Guest bikedude880

1,033 posts in this topic

Hey All

I have a 3800+ amd processor

with a nvidia 7300GE/LE graphic card

a gig ram and all that

its basically a dell e521

i'm currently running xp on one partition and vista on another

can someone give me a step by step guide on how to isntall mac osx on my vista partitoin or xp.

I keep getting waiting for root device on the boot off dvd. how do implement this kext into the dvd etc

please help as soon as you can

thanks

P.S. It might be easier for you guys to put everything on the main page like what to do there is 28 pages its hard to go through everything

there is absolutely nothing you can do right now to install osx on that computer

except wait......

i promise

ps.- i have the same comp

i'd suggest searching the forums for

"amd x2"

plus if you've researched enough i think you'll find that the PC we bought is in fact SATA only....which means...you're going to have to natively install....or do it off an external hard drive...which i really don't know how to do

hope this helps

Hey All

I have a 3800+ amd processor

with a nvidia 7300GE/LE graphic card

a gig ram and all that

its basically a dell e521

i'm currently running xp on one partition and vista on another

can someone give me a step by step guide on how to isntall mac osx on my vista partitoin or xp.

I keep getting waiting for root device on the boot off dvd. how do implement this kext into the dvd etc

please help as soon as you can

thanks

P.S. It might be easier for you guys to put everything on the main page like what to do there is 28 pages its hard to go through everything

Just get a JaS 10.4.8 DVD, patch it as above, then install to your SATA drive, et voila! Alternatively install to a USB drive, apply the SATA patch manually (instructions previously) and use CloneTool to copy the install to your SATA drive. Don't waste time with Carbon Copy Cloner.

If you're applying the patches, they're in PPF (Playstation Patch File) format. You need the PPF-O-Matic tool. Ample info on how to do it is available on the forums or via Google.

there is absolutely nothing you can do right now to install osx on that computer

except wait......

i promise

ps.- i have the same comp

i'd suggest searching the forums for

"amd x2"

plus if you've researched enough i think you'll find that the PC we bought is in fact SATA only....which means...you're going to have to natively install....or do it off an external hard drive...which i really don't know how to do

hope this helps

You're entirely wrong, that hardware is fully compatible with a patched JaS disc.

Edited by tokyovigilante

hold up....

let me just go over this really quick

this patched JaS version you're talking about.....

you're saying it is compatible with nforce 410/430 and SATA?

in other words working on mcp51 with SATA?

Does MeDevil know of this?

I don't think you're right tokyovigilante.

Nothing would make me happier than to be wrong.

hold up....

let me just go over this really quick

this patched JaS version you're talking about.....

you're saying it is compatible with nforce 410/430 and SATA?

in other words working on mcp51 with SATA?

Does MeDevil know of this?

I don't think you're right tokyovigilante.

Nothing would make me happier than to be wrong.

No I'm not right sorry, I thought the Dells had the old NForce4s, but they have the MCP51. I apologise. Why not just pick up a PATA drive? Do those boards not have IDE sockets?

I'm using a Shuttle SN27P2 with the nforce 570 ultra chipset. I've tried to install the latest kext while normally booted and also in safe boot, I have also changed the permissions to the correct settings and ran permissions repair thru disk utility. I've even tried installing it thru single user mode and moving the kext and fixing permissions.

I've done this many times to get it to work and my results have been sort lived. After rebooting from a kext install I can see all my windows partitions on my SATA drive, and I can read from it just fine with no errors. But after I reboot an error comes up and says that the kext was improperly installed and my SATA drive is gone.

Another thing is that I have created a HFS partition on my SATA drive, so I can clone my current partition on my PATA and transfer to the SATA drive, but the HFS part won't mount and I can't erase it either.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it very much. I want to get SATA working, because I think the current kexts don't work to well for my PATA. I've ran xbench and my speeds were misserable. Copying files on the hdd is slow and dreadful.

hi! ive tried to use this driver on my nforce 550 mobo with no luck... finder freezes directly when it's done booting. enyone else got this working on nforce 550? is it incompatible with my setup or have i done something wrong?

Alright so i downloaded the Jas 10.4.8 and patched it with v1p, then diskutil, then bikedude, and finally the AppleNforceATA.

i got it installed on my SATA Drive using VMWare and it runs great from there... but when i try to boot to the SATA Drive it gives me an error:

IOATA Device Blocking Bus

is this because i used VMWare?

Enyone have any help in this issue?

System:

MSI K9N SLI

AMD X2 4800

EDIT: Sorry, you can ignore this message my nForce 570 isn't supported.....Yet.

Guest Snowski
hey guys..i have weird problem after installing..

on first boot after i install,my sata works fine..i can see all my sata drives..

but on the next time i reboot,there's a messege that say i need to reinstall applenforceata.kext..

and my sata drives gone..but after i reinstall,it appear again..

and it happens all the time,everytime i reboot,my sata gone and have to reinstall and reboot again..

edit:

problem solve just need to delet the extensions kext..

Hi m8,

I seem to get the same error as you and tried to fix it by deleting the APPLEVIAATA (system/library/extensions) and AppleOnboardPCATA (system/library/extensions/IOATAFamily - recourses - plugins) files but after a few boots I get the same deal.

Could you tell me what file you deleted to make this work?

Thx in advance :blush:

Hi to everyone... bought the parts and build this pc a week ago, just to realize (after reading almost every post about SATA and Nforce install) I cant istall the Tiger on my MSI Nforce4 mcp61 chipset MOBO with SATA HDD, :thumbsup_anim: damn!. Well thats life, maybe buyin a cheap IDE HDD will do the trick, but thats not the Spirit!!), well im eager to help and test every new patch or kext to relsolve this, i hope Medievil, Tubgirl, JAS, Semthex someday find the answer, ill be waitin here...

By the way I tested Tiger OSX 10.4.1 Intel Release (i only had to write CPUS=2 at the "boot:" prompt) and the install started with no problems with my partitioned SATA HDD with a 2nd partition od 10gb (fat32), the problem o'course was when the OSX didnt found the HDD in the "select a destination volume to install". Trying to detect the sata hdd on the Drive utility didnt work either, heres my question theres a system viewer utility that detected almost all my PC ATHLON X2 CPU, HDD SATA ETC but this worked only in OSX 10.4.1 in the JAS 10.4.8 with extras just detected an apple system with other specs.

Is there a way to detect my correct system on JAS release 10.4.8?. Im still learninig how to use the kexts, im just about to finish download the Tubgirl and JAS 10.4.7 releases to keep on tryin, but i know the solution will take a while (because of the Nforce4 mcp51/61 chipst)

Byes and thank to all for the huge work you are doing for the Hackintosh community, keep the good work, and dont get discouraged on the obstacles.

for you who want to install osx to SATA drive on nForce4 chip,here's a little step by step:

1.download installer from *edited check next page to find installer*

2.boot to your installer dvd

3.go to terminal and type this:

/Applications/Utilities/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Installer [enter]

4.browse to filepath where installer from 1st step you save

there's a readme on link above,but it's written in indonesian..

moderator from my country local forum created this installer(medevill and bike dude driver)..

these installer can be use to recognized your SATA as a secondary drive as well..

Snowski:

delete the extension.kextcache and extensions.mkext

it's on system/library

sorry for bad english..

if anyone who have tried can make a better step by step,

please post here to make it easier for everyone..

Guest Snowski

Hi Skyywalker, thx for your help but it doesnt seem to solve my issue.

I removed both extensions and then reinstalled the kext by sliding it into the extensions folder but after the second boot I get the error again.

I'm going to try to translate the error (my OS is in dutch) so you have more info on it.

"The system extension can not be used.

The system extension '/system/Library/extensions/AppleNForceATA.kext' is not correctly installed en cannot be used. Reinstall the extension or contact the company for an update"

Any ideas m8?

Thx in advance

Snowski:

there you go..AppleIIGuy answer your problem..

after deleting those kext i mention,repair permission..

or maybe you could try download links i gave above..

it's an installer,so you wont need to go into terminal and everything..

jus install the pkg and you're done..

Guest Snowski

Well, it worked again at the first restart but after the second I got the same error.

I removed both extensions and then repaired permissions. Maybe I should give you more info on what I'm trying to do here.

I have OSX installed on my PATA drive and Dual boot Win XP on my SATA drive. I'm using macdrive on Win now to transfer files between both OS but it would be alot easier if I could just browse the SATA with OSX. So I just want to browse the SATA (XP) with my OSX (PATA)

For now! cause if this works I will move my backup to the SATA drive and run OSX from there.

Do I have to do something else besides moving the Kext into the extensions folder, deleting both extensions and then repairing permissions?

Thx in advance

ps. that provided link doesnt hold any file m8

Can someone please walk me through on how to get my SATA drives detected and working

This thread is way too messy and hard to track/follow instructions, with so many replies.

Here is my pc spec. I installed using (Jas 10.4.8 AMD INTEL Defiant patch) latest?

Machine Name: Apple Development Platform

Machine Model: ADP2,1

Processor Name: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

Processor Speed: 2.01 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3

Memory: 16 GB

Bus Speed: 400 MHz

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0140

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:

Display:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.8 (8L2127)

Kernel Version: Darwin 8.8.1

*note something is funny about my Memory 16GB? i only have 2GB.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Snowski

Ah finaly!

I have never read the whole thread but I noticed someone mentioning page 8 for instructions so I tried that and it worked. I only had to adjust the name of the kext.

So for those with the same error as me try this:

- Copy the AppleNForceATA.kext to the extension folder (/System/Library/Extensions) providing your password if needed

- Goto terminal and type: sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleNForceATA.kext

- Delete the extensions.kextcache and extensions.mkext that are located in the extensions folder (/System/Library/Extensions)

- Reboot and you should be good to go

Good luck!

- Copy the AppleNForceATA.kext to the extension folder (/System/Library/Extensions) providing your password if needed

- Goto terminal and type: sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleNForceATA.kext

Umm I had problems when I tried that. you really need to copy it here:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns

then: sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleNForceATA.kext

It wasn't bootable from my sata drive when it was in /System/Library/Extensions/

Guest Snowski
Umm I had problems when I tried that. you really need to copy it here:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns

then: sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleNForceATA.kext

It wasn't bootable from my sata drive when it was in /System/Library/Extensions/

Alright bro, I'll try that when moving the OS to my SATA drive, thx for the info :)

Now I have one last issue left and that is the restart. Restart from windows works but in osx it restarts and halts on boot, before bios and displays a black screen, any ideas lads?

And now I just want to take a moment and thank all who made it possible for us to try out osx on our windows computers. The only time I go back to windows is when I want to play a game. If I have to use one word for this os: Reliable!

RESPECT!