Solution for Realtek ALC262

Alfred

67 posts in this topic

with the same controller and audio card on a fujitsu laptop I still have problems.

I've followed the guide and now i can see a device on the output tab, but still no sound from speakers or headphone.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

hack: 10.4.8, t5600, 945gm, Alc262(ven10ec, dev 0262 - ven8086, dev 27d8)

Hi macosse, did you delete the AppleHDA.kext? and did you repair Permissions?, if you done this, maybe you speakers don't work, because in some cases you have configured the sound but, the speakers don't work is a kind of bug, presented in some laptops. Give me more details, of how did you do, step by step?

Greetings.

I have the ALC262 also, got the sound to work on the laptop speaker.. But when plug in the headphone through the headphone jack, no sounc comming out. Has naybody have this problem? How about going to fix it?

Same here, sound works only on laptop speakers. I got a Vaio VGN-N220.

with the same controller and audio card on a fujitsu laptop I still have problems.

I've followed the guide and now i can see a device on the output tab, but still no sound from speakers or headphone.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

hack: 10.4.8, t5600, 945gm, Alc262(ven10ec, dev 0262 - ven8086, dev 27d8)

Dear all,

I have this laptop BenQ Joybook T31 with Realtek HDA ALC262

the device id is:

Realtek HDA Codec ALC262

pci.vendor_id: 10EC

pci.product_id: 0262

pci.subsys_product_id: 17FF

pci.subsys_vendor_id: 0000

VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_17FF0000

-------------------------------------

Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for HDA

pci.vendor_id: 1002

pci.product_id: 437B

pci.subsys_product_id: 058D

pci.subsys_vendor_id: 17FF

VEN_1002&DEV_437B&SUBSYS_058D17FF&REV_01

I've been trying what the guide said to do, and I've got the same problem as macosse had...

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Dear all,

I have this laptop BenQ Joybook T31 with Realtek HDA ALC262

the device id is:

Realtek HDA Codec ALC262

pci.vendor_id: 10EC

pci.product_id: 0262

pci.subsys_product_id: 17FF

pci.subsys_vendor_id: 0000

VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_17FF0000

-------------------------------------

Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for HDA

pci.vendor_id: 1002

pci.product_id: 437B

pci.subsys_product_id: 058D

pci.subsys_vendor_id: 17FF

VEN_1002&DEV_437B&SUBSYS_058D17FF&REV_01

I've been trying what the guide said to do, and I've got the same problem as macosse had...

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Did you try the installer in post #27?

i have the same alc262 and numbers as you and it work fine :) reboot after install :D

Yes, I've try the installer on post #27 and the result is still the same...

no output on laptop speakers or headphone...

FYI I'm here is my laptop specs:

Processor: AMD Turion64 X2 TL-52 @1,6GHz

Chipset: ATi Xpress200 (RS480)

Graphic: ATi Radeon Express X1150 (shared memory)

Memory: 1024MB

Harddisk: 80GB (SATA Controller ATi 4379)

Soundcard: Realtek ALC262 (High-Definition Audio Codec)

Network:

Wired: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet

Wireless: Athreos AR50006EG

Modem: Agere Systems HDA

Bluetooth: Broadcom 2045

SDA 5-in-1: Texas Instrument PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller

PCMCIA: Texas Instrument PCIxx12 Cardbus

Firewire: Texas Instrument OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394

WebCam: BenQ QEye

I'm currently using MacOS X 10.4.8 kernel (unknown)

Is the kernel version has effect on this problem?

(btw how can I know what version of kernel I'm using of?)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey ayrus02, try first deleting the AppleHDA.kext (I recommend you to make a backup first, just put it in another folder, then delete it), do the guide again I´m prettey sure that will work correctly, remember to deleate AppelHDA.kext, if you don´t do this it will not work, if you do it correctly you will have output sound on speakers or headphone (it seems that is just one of then no both, I mean you can have onle on speakers or only on headphone), and you will not get the mic in, but hey!! its a progress, theres some drivers patch for this alc262 cards, but it didn´t work for me, I´m still waiting for it, ciao.

Guys,

I have to say excellent work I now have sound working on my Samsung Q1U! Theres a bit of a sync issue when playing with video but listening to music from itunes works. If I can get that issue resolved i would be in heaven. Finally, does anyone know of a touch screen calibration tool for OSX?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi macosse, did you delete the AppleHDA.kext? and did you repair Permissions?, if you done this, maybe you speakers don't work, because in some cases you have configured the sound but, the speakers don't work is a kind of bug, presented in some laptops. Give me more details, of how did you do, step by step?Greetings.
Yes Alfred, I've done everything exactly as you explained. I have a Fujitsu lifebook c1040 and I've now tried with a fresh install (xxx 10.4.10) but still the same result. I've also tried with the easy fix published here but nothing. I'msure to have the same controller and the same Realtek chip of your guide and I've done exactly what you wrote. I do have now an output device in the audio system preferences, but still not working. It's a pity!!Thank you very much for you interest and for your nice howto, though.
:D EASY FIX FOR ALC 262 :hysterical: This is a easy installer for audio fix!Good luck let me know if it works for you, K :hysterical:post-124458-1186892817_thumb.png*File>>> To_Fix_OSX86_Sound.pkg.zip
same card in a lifebook c1040 and a 10.4.10 fresh install. Tried your pkg but still no working audio.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I followed the intructions, and now I got output option showing up in the settings, and i can turn up and down, but I can't hear anything out of my laptop speakers or if i plug in headphones, etc.

Please help.

This methods works great on my Sony C1Z laptop with ALC262 audio. Took me a while to figure out that I needed to remove the AppleHDA.kext from the extensions folder, but after that final step, I have built in audio working just fine... (no headphone output as expected...)

Can I suggest the first post is edited to say that the AppleHDA should be backed up AND REMOVED from the extensions folder? I'm sure that would help future ALC262 owners.

Big thanks for to the original poster for this fix...

This methods works great on my Sony C1Z laptop with ALC262 audio. Took me a while to figure out that I needed to remove the AppleHDA.kext from the extensions folder, but after that final step, I have built in audio working just fine... (no headphone output as expected...)

Can I suggest the first post is edited to say that the AppleHDA should be backed up AND REMOVED from the extensions folder? I'm sure that would help future ALC262 owners.

Big thanks for to the original poster for this fix...

Hi TonyMo, thanks for your comments, and share your experience with us, about this fix. About your suggestion to edit the first post, in a few i did the correction, so thanks again for your suggestions. Later

Greetings

Alfred

I've found a user with the same card (alc262) in a similar laptop, that was able to get it working with azalia audio but only with a 10.4.9 release.

So I've tried myself but still nothing was working. It's really strange.

I've then tried with a different approach; 10.4.10 fresh install and taruga's test kext for alc262 (so no need for azalia and with a patched AppleHDA and ALCInject).

Now headphones are working but not internal speakers. With taruga's test1 kext only headphones are shown in system preferences; with both test2 and test3 also internal speakers are shown in system preferences but only headphones are working .

Hope this will help someone the same problem.

I will keep tring to get internal speakers working.

Thanks again to Alfred for sharing his solution.

Specs:

Lifebook C1040

XXX 10.4.10

ALC262 (only headphones with taruga's method )

Marvell Gigabit Ethernet (working)

Intel 945GM (working)

Intel 3945wireless (will see later...)

• 1 month later...

I have this audio card, but have not probed the problem down to the id.etc...

but wanted to let you guys know about a great little device I've had for a awhile:

Behringer U-Control UCA202

It's plug'n'play with no drivers [sometimes I've noticed it needs to be plugged in when you power it on for the first time, but then it seems to recognize it from then on after it loads the drivers info into cache].

Optical in and out, along with RCAs. Headphone pre-amp. Bus powered.

For less then $30 dollars shipped, its well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I tried the above audio jack solution on leopard but it is only partially working

When I select "headphone" as output from the sound in Preferences, sound comes out from both the headphone and the speaker. In contrast there is no sound in neither output when "speakers" is selected.

Any help?

post-49088-1199124751_thumb.png

Hi,

I tried the above audio jack solution on leopard but it is only partially working

When I select "headphone" as output from the sound in Preferences, sound comes out from both the headphone and the speaker. In contrast there is no sound in neither output when "speakers" is selected.

Any help?

Hi bubugugu, the solution is only works for Tiger, and i hadn't tested in Leopard so try another solution for your sound card. Greeting

Happy New Year.

my vaio TX751P I had everything going but it was an SSE2, so was limited to only booting on battery... got a TX850P and with its 950GMA got everything, except sound... today, sound is WORKING!!! thanks everybody on the site for everything, I now have a full functional vaioBook pro...

• 3 weeks later...
This solution works for me, i got a Sony Vaio VGN-C140F/B with Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, so i have the realtek high definition audio sound card in windows Xp works excellent, so when i install mac os x 10.4.6HOTiSO didn't work, so i search for almost all the forum to get a solution so i found it, so this solution works for me so let's go:

You must to check this things before you do something:

1. Your codec is the Realtek ALC262 (vendor id=10EC ; device id=0262).

2. The controller chip you will have to look up. Go into Windows' Device Manager. In Device Manager, go to "System devices". Find "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio"and get Properties. Then click the Details tab and get the vendor and device ids, you must have this (vendor id=8086, device id=27D8).

3. When you got this information change to mac os x.

4. First, Backup the AppleHDA.kext and removed it from /System/Library/Extensions/

5. Find the kext AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and edit it:

In Terminal, type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

then search for IOHDAudioCodecVendorID, when you find it

Find:

<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>

<string>0x10ec0880</string>

Change <string>0x10ec0880</string> -- to -- <string>0x10ec0262</string>

For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit.

6. In Terminal, type:

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Search for IOPCIPrimaryMatch.

Find:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0xNNNN8086</string> (where NNNN are any 4 characters)

Change <string>0xNNNN8086</string> -- to -- <string>0x27d88086</string>

For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit

7. Repair Peri¡missions using the disk utility in Utilies in the Finder or typing in terminal: sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

8. In Terminal type: sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

9. In Terminal type: sudo chmod -R 755 AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

10. In Termina type: cd /System/Library

sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

11. Then if you do this well, reboot and you have SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course works for me, please feedback and let me know anything about the solution.

Regards Alfred

Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66GHz FSB 667MHz

1GB Ram

1000 GB HDD

Intel GMA950 (works) (resolution 1280 x 800)

Marvell Yukon Ethernet (works)

Realtek High Definition Audio (works)

Intel Pro Wireless 3945 (didn't work)

Bluetooth (works)

USB Ports (works)

TOPIC UPDATED 22/10/07

Hi guys, i made a change in the step 4, from a user made a suggestion about to mention that the kext AppleHDA.kext, need to be removed from the extensions Folder, so i did the change . If you have any question or comment please contact me.

*****TOPIC UPDATED 18/12/07*****

Hi everybody, i want to share my happiness with all of you, because FINALLY I CAN MADE THE HEADPHONES WORK IT OUT, THANKS TO TARUGA'S APPLE HDA PATCHER VERSION 1.20. Simply follow these instructions and you can hear sound from the headphones and internal speakers:

NOTE: This solution works for me with my laptop mention above. I hope the same results for you.

Forget all the steps mention above and follow these new ones.

1. Simply download the files that i have attached.

2. There will be 2 files: ALC262_codec_dump.txt & AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.app

3. Simply drag & drop the file ALC262_codec_dump.txt to the AppleHDAPatcher application.

4. The program will ask for you password, put it and wait until the programs end.

5. Reboot the system and pray.

6. If everything gots fine, you can check in the icon Sound in System Preferences and you will see in the tab Output headphone built-in & speakers built-in.

7. So you got it. Remember this solution works for me i can't guarantee the same results as mines.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Please let me now any question do you have, if works or don't.

Greetings, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.

Alfred.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i´m glad, i was searching for a few hours how to solve this trouble... now i just want to tank you man, i has used yours steps and downloaded the patcher, now the audio go on Leopard!!!

Thanks again!!!

• 1 month later...
:lol: EASY FIX FOR ALC 262 :(

This is a easy installer for audio fix!

Good luck let me know if it works for you, K

:)

post-124458-1186892817_thumb.png

*File>>> To_Fix_OSX86_Sound.pkg.zip

You are a champ! THANKS! - working on my toshiba r20 tablet :(

EDIT:

P.S. IMPORTANT!!! - Leopard saw the audio and i could change the volumes, but no sound came out until i booted to my XP tablet and un-muted the sound in there...once it was turned on again - all the way up, i rebooted leopard and it worked!

...weird that it remembers its last state/cannot change or overwrite its own...

• 4 months later...

This is the first solution that even has my headphones working for Leopard on my Sony Vaio TZ150...sort of. For the Internal Speaker setings it recognizes the headphones, and I get sound, but sound continues to come of of the internal speakers as well. There is no sound when choosing the headphone outputs from either, also no controls for the headphones.

Has anyone else seen this or come up with a solution yet?

Hi,

Any help?

I have tha same situation.

Has anyone come up with a solution?

Systm: Leopard 10.5.2

Laptop: Samsung Q45

• 1 month later...