/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw

sh /etc/rc

wait and press Ctrl-C

dmesg >dmesgJODO.txt

ioreg -l -x -w 1024 >ioregJODO.txt

rm -r -v /S*/L*/E*/ATIRadeon8500.kext

reboot

Upload these files. It is good idea to zip its.

Hi to All,

i'm very newbie about that.

But i have some problem to start OSX86 Kalyway 10.4.10 sse2 in my IBM Think pad R50

Centrino M1.5 with ATI 9000 (4c66) and AGP 82855

I have tried wit Callisto 08 and AGP 2.1 but I have a screenproblem.

when it startd will appear small orizontal white lines.

AGP Nonloaded and Callisto load ATI8500 .

Some one are able to help me ?

Thank you

Manolazza

manolazza,

you should try callisto b6 and the agpgart 2.4.3 in post #249. with those u should be able to change resolutions but no QE/CI ATM...

or u should try to remove callisto and use only agpgart 2.4.3 with ATIRadeon8500.kext...

if u have any sucess with QE/CI with the second option Above, Tell us!!!

OK Guys

I have finally complete the installation of my Ati 9000 with 32mb.

In Kalyway 10.40.10 i have installed

AGPGart 2.2

Calisto 03Fixed

Configured CallistoHal with the value 4c66

Configured ATIRadeon.8500 with CallistoFB

Thank to All now is woking.

P.S. NO CI and QE but with this Hardware i think is ok.

Thanks to your support.

Manolazza

AGPGart dowloaded 41 times and no feedback!

2manolazza

P.S. NO CI and QE but with this Hardware i think is ok

Where is any report? XBench test?

Can you play DVD? Play chess?

Why you use AGPGart 2.2? Reasons?

I need information :P

I did it...BUT!

When rm'ing the kext again I migh have done a mistake - whatever, I cannot boot to the desktop anymore. It hangs at the "starting up" window with the blue status bar (goes till the end slowly, but nothing happens). Even is save mode...

Nevertheless I managed to extract the txts with the HFS-Explorer - great program!

So you'll find them attached. But I guess I have to reinstall OSX before I can continue testing...*sigh*

jodo.zip

I did it...BUT!

When rm'ing the kext again I migh have done a mistake - whatever, I cannot boot to the desktop anymore. It hangs at the "starting up" window with the blue status bar (goes till the end slowly, but nothing happens). Even is save mode...

Nevertheless I managed to extract the txts with the HFS-Explorer - great program!

So you'll find them attached. But I guess I have to reinstall OSX before I can continue testing...*sigh*

Why do you need to reinstall the system? Look my post #252

I continue to work and find mistakes.

hi slice, I've got an ASUS P4R800 VM with a Radeon 9100 IGP onboard (0x5834 - not 5835 as yours, any idea about it?) and uphuck 10.4.9 fresh installed.

If you need some test I can do them, don't know if your kext helps on my chipset but I can.

Which CALLISTO should I use it with?

hi slice, I've got an ASUS P4R800 VM with a Radeon 9100 IGP onboard (0x5834 - not 5835 as yours, any idea about it?) and uphuck 10.4.9 fresh installed.

If you need some test I can do them, don't know if your kext helps on my chipset but I can.

Which CALLISTO should I use it with?

Very glad to see a new tester with the so interesting chip.

I am using Callisto003fixed as all other Radeon9000 users. And you need patched Radeon8500. Default one is not working for 5835 or 5834.

Can you test and report?

Can anyone enter GUI with Radeon8500 original or patched?

With or without AGPGart?

With or without Radeon8500GA.plugin?

With or without Callisto?

About ATINDRV -forget! It is only for X1000 and not reliable for us.

Slice, can u tell us more details abt your glview result??? i've a 5835 too and with agpgart 2.4.3 i got almost no glitches at quicktime, but wasnt able to run dvd or anything elses related to opengl...

i see on your gl extension it seems to have a drive loaded.... do u want help testing, since we have the same devid??

Best regards and thx for dedicate so much time to all of us!!!

Slice, can u tell us more details abt your glview result??? i've a 5835 too and with agpgart 2.4.3 i got almost no glitches at quicktime, but wasnt able to run dvd or anything elses related to opengl...

i see on your gl extension it seems to have a drive loaded.... do u want help testing, since we have the same devid??

Best regards and thx for dedicate so much time to all of us!!!

It is preliminary rezult. I have OpenGL loaded but it crashes and as you see I have OpenGL memory only 3Mb while in XP I have 32+54MB.

I need testing with another kind of 9000/9100/9200 to understand what is wrong. With 5835 I can test by myself. But I get only reports "Not working..." and no information.

Can u provide me the files u r using??? my 9100 is 128mb shared. maybe i can get more lucky or another result to help u.

I am using ATIRadeon8500*.* files v1.4.40 from 10.4.8, they works in any system version. But the main driver needs to be patched. I uploaded it here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=15538

The picture above I can get only with 16Mb shared memory. Or with 32Mb but with little cracking driver ATISlice.kext. It is injector like natit but with my additional settings.

It is useful to set correct Video Memory Size, name of the card and display type.

You can also set any value such as

jodo

hacker

Can I provide anything else but the dmesg and the ioreg from AGPGart 243 with the radeon 8500?

jodo! I have no any report from you. Look to my thread about AGPGart.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=71308&st=0

Can you show me so useful report?

And you still don't say me how you successful with different kexts combinations as I ask before.

P.S. I have new idea: I need to create agpMemory inside AGRGart driver (only for IGP cards)

jodo! I have no any report from you. Look to my thread about AGPGart.

Can you show me so useful report?

And you still don't say me how you successful with different kexts combinations as I ask before.

P.S. I have new idea: I need to create agpMemory inside AGRGart driver (only for IGP cards)

Ok, I have just discovered your new thread. But have you seen the ioreg and the dmesg from my post #258?

You are right about the combinations...so from what I see just Callisto is missing, I will integrate it. And try the new kext...

Ok, I have just discovered your new thread. But have you seen the ioreg and the dmesg from my post #258?

Sure! :wacko:

You are right about the combinations...so from what I see just Callisto is missing, I will integrate it. And try the new kext...

I don't see any problem with your hardware in your reports. Tell me as much as possible about different attempts if you want I help you.

About Callisto... it is not useful for me. I work with fixed resolution. I am looking for OpenGL.

If you found any difference with and without Callisto - say me. But don't repeat about CallistoFB into GA.plugin. I know.

Slice the links to the 8500*.* are broken, can u send me another link???

thx

Yes, the link dead.

Here is another one.

But it is incomplete work so I think it is unuseful. During 3 month I try to make best patch and I can't promise new version very soon.

jodo! Deadend for you :) as for all other AGP card. Destroy it ;)

AGP driver works only with AMD64 CPU. If your video can get QE/CI in PCI mode use it. Else no any way.

For users 5835.

As I have something like hardwareOpenGL I should try to make 8500 working as PCIE. I have a chance because of shared memory lies in common memory space and don't need AGP driver.

It is very hard to get informations by numerous of booting. I have no find any technical information about Radeon chip from ATI. Linux driver is a s h i t. :) WinXP uses softwareOpenGL or something like it. In it I have find only one hardware setting - base_memory_address. My driver uploaded above do the same and works kirky. WinXP with OpenGL Extension Viewer crashes too :P

Next step?

During working the computer may dies...