HP dv6000 & dv9000 series

Mammoth

432 posts in this topic

I'm having the same issue with kernel panic. No place to disable the ACPI in the bios as far as I can tell.

Have you tried any previous versions like 10.4.7 or .6?

No but I'm planning on downgrading the Firmware to see if that has an effect. In addition I downloaded a new version of JAS to see if I had a bad install.

No but I'm planning on downgrading the Firmware to see if that has an effect. In addition I downloaded a new version of JAS to see if I had a bad install.

Yeah I tried that. It doesn't have any effect as I'm sure you've found out. From what I'm reading out there it has something to do with the FSB speed on the CPU and power timings. Anyone else have a clue why our machines are not work but others are?

Any luck on getting resolutions better than 1024x768 with the NVidiaEFI drivers?

I have audio, graphics working ok (need better resolution), and no Wireless currently (and from what ive read, it is not available yet -- Intel Wireless A/B/G)

But any ideas on the resolution? (i have go 7600 512MB ram)

Pavilion DV9200 CTO here.

Dual booting XP & OSX with Acronis Disk Director OS Selector. Quite impressed so far.

But I want to get my Conexant HD Audio working... and I see some people have had mixed success... but I would like to be able to have mic in and also for it to work with headphones, as the main reasons I want to use it are Logic Pro 7 and Digital Performer 5.

Does anyone know a setup that will allow me to get headphone out and mic in? That's all I need.

Erik

Hi All!!!

I'm new here and in Mac world!

I have a DV9200CTO, specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 - 2.0Ghz

2GB RAM

NVidia GeForce Go 7600 - 256MB

1680x1050 native screen resolution.

I'm downloading a torrent ISO(Mac OS X 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 [JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso + JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3.zip]).

I'll install that this weekend and I *HOPE* :rolleyes: it works!!! It would be great!

I'd like to know if some body has some news?

Where is Mammoth???

thanx!

I have a DV9230US with 2 100GB hard drives...bought in part because I like the idea of separate drives for Vista & OSX, a scheme that has served me well with my hackintosh desktop.

First hard drive has Vista & an HP "recovery" partition.

Second drive was named DATA and otherwise empty.

Install from uphuck 1.3 seems to go fine after reformatting second drive to HFS+ (journaled).

Even after upgrading BIOS from F.12 to F.25, I have not found a BIOS option for selecting the second drive as the boot drive.

I'm sure someone here has sorted this out but I did not find it in my search.

???

Thanks,

G

===============================

Hackintosh Desktop

Everything works, including both cores, DVI & sleep:

Pentium D 3.2 Ghz - Intel Motherboard D945GNTKLR

10.4.9 Build 8P2137/Darwin 8.9.1 Kernel: Thu Mar 15 20:55:00 PST 2007; netkas: 792.18.15~1/ RELEASE_I386

2 GB Ram - 2x 1GB DDR2 667

HD 400 GB - Seagate SATA

Onboard Firewire 400

Onboard 10/100/1000 LAN

DVD-RW-DL Pioneer 18X DVR-212D SATA

Sony CDRW 52X CRX23EE EIDE

Belkin F5D7000 Wireless PCI

Video ATI/ATI X1600 Pro PCIE 512MB

Display Dell 2405FPW

Logitech Wireless keyboard & mouse

Aspire Pininfarina Tower Case

Finally got it to work. Posting from OS X now.

I used a JAS dvd w/ pff 1 & 2 now going to. The only option I selected durring install was the Intel package.

Now to tackle the audio, wireless, video, and resolution issues.

BTW: I turned off the Core 2 duo VT features, CPU4? (or something), and SATA native in the bios.

HP Pavillion DV9000T - i am about at the same stage as you. I kept SATA native enabled however. If you have any luck at all with higher resolution, please let me know! I dont get why the 256MB card works fine while the 512MB card can't do it...

hp pavilion dv9202tx. I'm having a 512mb nvidia 7600 too..

Still can't get higher resolutions. its driving me crazy! i dont get how mammoth and the others did it. everytime i do what they posted my screen goes blank and i have to reinstall again.

i really need to install final cut pro on this computer!

Hey guys,

Glad to see you all hacking away at this. :rolleyes: For the video related issues, you really need to go to www.MACVidia.com. EVERYTHING you need to know about video issues and current progress on workarounds, etc is there.

Keep it up!

Yeah I've tried going there and looking around in it. I've been looking through it for weeks and all I've got is that its impossible to do so unless i flash my graphics card rom. have you gotten yours to have full qe/ci support yet?

Just installed uphuck 1.3 DVD on my hp dv6383 and every thing is working execpt the intel 3945 wireless.

Packges chosen:

Uphuck Intel

Universal Kernel with speedstep

Mobile Drivers

eazalia audio

10.4.4 Login window (not sure if nessecary)

Configruration:

Intel Core 2 duo 1.83 (working with 2 cores ans speedstep)

1GB ram

Nvidia Geforce Go 7400 (Working QE,CI and resolution change using NVidiaEFI)

Conextant HD Audio (Working with eazaliapatcher/mic and headphone jacks not working)

Sonix Webcam (Working natively)

Intel PRO/1000 (Working natively)

Ricoh Multicard reader (Did not try)

Intel Wireless 3945 (Not working /Work in progress)

Hi All!

I found a website(http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/) there has a lot of webcam drivers.

I read here that a lot of people had troubles with it, my this site helps...

I removed Mac Os X from my DV9200CTO because of resolution(1680x1050) problems, I couldn't make it work..

I'll download the new UPhuck version and try!

Regards.,

0x3333

Hello,people!! Really nice thread.I have a dv9312 (intel) and it worked with jas 10.4.8 (patched with both patches).Network worked natively,audio with conexant patch(speakers output only),video worked (full 1440x900,titan selected)

A few questions (hope somebody will help)

1.How did u manage to enable camera with uphuck??(currently downloading uphuck 1.3) Mackenzie??

2.I cannot get parallels boot off windows xp cd inserted.Tried every configuration of dvd drive (0:0,0:1 etc) but still it says cannot read...

Ohhhhh!!! Good News!

My resolution now is 1680x1050! Working good!!! With Diabolik 7600Go driver, Out of the box.

It's the first step!

I'll try make othertings to work!

:hbd: Toast!