Mobility Radeon 9000 thread

hardboiledwonderland

445 posts in this topic

Hi,

my copy of 10.4.6 is complete, but could someone perhaps provide me with the ati driver from 10.4.8. If I have it, I can test the needed setup...I would like to try it this weekend, as it otherwise will take perhaps 2 weeks until I can try it...

I install it, the mic works ^^ (see the activities when i touch it) but there is no ouput sound. It's strange.

Continue discuss sound in the appropriate thread

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry485714

I am here

And I install also callisto 003-fixed but always "no kext" loaded. can I talk to you directely Slice ? I think it's better than harasse you by messages :D

About video we all talking here. May be someone else said something useful.

With Callisto you must got a switch resolution. "no kext loaded" - because you don't install Radeon8500.kext. Till now it has a bug. Wait! I searching it during 2 month :wacko:

i just got new one, and extracted something for you to study, hope this help

http://www.hkgalden.com/new_store.php?acti...WJlDT6911ffoQRf

Thx! But it is Leopard version 1.5.16. It is not reliable for our tiger.

Hi,

my copy of 10.4.6 is complete, but could someone perhaps provide me with the ati driver from 10.4.8. If I have it, I can test the needed setup...I would like to try it this weekend, as it otherwise will take perhaps 2 weeks until I can try it...

It is large upload. I'll make it after finish.

Hope you find its somewhere :rolleyes:

ADD:

May be someone try my last version of AGPGart? It is for Intel bus and for my ATI bus:

With Callisto you must got a switch resolution. "no kext loaded" - because you don't install Radeon8500.kext.

This one load correctly for me and it's the first AGPgart that loaded.

I found why I didnt get my card detected: I didnt activate callisto :D now I have 1280x800 so happy ;)

Hmpf! Ok, I understand. I thought you wanted me to wait until I have the 10.4.8 ATI. But that's easy, I guess. Just express your wishes that clear and I will do whatever you want -_- But which one is the original AtiRadeon8500? ;) As I'm running 10.4.6 now, I also have the drivers from 10.4.6...

I tested your newest AGPGart on my 4c66. It never got to the desktop, and would hang at "Login Window Application Started". Thus, I booted into single user mode, and saved the ioreg and dmesg.

The system was clean, after a fresh install of JaS 10.4.8. I didn't have any modified graphics kexts installed. Also, your AGPGart would load if I did I kextload while at the desktop, but upon a restart it would hang.

I hope this helps? If not, tell me what you need next.

Verdict: Black screen only.

dmesg.txt

ioreg.txt

Thank you Kirby!

Now I know that the problem not only with IGP bus but it is only the problem with Radeon8500. And I know where!

x000937c4 c7805c01000000000000 mov dword ptr [eax+0x15c], 0x0

x000937ce c781e408000000000000 mov dword ptr [ecx+0x8e4], 0x0

x000937d8 8b8154080000 mov eax, [ecx+0x854]

x000937de c780480100000000ffff mov dword ptr [eax+0x148], ffff0000

These are memory setting for Radeon chip. Before now I am not sure is it bad only for me or for any PC Radeon AGP. It is good for PCIexpress only!

Next step - seach for good settings.

Ok, I did it. Fresh install of JAS 10.4.6, I did nothing more but copying the AGPGart.kext into the extensions folder, repaired permissions. System seems to boot up fine, but the screen freezes at the grey screen with the moving circle. I can move the mouse...

Unfortunately I realised that by default the possibility to enter startup options is deactivated, so I cannot enter safe mode. Of course - as I'm a hacker - I'm never doing things the easy way B) And as I'm a hacker I'm sure there is a way to get into safe mode w/o reinstalling. But which one is it :mellow:

After finding it, I will provide the txts....

Pure jodo!

Boot with -v -s

then type as prompted

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

mkdir /off

cp -r -v /S*/L*/E*/ATIRadeon8500.kext /off

rm -r -v /S*/L*/E*/ATIRadeon8500.kext

reboot

Pure jodo!

:blink:

Boot with -v -s

Nah, I cannot enter boot options, it is directly booting (I guess a small "hack" from JAS).

But I think I have found a way...just booting into single user mode with the install DVD?!

*trying*

Ok, it worked. AGPGart loads fine (with deactivated 8500 kext), but the system profiler show the following text for the kext:

AGPGart:

Version:	2.4.2
 Last Modified:	10/31/07 1:40 PM
 Get Info String:	2.4.2, Slice, 2007
 kext Version:	2.4.2
 Load Address:	0x29fa9000
 Valid:	Yes
 Authentic:	Yes
 Dependencies:	Incomplete
 Dependency Errors:
 com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily:	No valid version of this dependency can be found
 Integrity:	Unknown

Sorry, I don't understand can you boot into desktop without AGPGart but with ATIRadeon8500?

That's the same for me: w/o AGPGart it shows the Ati8500 kext in the sys profiler, but with some unfulfilled dependencies, if I remember right. Shall I check?

jodo ;)

These words make a world of difference.

You must check once more a list of installed extensions, a presence of hardware OpenGL (by means of OpenGL Extensions Viewer http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/) and a performance.

If you really have loaded ATIRadeon8500 and can enter desktop, send me files from

ioreg -l -x -w 1024>ioregJODO.txt

sudo dmesg >dmesgJODO.txt

2 all

Why you keep silence? I dare spent times!

Cheers!

your test with kirby test led me out of deadend. You need no patched Radeon8500. Probably...

You need best AGP driver. It is not exist now! While I need both of them (with my IGP 5835). About glviewer. Version 231 crashes while 228 - no. I think it is a bug in the version.

I can't say you anything about framework. I have no chance for test. When I enter desktop I would test different versions.

your test with kirby test led me out of deadend. You need no patched Radeon8500. Probably...

You need best AGP driver.

Great that all this testing makes some sense :)

I can't say you anything about framework. I have no chance for test. When I enter desktop I would test different versions.

Ok, I will do some careful testing about that on my own. But I will keep the system untouched and unchanged as far as possible - so that further testing shows valid results...

So you can just request a test setup and I will carry out + provide the results. Faster from now on :) But...I'm on the road from tomorrow until monday, there will be some delay...

Slice,

I can boot into the desktop ONLY with the Radeon8500 kext. If I put the AGPgart kext in there, it never gets to the desktop.

I checked my extensions, and the only running ATI extension is the Radon8500.kext.

Does this help? Sorry for it being late. What would you like me to do next, try something with Callisto/katana/agpgart? Please be specifc, if possible!

I have AGPgart(your last version 2.4.2) and Callisto work but no 8500. I tried to add my divice 0x58351002 to both 8500 and 8500Ga kext but I see non of them in extension in sys profile.

my dmegs is filled up by CPU throttle info and nothing else -.-'

glviewer works fine for me (version 2.32)

glviewer works fine because you have no hardware OpenGL

Apple Software RendererRenderer>

About 8500.kext go back and read ALL my post in the thread. I don't want to repeat here because of space.

Nobody knows what to do. No any news. So I take timeout. But don't run away. We would work soon.