What happened to concretesurf forums

peridigm

26 posts in this topic

The forum was located at http://www.concretesurf.co.nz/osx86/

It's gone!

Yep ... it's gone, and it was working less than 6 hours ago ...

Despite the ".nz" New Zealand domain name, the site was actually hosted in Denmark at Servage.NET/Servage.COM ApS (Servage.COM is registered to Servage GmbH in Germany) ... maybe Servage got a nastygram like MacBidoulle did? :ph34r:

This site could be next ... time to run wget -m and mirror this site, but quick!

Funny thing though....everything's in Canadian dollars on Servage.net....plus the clearly evident Canadian flag in the corner. With 330GB of monthly Data transfer, I find it just a bit unlikely that they went over the Bandwith limit. That's 11GB per day....But maybe...

I'm Curious though, what's the average daily traffic we get on these servers?

It would be very bad if that site went down---that is the forum where the most cutting edge developement go down, where the all the patches are made--the home of deadmoo and maxxuss--so if they go down, it could seriously slow this whole process. I just joined this forum to see what happened to concretesurf, and from reading the posts its evident that this forum is days behind the concretesurf efforts. Does anyone remember the IRC channel for the other forum?

The site still loads and works fine for me, but nobody has posted anything in almost two days now.

What gives? Why does it work for me?

It appearantly doesn't work for you, although its quite strange that you can see it. I posted there around 5 hours ago, until it disappeared some hours ago it was quite vivid :(

Did they switch servers maybe, and I'm still going to the old one? I am running my own DNS server, which only updates when I am unable to connect to the entries it has.

Edit: It appears that is what happened.

I can still post on the old forums (just did) but uh.... Nobody else can. His stat's page shows the site visits drop yesterday to about half of the previous day, and now today is less then 1% of this whole month.

Did they switch servers maybe, and I'm still going to the old one? I am running my own DNS server, which only updates when I am unable to connect to the entries it has.

Edit: It appears that is what happened.

I can still post on the old forums (just did) but uh.... Nobody else can. His stat's page shows the site visits drop yesterday to about half of the previous day, and now today is less then 1% of this whole month.

Can you post the IP of the old server?

Concretesurf had TON of traffic, I was there before they got "big," which there were only around 4 posts a day, until recently over the last week, there were over hundreds upon thousands of new posts per day. It could be the traffic as it was a lot of people that kept on coming and coming. That site was really useful, hopefully it isn't down forever, I emailed the owner to see whats going on. Hope to get a response soon.

"Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Servage.net Clustered Webhosting running enhanced Apache Webserver"

This site rocked and its gone down :) I doubt its to do with Apple - more like they went over their bandwidth. I'm wondering - if this kind of thing can happen, should there be a mailing list that people can subscribe to so that we can all find "the best" place to go. This forum is good too, but the other one was great - I hope they get it back up soon. I know that they must have gone to a backed up copy of the database as some of my posts went missing, but today they went off hours ago

Only hopeful thing is that the main forums for this site are down too - its not just osx

John

I've just spoken with the guy who was running it. It was taken down due to high bandwidth. He's rapidly looking to get it set up on a dedicated server somewhere and I think others on the forum are helping him with this too. I've donated $50 to the cause. it was/is a great site