Mobility Radeon 9000 thread

hardboiledwonderland

445 posts in this topic

Slice i was doing a "little" search at google to maybe find something to help our "cause" and i saw a lot of posts saying open source radeon driver for linux to make everything work to our devid (5835). maybe this drivers would worth something for u if u look them???

Oh my god...really fast speed going on here. sounds a little bit like magic ;) but ok - what does it mean "use the radeon as PCI"? just stop AGPGart loading? So that PCI is shown in sys profiler?

Sys profiler may say all that you want. It is only text message from driver. But I have great news - now I have working AGP driver for my ATI chipset :thumbsup_anim: . And I think that AGPGart246 might works for you. Test carefully! Without Callisto! They are not compatible.

I have a radeon 9250 pro PCI, maybe I could help ?

What is your DeviceID ? And what is computer configuration? It is real Mac? You may be useful for me as I need good testers. Not as j...

Slice i was doing a "little" search at google to maybe find something to help our "cause" and i saw a lot of posts saying open source radeon driver for linux to make everything work to our devid (5835). maybe this drivers would worth something for u if u look them???

Very interesting!

I have hardwareOpenGL but without QE/CI. Can someone explain me what is mean? There was opinion that PixelShaders is v1.1 but Tiger needs 2.0 :( May be we don't need QE/CI? As for me I need only DVD playback that I still have not. What about real Mac with Radeon 9x00 cards?

Sorry, I don't upload yet AGPGart for ATI bus because of scroll issue.

The drivers work only in software accel mode. Yes it can display screensaver at 30fps, but nothing more. This card was not even supported by ATI on linux (it is the only one that was unsuported). Just forget about a driver, it will not happen. The only way is to port the whole mesa to OSX interface and i think it is not even possible, so just foget about it.

The drivers work only in software accel mode. Yes it can display screensaver at 30fps, but nothing more. This card was not even supported by ATI on linux (it is the only one that was unsuported). Just forget about a driver, it will not happen. The only way is to port the whole mesa to OSX interface and i think it is not even possible, so just foget about it.

Did you see my screenshot?

Once again. Linux driver is a :P

Windows driver works.

To have QE/CI we need a speed. So mesa is not a solution. It is ve-e-ery slow.

My ATI is a Gecube 9250 PCI with 128Mb. The graphic chip is RV280. After a research on the net (I don't have the card currently plugged), the device ID should be 5960. My computer is a hackintosh, pentium D (sse3 support) with intel i915 chipset (no AGP support). Tell me if I can help.

About pixel shaders, I don't know if tiger needs 2.0, but I know QE is supported since geforce 2 (that is far older than any 9000 series ATI), so maybe that can give you some clues.

My ATI is a Gecube 9250 PCI with 128Mb. The graphic chip is RV280. After a research on the net (I don't have the card currently plugged), the device ID should be 5960. My computer is a hackintosh, pentium D (sse3 support) with intel i915 chipset (no AGP support). Tell me if I can help.

About pixel shaders, I don't know if tiger needs 2.0, but I know QE is supported since geforce 2 (that is far older than any 9000 series ATI), so maybe that can give you some clues.

What is happen with your Radeon? Is it work or no?

5960 is directly supported by 8500 driver, as a 4c66. So I dunno what is the problem. You have PCI - you need no AGP.

Why it is PCI? May be it is MAC version?

I know that MacMini with Radeon 9200 has QE/CI. Why not hackintosh?

@Slice

I've found out this old link when I tried to install Linux to my laptop years ago (before knowing Ubuntu)

This guy was succes to have 3D and openGL enable in his laptop and of course he doesnt use the defectif ATI driver

http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/m6r/#graphics

I hope it could help you to figure out how.

From the link I find

Binary-only proprietary drivers from ATI support TV-out and dual-head setup, but no 3D acceleration

Now I have "working" driver but it is very slow and OpenGL crashes. Until I resolve this problem I shall not upload it.

May be anyone wants to try this combination?

1. AGPGart from

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry526856

2. ATIRadeon8500 all kexts and bundles. For 5835 use my patched version uploaded above.

3. No Callisto!

4. ATISlice.kext. Edit it's info.plist

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
		<string>0x58351002</string>  -- your DeviceID
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>0</integer>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>entriesToAdd</key>
		<dict>
			<key>AAPL,gart-width</key>
			<integer>32</integer>
			<key>F8,size</key>
			<integer>0x300000</integer>
			<key>GARTCacheSize</key>
			<integer>16</integer>
			<key>GARTReclaimInterval</key>
			<integer>250</integer>
			<key>GARTReclaimTimeout</key>
			<integer>260</integer>

F8,size - for 9700 it is Video Memory Size, but for me I can boot only with the value 3Mb.

GART* - I try tune its and get best values. Defaults is 0. May be anyone would be successful with some other.

Sorry, but the problem is still remain unresolved. I wait your testing and usefull information.

Slice, i'm using the combination u told us to use, but i've a little problem with ATIRadeon8500GA.plugin... with this file my system hangs before open graphics... without it the sysem starts but the glview crashes... do u want some report??

And whats changes u suggest me to do in ATISlice.kext?

Slice, i'm using the combination u told us to use, but i've a little problem with ATIRadeon8500GA.plugin... with this file my system hangs before open graphics... without it the sysem starts but the glview crashes... do u want some report??

And whats changes u suggest me to do in ATISlice.kext?

Yes, GA.plugin must switch on hardwareOpenGL. Did you use AGPGart? What is your memory size and VideoMemory? If you see glview crashes so look for crash.log. May be you find a reason.

Yes, OpenGL Extension Viewer v2.3 and more crashes. I have v2.28 that works.

About GA.plugin. Change string IONDRVFramebuffer to IOFramebuffer.

Did you delete Callisto?

As you see I have many questions so I need more detailed report.

Try the combination without AGPGart.

I've 1536mb ram and Vid memory is 128mb... i can't change video memory at bios.

I removed Callisto, and changed the string into the pluging as u told me but same result.

Without AGPGart it doesn't hang with the GA.plugin modification, but abt a minute after it get into graphics the system hangs....

do u have any other information o want me to change another thing??

can u send me your glviewer??

I've 1536mb ram and Vid memory is 128mb... i can't change video memory at bios.

I removed Callisto, and changed the string into the pluging as u told me but same result.

Without AGPGart it doesn't hang with the GA.plugin modification, but abt a minute after it get into graphics the system hangs....

do u have any other information o want me to change another thing??

can u send me your glviewer??

You can't change video memory because you have RAM>512.

System hangs if you try scroll text, isn't it? As I have the same.

Try to change GART* values to any other. May be you would be more successful then I am.

Instead of glviewer try other program:

VideoHardwareInfo.zip

Hi Slice,

sounds great so far! Good to know that you are still on track. I'm back on the stage as well - but as you have stated, I'm not really good for DIY testing :)

But of course I'm still willingly and happy to test a specific setup based on your instructions...just for letting you know...

Good luck...

jo

Hi Slice,

I'm a new member to these forums but have been following this thread closely. I have a Mobility Radeon 9000 with 32MB RAM in a Dell Latitude D600 and am using JaS 10.4.6. The configuration that works for me is without AGPGart. The video hardware info program shows that hardware OpenGL is on but whenever I try and use that hardware OpenGL (eg Flurry or iTunes visuals) the app just crashes but otherwise everything is fine. I'm not sure how helpful this is but if you have any suggestions for me to help I'm willing. AGPGart would only load and make the graphics card show as AGP if all the ATIRadeon8500* kexts were gone.

Thanks for all your efforts, its much appreciated.

Hi Slice,

sounds great so far! Good to know that you are still on track. I'm back on the stage as well - but as you have stated, I'm not really good for DIY testing :(

But of course I'm still willingly and happy to test a specific setup based on your instructions...just for letting you know...

Good luck...

jo

glad to see you again :)

I still have no news but I work.

Can you say me something like ZKFVS?

2 ZKFVS

What id your DeviceID? 4c66?

What is you bus? Can you upload here ioreg and dmesg as I ask at AGP thread?

Slice,

Here is my ioreg and dmesg.

Thanks,

ZKFVS

Very thanks for testing. As I see you try my ATISlice and it works partially. Needed to rewrite.

Ati: RADio address 0000c000   -- false
Ati: Setting AAPL,gart-width=0x00000020  --true
Ati: Setting device_type=display
Ati: Setting GARTCacheSize=0x00000010
Ati: Setting F8,size=0x03100000  -- It is your good value?
Ati: F8 written 03100000
Ati: Setting fboffset=0x00020000
Ati: Setting GARTReclaimInterval=0x000000fa
Ati: Setting GARTReclaimTimeout=0x00000104  -- It is your good value?
Ati: Set model=Unknown ATI  -- strange, it might be my mistake, or interference with your RadeonTool.
Ati: Corrected F8 size=03100000 VMEM = 00000000
radeonTool:Initializing
radeonTool:Probing
Ati: Start with VID
Ati: trace before Radeon.kext
(00000030)=00000000  (00000050)=00000000  (000000f8)=03100000  (00000100)=00000000  -- false
radeonTool iomemory length: 0x10000 @ 0xfcff0000  -- good!
radeonTool virt: 0x2975f000 physical: 0xfcff0000
radeonTool IRQ: 11, Vendor ID: 1002, Product ID: 4c66  -- very interesting!

Your ioreg

"compatible" = <"pci8086,3341","pciclass,060400">  -- I know this AGP, but still have problems
"VRAM,memsize" = <00000112>   -- ????
| |   |	 |   "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=0xffffffffe8000000,"length"=0x8000000}),{"offset"=0xc000,"parent"=({"address"=0x0,"length"=0x10000}),"length"=0x100},({"address"=0xfffffffffcff0000,"length"=0x10000}))

IODeviceMemory has unknown structure for me. Needed to think.