Best web browser?

glassJAw

19 posts in this topic

Tried IE, Firefox, Safari, Camino, Opera, and now I've finally found my browser: OmniWeb.

Buh-bye Safari. Gotta love OW's live tabbing and workspaces.

Tried IE, Firefox, Safari, Camino, Opera, and now I've finally found my browser: OmniWeb.

Buh-bye Safari. Gotta love OW's live tabbing and workspaces.

i agree. OmniWeb it´s the best. i´m using it for about half a year.

Camino is the best, but behind Firefox in development. The tabs not opening, is a pain, just rick click the link till they fix that. I have had Camino crash once, and it was two days ago and brought my Mac down with it! It was reading my 2 gig usb hdd and I think I was going really fast through the files to attach and then the beachball came up and I never got the machine back. *Shrugs* I just won't do that again, maybe my drive did it. Anyway, I just copy stuff to my desktop and then attach it. Other than that, Camino is rock solid. It is programmed in Cocoa and runs better than Firefox. Safari is ok, but not a robust as the Mozilla browsers. I would try to stick with Camino if you can, or try Opera but not Safari.

I swear by Safari, despite its slightly annoying occasional crashes when loading multiple windows. I love its interface and its so quick and easy. I did go through a phase of using Firefox, though it just makes everything look like a Terminal.app script (Look at Asmallorange's homepage and you will get a shock). Safari for me.