Solution for Realtek ALC262

Alfred

67 posts in this topic

This solution works for me, i got a Sony Vaio VGN-C140F/B with Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, so i have the realtek high definition audio sound card in windows Xp works excellent, so when i install mac os x 10.4.6HOTiSO didn't work, so i search for almost all the forum to get a solution so i found it, so this solution works for me so let's go:

You must to check this things before you do something:

1. Your codec is the Realtek ALC262 (vendor id=10EC ; device id=0262).

2. The controller chip you will have to look up. Go into Windows' Device Manager. In Device Manager, go to "System devices". Find "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio"and get Properties. Then click the Details tab and get the vendor and device ids, you must have this (vendor id=8086, device id=27D8).

3. When you got this information change to mac os x.

4. First, Backup the AppleHDA.kext and removed it from /System/Library/Extensions/

5. Find the kext AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and edit it:

In Terminal, type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

then search for IOHDAudioCodecVendorID, when you find it

Find:

<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>

<string>0x10ec0880</string>

Change <string>0x10ec0880</string> -- to -- <string>0x10ec0262</string>

For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit.

6. In Terminal, type:

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Search for IOPCIPrimaryMatch.

Find:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0xNNNN8086</string> (where NNNN are any 4 characters)

Change <string>0xNNNN8086</string> -- to -- <string>0x27d88086</string>

For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit

7. Repair Peri¡missions using the disk utility in Utilies in the Finder or typing in terminal: sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

8. In Terminal type: sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

9. In Terminal type: sudo chmod -R 755 AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

10. In Termina type: cd /System/Library

sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

11. Then if you do this well, reboot and you have SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course works for me, please feedback and let me know anything about the solution.

Regards Alfred

Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66GHz FSB 667MHz

1GB Ram

1000 GB HDD

Intel GMA950 (works) (resolution 1280 x 800)

Marvell Yukon Ethernet (works)

Realtek High Definition Audio (works)

Intel Pro Wireless 3945 (didn't work)

Bluetooth (works)

USB Ports (works)

TOPIC UPDATED 22/10/07

Hi guys, i made a change in the step 4, from a user made a suggestion about to mention that the kext AppleHDA.kext, need to be removed from the extensions Folder, so i did the change . If you have any question or comment please contact me.

*****TOPIC UPDATED 18/12/07*****

Hi everybody, i want to share my happiness with all of you, because FINALLY I CAN MADE THE HEADPHONES WORK IT OUT, THANKS TO TARUGA'S APPLE HDA PATCHER VERSION 1.20. Simply follow these instructions and you can hear sound from the headphones and internal speakers:

NOTE: This solution works for me with my laptop mention above. I hope the same results for you.

Forget all the steps mention above and follow these new ones.

1. Simply download the files that i have attached.

2. There will be 2 files: ALC262_codec_dump.txt & AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.app

3. Simply drag & drop the file ALC262_codec_dump.txt to the AppleHDAPatcher application.

4. The program will ask for you password, put it and wait until the programs end.

5. Reboot the system and pray.

6. If everything gots fine, you can check in the icon Sound in System Preferences and you will see in the tab Output headphone built-in & speakers built-in.

7. So you got it. Remember this solution works for me i can't guarantee the same results as mines.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Please let me now any question do you have, if works or don't.

Greetings, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.

Alfred.

:):hysterical: :hysterical: -_- -_- :D :D :D :D :D

ALC262_AppleHDA___Code_Dump.zip

Edited by Alfred

• 2 weeks later...

OK thanks a ton for these instructions, got me going on my Vaio VGN-TXN15P with the ALC262.

I can get AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to load and then my sound is output through headphone port but not laptop speakers.

I have the same bus, 0x808627d8, Azalia drives the headphones but not the speakers. As soon as I load any version of AppleHDA.kext I get an IOPCI mismatch and lose the sound-trying the HDA that came with 10.4.8 JaS and a 10.4.3 copy but neither will load successfully even though my hardware IDs are correct.

EDIT: Sounds like there is some progress on this front. As of this edit (1-7-07) you get your laptop speakers or the headphone port but not both. But from this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=267966

It looks like there is a patcher in the works. I'm hoping that someone a lot smarter than me (Taruga) can sort this 262 chipset out.

Edited by denied

I have the ALC262 also, got the sound to work on the laptop speaker.. But when plug in the headphone through the headphone jack, no sounc comming out. Has naybody have this problem? How about going to fix it?

And YES: my headphone is working. When plug in, no sound on the laptop speaker, and no sound to the headphone.

On system: no sound profile

On the device: HD Audio Outplut NO INPUT

1GB Ram

100 GB HDD

Bluetooth (works)

USB Ports (works)

I have sony vaio-VGN-C13G

Marvell Yukon Ethernet Not Work :tomato:

Realtek High Definition Audio Not Work :(

Intel Pro Wireless 3945 Not Work :(

Bluetooth Not Work :(

please help me to resolve my problems

If you havesome link about resolve my problems tell me Please ;)

I have sony vaio-VGN-C13G

Marvell Yukon Ethernet Not Work :(

Realtek High Definition Audio Not Work :(

Intel Pro Wireless 3945 Not Work :(

Bluetooth Not Work :(

please help me to resolve my problems

If you havesome link about resolve my problems tell me Please :pirate2:

:tomato::) ?

If you have VGN-N130G, then everything should work, except for wireless and little bit of sound problem. Have sound on laptop speaker, no headphone sound.

Marvell Yukon Ethernet Not Work If you have link about resolve my problems tell me Please

Realtek High Definition Audio Not Work [/b] If you have link about resolve my problems tell me Please

Intel Pro Wireless 3945 Not Work

Bluetooth Work :whistle:

Edited by akooo

• 1 month later...

Hi Alfred, thanks for the work around. unfortunately, my ALC 262 doesn't work with the above mentioned method.

under sys preferences, there's no audio device recognized. under audiomidi app, there's no o/p or i/p devices found.

any other things i can to try? do i need to download another azalia kext to use your method?

thanks. :)

(ps i'm running 10.4.8 on a fujitsu laptop, C2D, 945 chipset)

• 4 weeks later...

Alfred YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:) Thank you so much for the directions above. I have been trying to get sound since thanksgiving! And in 30 minutes I had sound out of my Vaio speakers. No to get the headphone jack / sound out to work ! For external speakers. (movies,music etc.)

Anyone that has gotten sound out to work please HELP..... Thanks :D:P:ninja:

Sony Vaio VGN-N110G

Core solo

512 ram

DVD DL

15.4 Screen

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

lol...it seems like I have the opposite of everyone else's problem...After applying this fix I have sound working ONLY on the headphone/stereo out jack, and not on the computer's internal speakers. In system preferences, it simply says "HD Audio Output" under the sound output tab. There's nothing listed for input, and in System Profiler it simply says Intel High Definition Audio: ". For reference, I have JaS 10.4.8 installed on a Sony Vaio VGN-G118TN/S (core solo 1.33 Intel 945GM chipset)

• 2 weeks later...
This solution works for me, i got a Sony Vaio VGN-C140F/B with Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, so i have the realtek high definition audio sound card in windows Xp works excellent.....

So while Taruga may eventually make a patcher for the ALC262, I doubt it will be soon be cause he has no personal interest in doing so as he doesn't own the chipset. Next week (when I have time) I will try to follow the manual instructions behind his patcher to hopefully mod the AppleHDA.kext. This should be possible: we just don't know where to input the proper audio jack/pinout/port assignments. I will also look into modding AppleAzalia.kext if the AppleHDA attempt fails. I really would love to have speakers, and headphone out plus muting when headphones are plugged in. It should be possible; it will just take some time.

Tecra M7 GMA950 CDuo with 10.4.9 Uphuck 1.3 running Semthex SSE3 8.9.1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This solution works for me, i got a Sony Vaio VGN-C140F/B with Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, so i have the realtek high definition audio sound card in windows Xp works excellent, so when i install mac os x 10.4.6HOTiSO didn't work, so i search for almost all the forum to get a solution so i found it, so this solution works for me so let's go:

1. Your codec is the Realtek ALC262 (vendor id=10EC ; device id=0262).

2. The controller chip you will have to look up. Go into Windows' Device Manager. In Device Manager, go to "System devices". Find "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio"and get Properties. Then click the Details tab and get the vendor and device ids, you must have this (vendor id=8086, device id=27D8).

3. When you got this information change to mac os x.

4. First, Backup the AppleHDA.kext, in a location wherever you want. You find it on /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

5. Find the kext AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and edit it:

In Terminal, type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

then search for IOHDAudioCodecVendorID, when you find it

Find:

<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>

<string>0x10ec0880</string>

Change <string>0x10ec0880</string> -- to -- <string>0x10ec0262</string>

For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit.

6. In Terminal, type:

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Search for IOPCIPrimaryMatch.

Find:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0xNNNN8086</string> (where NNNN are any 4 characters)

Change <string>0xNNNN8086</string> -- to -- <string>0x27d88086</string>

For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit

7. Repair Peri¡missions using the disk utility in Utilies in the Finder or typing in terminal: sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

8. In Terminal type: sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

9. In Terminal type: sudo chmod -R 755 AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

10. In Termina type: cd /System/Library

sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

11. Then if you do this well, reboot and you have SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course works for me, please feedback and let me know anything about the solution.

Regards Alfred

1GB Ram

1000 GB HDD

Bluetooth (works)

USB Ports (works)

Thnx for you guide, but i'm sorry. i have a question:

This work for ALC260 sound card, i think that the two sound cards are the same, but i;m not sure, please help me... i realy need Line In in my pc hackntosh, for use garageband and others

Thnx for you guide, but i'm sorry. i have a question:

This work for ALC260 sound card, i think that the two sound cards are the same, but i;m not sure, please help me... i realy need Line In in my pc hackntosh, for use garageband and others

Hi Camilo, the only way you could see if it work, is trying to do the guide, so i don't now if the line in works, because in my laptop when i try to plug in the headphones it didn't work, so i don't know why, and i'm try to fix but with no succes, i think the kext is not design for that sound card, and only was a compatible way to get sound with that kext, so i¡m working on it, if i have news i let you know, so thanks for the question bye bye.

Greetings

Alfred

• 3 weeks later...

with the same controller and audio card on a fujitsu laptop I still have problems.

I've followed the guide and now i can see a device on the output tab, but still no sound from speakers or headphone.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

hack: 10.4.8, t5600, 945gm, Alc262(ven10ec, dev 0262 - ven8086, dev 27d8)