.00 but I wasn't going to let this happen. That very day he responds telling me of some "family emergency". Well... Whatever, he tells me it'll be sent the next day. Another week, no package, so I send another email, asking him what's up. He claims it was sent, and gives me a confirmation number to check it in USPS. It's not in the system, but two days later I get a letter from my post office to come pick it up. Of COURSE I leave bad feedback, and what does he do? "You got your item and negative feedback newbie hahaha". But that was the only bad thing that ever happen. Now I don't buy from anyone unless I can be sure it's just a person selling something , not a store.

Gracious God, it sounds like a nightmare. But on the other hand it has similarities with my story, except that my item was more expensive (£83 + £20 shipping).

I won't be as patient as you were, though. Next week I'll start a PayPal refund procedure.

I like eBay. I've never sold on it, but I've bought a few things, and it hasn't been a bad experience in general. But I always check feedback, and ask a few questions before placing a bid, just to make sure I know what I'm getting into. The only bad experience I had was with one of those eBay god type people, with 8 million feedback points. On the auction page he said to send an email asking him what type of payment we should do, so I did so, and a week later didn't hear anything from him. So I sent another one, and three weeks passed. Finally, he started a payment not recieved dispute, and I sent him another email asking what was up. He said he was out of town and "missed" my emails, but we finally settled on Paypal (The only way I ever do it) but I was suspicious that I wouldn't get my item from him. A week later, and no package. Now, he's in the same country as me, and normally packages arive within three or four days after they're shipped. So I sent a polite email asking if the package had been shipped. No response. Two more weeks pass, no package, so I send another email, asking what happened. No response. Another week passes, and I start an item not recieved notice, to get my money back from PayPal. It was only some $40.00 but I wasn't going to let this happen. That very day he responds telling me of some "family emergency". Well... Whatever, he tells me it'll be sent the next day. Another week, no package, so I send another email, asking him what's up. He claims it was sent, and gives me a confirmation number to check it in USPS. It's not in the system, but two days later I get a letter from my post office to come pick it up. Of COURSE I leave bad feedback, and what does he do? "You got your item and negative feedback newbie hahaha". But that was the only bad thing that ever happen. Now I don't buy from anyone unless I can be sure it's just a person selling something , not a store.

I hope in your feedback you mentioned how long it actually took.

Usually I find you can learn lots from reading the comments on negative feedback rather than just going based on the ratio. Some people are clueless but you can usually see it in their comments. If you mentioned the length of time, no matter what he responded it would be easy to see you were right.

One thing I hate about many of the Power Sellers on ebay, is even though you pay promptly, they don't leave feedback until after you do.

If you pay promptly there should be no delay in leaving feedback to say that. By waiting they are coercing people from leaving 100% honest feedback in fear of having their rating negatively affected.

One thing I hate about many of the Power Sellers on ebay, is even though you pay promptly, they don't leave feedback until after you do.

If you pay promptly there should be no delay in leaving feedback to say that. By waiting they are coercing people from leaving 100% honest feedback in fear of having their rating negatively affected.

No seller has ever left feedback before I did. In one case I didn't get feedback even after leaving mine.

No seller has ever left feedback before I did. In one case I didn't get feedback even after leaving mine.

You would think ebay could implement something more fair for positive feedback for payments made through paypal.

I guess it just shows again its up to each individual to protect themselves against the scammers/idiots on ebay.

My personal favourite: I sold a NEW product that the buyer received 2 days after the auction ended. His feedback: Neutral with a comment of "OK"

Do you know what? This Bad Axe 2 affair has been such a stress for me that I believe I'll never use Ebay again. I saved about Eur 50 (if I get the item), but the cost in stress has been much higher than that.