Solution for Realtek ALC262

Alfred

67 posts in this topic

This is the first solution that even has my headphones working for Leopard on my Sony Vaio TZ150...sort of. For the Internal Speaker setings it recognizes the headphones, and I get sound, but sound continues to come of of the internal speakers as well. There is no sound when choosing the headphone outputs from either, also no controls for the headphones.

Has anyone else seen this or come up with a solution yet?

Hi... Does anybody has a solution about this problem ? I have the same problem on my Samsung Q210 , when i insert the headphones jack , i can hear the sound from the speaker as well ... the rest is working properly , just this little problem .

Hi... Does anybody has a solution about this problem ? I have the same problem on my Samsung Q210 , when i insert the headphones jack , i can hear the sound from the speaker as well ... the rest is working properly , just this little problem .

Got the Q210 too, same problem here, Audio is the only thing beside Sleep not working...I just started to try to work things out like described in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127819 but that seems to be quite hard...

Will try to think of you if the codecgraph method is successful...

Greets

Got the Q210 too, same problem here, Audio is the only thing beside Sleep not working...I just started to try to work things out like described in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127819 but that seems to be quite hard...

Will try to think of you if the codecgraph method is successful...

Greets

Tnx for replying to my post , if you'll find any solution to this " jack " problem pls let me know. Would you be so kind and tell me if you solved the problem with the web cam of q210 also , i can not find any solution yet, i use ideneb 10.5.5 , i can see the webcam in the usb devices list but it doesn't work with ichat or skype (black screen) i guess i need some driver ...thank you in advance

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just wanted to say that I have installed iPC Osx86 10.5.6 Uni Final (PPF5) and there is this ALC262 driver which JUST WORKS FOR ME 10000%: B);) !!! Credits to the creator of this driver, you made me one hell of a happy man!

I have a Fujitsu-siemens S7110 laptop, all listed working, incl volume control (as visible in Sound pref pane):

2 items in Output: Built-speakers, Headphones out -- these are actually 2 discrete stereo outputs which can be aggregated, just by running Doom3 with OpenAL i got 4 channel surround (Multichannel aggregation set up in Audio MIDI utility).

2 items in Input: Internal mic, external mic in.

This laptop has powermanagement features, sometimes when I turn it on (on reboot to windows, or on battery esp), the sound is not coming out (only noise; hardware mute?). Most often it is sufficient no to reboot to windows too often! :-)

This solution works for me, i got a Sony Vaio VGN-C140F/B with Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, so i have the realtek high definition audio sound card in windows Xp works excellent, so when i install mac os x 10.4.6HOTiSO didn't work, so i search for almost all the forum to get a solution so i found it, so this solution works for me so let's go:

You must to check this things before you do something:

1. Your codec is the Realtek ALC262 (vendor id=10EC ; device id=0262).

2. The controller chip you will have to look up. Go into Windows' Device Manager. In Device Manager, go to "System devices". Find "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio"and get Properties. Then click the Details tab and get the vendor and device ids, you must have this (vendor id=8086, device id=27D8).

3. When you got this information change to mac os x.

4. First, Backup the AppleHDA.kext and removed it from /System/Library/Extensions/

5. Find the kext AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and edit it:

In Terminal, type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

then search for IOHDAudioCodecVendorID, when you find it

Find:

<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>

<string>0x10ec0880</string>

Change <string>0x10ec0880</string> -- to -- <string>0x10ec0262</string>

For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit.

6. In Terminal, type:

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Search for IOPCIPrimaryMatch.

Find:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0xNNNN8086</string> (where NNNN are any 4 characters)

Change <string>0xNNNN8086</string> -- to -- <string>0x27d88086</string>

For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit

7. Repair Peri¡missions using the disk utility in Utilies in the Finder or typing in terminal: sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

8. In Terminal type: sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

9. In Terminal type: sudo chmod -R 755 AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

10. In Termina type: cd /System/Library

sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

11. Then if you do this well, reboot and you have SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course works for me, please feedback and let me know anything about the solution.

Regards Alfred

Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66GHz FSB 667MHz

1GB Ram

1000 GB HDD

Intel GMA950 (works) (resolution 1280 x 800)

Marvell Yukon Ethernet (works)

Realtek High Definition Audio (works)

Intel Pro Wireless 3945 (didn't work)

Bluetooth (works)

USB Ports (works)

TOPIC UPDATED 22/10/07

Hi guys, i made a change in the step 4, from a user made a suggestion about to mention that the kext AppleHDA.kext, need to be removed from the extensions Folder, so i did the change . If you have any question or comment please contact me.

*****TOPIC UPDATED 18/12/07*****

Hi everybody, i want to share my happiness with all of you, because FINALLY I CAN MADE THE HEADPHONES WORK IT OUT, THANKS TO TARUGA'S APPLE HDA PATCHER VERSION 1.20. Simply follow these instructions and you can hear sound from the headphones and internal speakers:

NOTE: This solution works for me with my laptop mention above. I hope the same results for you.

Forget all the steps mention above and follow these new ones.

1. Simply download the files that i have attached.

2. There will be 2 files: ALC262_codec_dump.txt & AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.app

3. Simply drag & drop the file ALC262_codec_dump.txt to the AppleHDAPatcher application.

4. The program will ask for you password, put it and wait until the programs end.

5. Reboot the system and pray.

6. If everything gots fine, you can check in the icon Sound in System Preferences and you will see in the tab Output headphone built-in & speakers built-in.

7. So you got it. Remember this solution works for me i can't guarantee the same results as mines.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Please let me now any question do you have, if works or don't.

Greetings, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.

Alfred.

:(:(:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Big THANK YOU :(

• 4 months later...

I installed the "To Fix OSX86 Sound.pkg.zip" file from reply #27 and when the system first boots, audio works perfectly. But then after about 5 or 10 minutes, the audio quality starts to get kinda scratchy, or sometimes a small sound effect doesn't begin playing until 10 seconds after it was supposed to, and then it gets drawn out over another 10 seconds playing a tiny little bit at a time.

Does anybody else have this problem?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Alfred YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D;) Thank you so much for the directions above. I have been trying to get sound since thanksgiving! And in 30 minutes I had sound out of my Vaio speakers. No to get the headphone jack / sound out to work ! For external speakers. (movies,music etc.)

Anyone that has gotten sound out to work please HELP..... Thanks :D:P;)

Sony Vaio VGN-N110G

Core solo

512 ram

DVD DL

15.4 Screen

Hey, how did you get OSX86 on your Vaio VGN-N110G? Did you use JaS, iPc, iATKOS, or iDeneb and which version?

Please help. Really want to put Mac OS on my Laptop.

• 3 months later...

hey guys in my 3000 y410 series kalyway 10.5.2 has installed fine but audio cant be heard although it shows that the .mp3 files are being played. Tried all the trick using patchers, or modifing kext looking at the dev and ven but of no avail.................

So, plz help me get over this problems soon.............waiting 4 ur rply.............s

This solution works for me, i got a Sony Vaio VGN-C140F/B with Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, so i have the realtek high definition audio sound card in windows Xp works excellent, so when i install mac os x 10.4.6HOTiSO didn't work, so i search for almost all the forum to get a solution so i found it, so this solution works for me so let's go:

2. The controller chip you will have to look up. Go into Windows' Device Manager. In Device Manager, go to "System devices". Find "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio"and get Properties. Then click the Details tab and get the vendor and device ids, you must have this (vendor id=8086, device id=27D8).

4. First, Backup the AppleHDA.kext and removed it from /System/Library/Extensions/

In Terminal, type:

Find:

6. In Terminal, type:

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Find:

7. Repair Peri�missions using the disk utility in Utilies in the Finder or typing in terminal: sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

Of course works for me, please feedback and let me know anything about the solution.

Regards Alfred

1GB Ram

1000 GB HDD

Bluetooth (works)

USB Ports (works)

TOPIC UPDATED 22/10/07

Hi guys, i made a change in the step 4, from a user made a suggestion about to mention that the kext AppleHDA.kext, need to be removed from the extensions Folder, so i did the change . If you have any question or comment please contact me.

Hi everybody, i want to share my happiness with all of you, because FINALLY I CAN MADE THE HEADPHONES WORK IT OUT, THANKS TO TARUGA'S APPLE HDA PATCHER VERSION 1.20. Simply follow these instructions and you can hear sound from the headphones and internal speakers:

NOTE: This solution works for me with my laptop mention above. I hope the same results for you.

3. Simply drag & drop the file ALC262_codec_dump.txt to the AppleHDAPatcher application.

4. The program will ask for you password, put it and wait until the programs end.

6. If everything gots fine, you can check in the icon Sound in System Preferences and you will see in the tab Output headphone built-in & speakers built-in.

7. So you got it. Remember this solution works for me i can't guarantee the same results as mines.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Alfred.

:rolleyes::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks a lot Alfred, my Auido works now. However, I can't get my Ethernet Marvel Yukon to work. I have a sony vaio just as you. Please help me.

Thank

Nick :D

• 2 weeks later...

In Terminal, type:

Find:

6. In Terminal, type:

Find:

7. Repair Peri�missions using the disk utility in Utilies in the Finder or typing in terminal: sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

Regards Alfred

1GB Ram

1000 GB HDD

Bluetooth (works)

USB Ports (works)

TOPIC UPDATED 22/10/07

Enjoy!!!!!!

Alfred.

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks a MILLION! Finally got sound working on iATKOS 1.0i after almost 3 weeks of trying to get networking and sound to work!! Networking is ok now with a simple run of ethernet cable... damn intel and their 3945!! :censored2: But the sound works great. Tried AppleHDA patches, VoodooHDA, etc... nothing else worked. It would show the device but no sound would play... Thanks again!!

:D

My System:

Dell Inspiron 1520

500 GB Western Digital Hard-drive

4GB Kingston DDR2 5300

Sigmatel STAC92xx HD Audio (shows as intel with osx86 tools 'lspci')

Internal Sigmatel HD speakers

Intel 3945abg wireless, broadcom wired(chip)

nVidia Geforce 8600m GT (both OS set to see it at 512mb)

Fedora 11 (with CompizFusion, Fusion-Icon, Avant Window Navigator, etc)

Mac OS X 10.5.1 (iATKOS v1.0i)

Grub Bootloader

if anyone is interested in some custom add-ins for Fedora Core 11, let me know... ;)

EDIT: forgot to mention... The guide worked perfectly for me, only problem was that you didn't mention to change directories before trying to chown and chmod the files... but I understood what you were getting at... Thanks again!

• 4 months later...

In Terminal, type:

Find:

6. In Terminal, type:

Find:

Regards Alfred

1GB Ram

1000 GB HDD

Bluetooth (works)

USB Ports (works)

TOPIC UPDATED 22/10/07

Enjoy!!!!!!

Alfred.

:(:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tried dump file but encountered Kernel Panic :(

• 4 weeks later...

In Terminal, type:

Find:

6. In Terminal, type:

Find:

Regards Alfred

1GB Ram

1000 GB HDD

Bluetooth (works)

USB Ports (works)

TOPIC UPDATED 22/10/07

Enjoy!!!!!!

Alfred.

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

In Terminal, type:

Find:

6. In Terminal, type:

Find:

Regards Alfred

1GB Ram

1000 GB HDD

Bluetooth (works)

USB Ports (works)

TOPIC UPDATED 22/10/07

Enjoy!!!!!!

Alfred.

:thumbsup_anim::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Does anyone have this file ? this file isn't downloading from here.