Mobility Radeon 9000 thread

hardboiledwonderland

445 posts in this topic

but i have agp 4x in xp , no idea why it change when using osx86

Because my AGPGart is not tuned to your AGP bus yet.

I am sorry for delay with DeviceID matching. I am very busy this week (and next one).

So

Except writing your DevID into info.plist in my Radeon driver you need also make an internal patch. Open Radeon8500 with HexEdit. (don't forget to make it writeable!)

1. For the owners of 5835, 5960-63, 4966-67, 4c66, 516c no changes needed.

2. For 514c, 5964, 4242 and other R200 chips you need to find

663d35580f849b

and replace to

663dXXYY0f846f

3. For 5c61 and other RV280 mobility

find 663d3558

replace to 663dXXYY

4. For 496e and other RV250

find 663d664c

replace to 663dXXYY

where XXYY - byte reverse order of your device ID

i.e. for 496e we must write 663d6e49 (XX=6e, YY=49)

Try!

To all the Radeon Mobility 9000 users who experience program crashes whenever trying to run a program with openGL (chess, parallels, vmware fusion, screen saver settings...):

:P

Was I incorrect? I have the standard devID of 4c66, and AGP is enabled.

If my info was incorrect, let me know and I'll edit to dissuade misinformation.

Your information is correct but out of the thread. We know that Radeon8500 is incorrect now :D so we need no such advice :P

You'd better to test it with your Radeon 0x4c66 and upload your ioreg and dmesg as said previously. I need as much information as possible to make hardware OpenGL working.

Just to make sure I'm understanding what you want...

You want me to test the new AGPGart (the one you posted). right?

I'm not sure how to get the log dumps for you, however... I'm not familiar with that stuff for osx yet... but I really want to help!!!

EDIT: after rereading some of the posts here, I think you actually want me to test the ATIRadeon9700.kext? Your AGPGart loaded up fine!

Just to make sure I'm understanding what you want...

You want me to test the new AGPGart (the one you posted). right?

I'm not sure how to get the log dumps for you, however... I'm not familiar with that stuff for osx yet... but I really want to help!!!

EDIT: after rereading some of the posts here, I think you actually want me to test the ATIRadeon9700.kext? Your AGPGart loaded up fine!

I think 9700.kext needs a patch that I'll try to make later. Try patched 8500.kext!

About AGPGart. It loaded means no it works fine!

New version of AGPGart here

http://www.x86dev.org/forum/index.php?acti...46.0;attach=616

2 all

Who said mew?

Hello World

Slice, what's new?

As I see you have the same configuration as mine. So wait.

8500 I patch in very long way. 5 new command and modifications in 2 another. It is hard to explain how to. May be later I'll make it for you.

I don't know about 1280x800 yet. As you see

Yes, i have your same configuration laptop, i have find your post on topic of southbridge and sound ...

For 10.4.9 patch, dont worry, if there is a long work, focalize your attention on what you are working.

It is not good. Our chipset not rv280 but RS300M. So Callisto is not good enough to change resolution.

May be you try ATINDRV+ATIinject? It is included with "ATI mobility x1600" from Diabolik.

I am not successful with it.

And look at your dmesg

I have found some topic of Diabolik, but there is not a clearly wiki to use this soluction, At this time, I have little free time, so Callisto is the only soluction for 1280x800

I stay tuned

Ciao

Ok, the 2.4 AGPGart seemed to work fine. I grabbed your ATIRadeon9000.zip file (which had the 8500 kext in it), and used that, and it appears to be loaded fine as well, but it's the only ATI extension loaded (there used to be bundles and such). Still no QE/CI or openGL hardware. This is what you meant by using a patched 8500, right?

I've attached what I think are my dmesg and ioreg dumps... let me know if you want anything else or for me to try something else. Also, Slice, you said that "It loaded means no it works fine!"... I just want to clarify: you're saying that if the kext loaded, it's working fine?

ioreg.txt

dmesg.txt

post-60683-1192480768_thumb.png

2 all

Who said mew?

:hysterical:

I've watch the image of your previous post only now!

I could wrong, but I think you might have come at a good point!

I anxiously await the release of your new kext, so to test OpenGL Extensions Viewer .... :rolleyes:

Ps could your add on this topic the last relase of AgpGart(with appropriate changes if necessary)?I not have a x86dev account to download!

Pps which version you use for OpenGL.framework?

:hysterical: I stay tuned :hysterical:

:)

I've watch the image of your previous post only now!

I could wrong, but I think you might have come at a good point!

I anxiously await the release of your new kext, so to test OpenGL Extensions Viewer .... :D

Ps could your add on this topic the last relase of AgpGart(with appropriate changes if necessary)?I not have a x86dev account to download!

Pps which version you use for OpenGL.framework?

:P I stay tuned :D

I am sorry but till now the AGPGart and Radeon8500 have bugs. When I'll finish I upload both here.

Currently I use the default OpenGL.framework. It is from 10.4.6 but corrected by QuickTime 7.1.5.

Where are other testers? Is there anybody wants to have a working driver for Radeon 9000/9200?

May be I work only for myself?

Still on the track. Atm downloading a copy of 10.4.6 for having a comparable system (as 10.4.7 does not work, tried it several times) and 10.4.8 for having the corresponding ATI driver. 10.4.6 takes its time as it is rawly seeded :-/ I want to stay online until it is completed...

Nevertheless: I'm still on the track! Sorry for the little support...

Where are other testers? Is there anybody wants to have a working driver for Radeon 9000/9200?

I'm interested in this driver. I'd like to help you but I have no computer with a such card available at the moment. I guess many people are interested, demand was high a while ago, but people probably gave up. Your driver could open the door to many things that could apply to the whole ATI series. Currently almost not any ATI board supports TV out, extended desktop and native DVI out is quite random.

I'm interested in this driver.  Currently I'm using Callisto_b003fixed.  If you need anything from me to help your developing a kext, let me know.

I'm interested in this driver. I'd like to help you but I have no computer with a such card available at the moment. I guess many people are interested, demand was high a while ago, but people probably gave up. Your driver could open the door to many things that could apply to the whole ATI series. Currently almost not any ATI board supports TV out, extended desktop and native DVI out is quite random.

I know the problem with my Radeon Mobility 9000IGP (devID=5835). The problem is memory addresses.

The same problem is in Radeon9700 driver.

Very soon I repair it. But I don't know what is happen with 4c66 or 5c63. Can anyone enter GUI with Radeon8500 original or patched? With or without AGPGart? With or without Radeon8500GA.plugin? With or without Callisto? Can anyone use ATINDRV by mean of natit or ATIinject?

ATINDRV is only way to get working TVout and DVI. Not Callisto!

The other possible way is RadeonFB project by joblo. For now I am not successful with this project.

I'm interested in this driver.  Currently I'm using Callisto_b003fixed.  If you need anything from me to help your developing a kext, let me know.

You are novice so I don't know your capability.

Can you work as developer or cracker or tester?

First of all read carefully all my topics in the thread.

I noticed that my TV-out worked fine with my X300, using the default OSX framebuffer (QE/CI, but no resolution change), however, I get nothing with TV-out on my X1600, whatever the method I use. About extended desktop, I just remember that I recently tried to mess with ATIinject (on my x1600), and it seemed to be very close to support it (the extended desktop feature was enabled in system prefs, but got output on only 1 screen), sadly TheMaxx32000 discontinued the project when natit was out. If you could get the sources of ATIinject, maybe you'd find good infos.

Keep up the good work :wallbash:

I play with ubuntu during half year and then destroy it. MacOSX forever :P

I play with ubuntu every day, and I love It :)

Slice you are my Jedi :)

Ps if anyone post a link to a wiki, or write a simple howto to test ATINDRV+ ATIinject, i can try it.

But I'm very committed on my job and i dont have many time.

I am not a Jedi, I am only slice...

My last attempt is failed and I have no new information, no new help.

I don't know what is the good memory assignment for the radeom chip. Linux driver has no such assignment thou it don't work for IGP. RadeonFB has the same hole.

ATIinject is a part of "ATI mobility X1600" package. I has natit's sources which is the same injector. The difference is in "info.plist" file. I don't know what is the good settings for it. Anyone can try to play with it. Aim is successful boot. Then I can join to the effort to connect it to Radeon8500 or 9700 driver.

If someone don't know I explain again:

1-injectors. ATIinject or Natit needed to launch the ATINDRV and set some properties for card. Callisto uses own injector named CallistoHAL.

2-framebuffers. ATINDRV, RadeonFB or Callisto needed for 2D graphics and switch resolutions. They replace standard IONDRVFramebuffer which can't switch resolutions. These drivers must connect to all monitors including TVOut but really no. ATITVOut.kext would connect to ATINDRV.

3-accelerator. ATIRadeonXXXX.kext with plugins. It tunes Radeon chip after framebuffer and can influence on it. It needed for hardware OpenGL, for DVD playback etc. No 3d party alternative. Only patches.

4-AGP. It tunes AGP chip and create fast channel for bytes transfer. It influences on Accelerator behaviour but in some cases Graphics driver can work in slow PCI mode without AGP driver.

5-OpenGL.framework. It called from ATI**GA.plugin.

That's all what we need to full functional Video.

Other questions?

Hello All!

I have new ideas to continue to work. Don't leave me!

I noticed that my TV-out worked fine with my X300, using the default OSX framebuffer (QE/CI, but no resolution change), however, I get nothing with TV-out on my X1600, whatever the method I use. About extended desktop, I just remember that I recently tried to mess with ATIinject (on my x1600), and it seemed to be very close to support it (the extended desktop feature was enabled in system prefs, but got output on only 1 screen), sadly TheMaxx32000 discontinued the project when natit was out. If you could get the sources of ATIinject, maybe you'd find good infos.

It is interesting information. I took it into account.

About sources of ATIinject. Not interesting. I think it is the same as natit which I have. I already recompile the natit to support ATI cards. See my previous posts. But I don't know what to do with it's info.plist. If someone find something interesting in the question write here.

I found in Radeon8500 a name "ATY,Overlay". What is it?

Yes. I have a 4c66, using Callisto and your AGPGart. What do I need to do to help you?!

P.S. this card even sucks on Linux. Yay!

Please, answer my questions. You must be able to install kexts and remove its. And look what is happen.

But I don't know what is happen with 4c66 or 5c63.

Can anyone enter GUI with Radeon8500 original or patched?

With or without AGPGart?

With or without Radeon8500GA.plugin?

With or without Callisto?

Can anyone use ATINDRV by mean of natit or ATIinject?

I need this information!

Hi everybody, first of all I should say: Im noobs so pls dont shout at me :blink:

I have a 9100 mobility on laptop and I cant get it regconized by the systeme

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x5835

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

As I read, people can enable it to the native resolution ( 1280x800in my case) in some way.

Can someone tell me how ? Please tell me what kext to use and how to install it... I know its take time to type all of this but pls, promise I will make as few as possible stupid questions

I use 10.4.9 uphuck v1.4 r3

You have almost the same computer as my Samsung P29. About Video wait please. You can install Callisto 003fixed to recognize the Radeon and switch resolutions up to 1024x768. I have no 1280x800. Other function in progress.

About sound - I have full functional kext recompiled from original Taruga sources to eliminate debug messages. Take it!

Installation as usual. See FAQ.

I install it, the mic works ^^ (see the activities when i touch it) but there is no ouput sound. It's strange.

And I install also callisto 003-fixed but always "no kext" loaded. can I talk to you directely Slice ? I think it's better than harasse you by messages :D