This solution works for me, i got a Sony Vaio VGN-C140F/B with Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, so i have the realtek high definition audio sound card in windows Xp works excellent, so when i install mac os x 10.4.6HOTiSO didn't work, so i search for almost all the forum to get a solution so i found it, so this solution works for me so let's go:
You must to check this things before you do something:
1. Your codec is the Realtek ALC262 (vendor id=10EC ; device id=0262).
2. The controller chip you will have to look up. Go into Windows' Device Manager. In Device Manager, go to "System devices". Find "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio"and get Properties. Then click the Details tab and get the vendor and device ids, you must have this (vendor id=8086, device id=27D8).
3. When you got this information change to mac os x.
4. First, Backup the AppleHDA.kext and removed it from /System/Library/Extensions/
5. Find the kext AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and edit it:
In Terminal, type:
sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist
then search for IOHDAudioCodecVendorID, when you find it
Change <string>0x10ec0880</string> -- to -- <string>0x10ec0262</string>
For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit.
6. In Terminal, type:
sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Search for IOPCIPrimaryMatch.
<string>0xNNNN8086</string> (where NNNN are any 4 characters)
Change <string>0xNNNN8086</string> -- to -- <string>0x27d88086</string>
For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit
7. Repair Peri¡missions using the disk utility in Utilies in the Finder or typing in terminal: sudo diskutil repairpermissions /
8. In Terminal type: sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAzaliaAudio.kext
9. In Terminal type: sudo chmod -R 755 AppleAzaliaAudio.kext
10. In Termina type: cd /System/Library
sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache
11. Then if you do this well, reboot and you have SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course works for me, please feedback and let me know anything about the solution.
Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66GHz FSB 667MHz
1000 GB HDD
Intel GMA950 (works) (resolution 1280 x 800)
Marvell Yukon Ethernet (works)
Realtek High Definition Audio (works)
Intel Pro Wireless 3945 (didn't work)
USB Ports (works)
TOPIC UPDATED 22/10/07
Hi guys, i made a change in the step 4, from a user made a suggestion about to mention that the kext AppleHDA.kext, need to be removed from the extensions Folder, so i did the change . If you have any question or comment please contact me.
*****TOPIC UPDATED 18/12/07*****
Hi everybody, i want to share my happiness with all of you, because FINALLY I CAN MADE THE HEADPHONES WORK IT OUT, THANKS TO TARUGA'S APPLE HDA PATCHER VERSION 1.20. Simply follow these instructions and you can hear sound from the headphones and internal speakers:
NOTE: This solution works for me with my laptop mention above. I hope the same results for you.
Forget all the steps mention above and follow these new ones.
1. Simply download the files that i have attached.
2. There will be 2 files: ALC262_codec_dump.txt & AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.app
3. Simply drag & drop the file ALC262_codec_dump.txt to the AppleHDAPatcher application.
4. The program will ask for you password, put it and wait until the programs end.
5. Reboot the system and pray.
6. If everything gots fine, you can check in the icon Sound in System Preferences and you will see in the tab Output headphone built-in & speakers built-in.
7. So you got it. Remember this solution works for me i can't guarantee the same results as mines.
Please let me now any question do you have, if works or don't.
Greetings, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.
:hysterical: -_- :D :D