[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

I hate you all!!! I know u make me a macumba...yes i know It. And then, powerd attack my hack!!!! I kill you allllllll .... ( 🤣 )

• Haha 2

Juat read something mysterious. I am reading someone reporting that they got their AppleTV app DRM working likely on their iGPU or best case that it auto switched to their dGPU on Ventura when it wasn't working on Monterey. Can you guys validate?

16 minutes ago, Hervé said:

The old fart needs to keep an eye on ITLWM development... The devs' last published stable versions for High Sierra/Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey on Jan 1st and, afaik, they certainly aren't swappable as far as Big Sur and Monterey are concerned. As such, your conclusions should be as good as ours as far as support for Ventura is concerned. You have to wait until a stable version is published for Ventura. Alpha copies of v2.2.0 were published yesterday and include preliminary support for Ventura:

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases

itlwm_v2.2.0_alpha.jpg

Meantime, squeeze your cheeks and don't let one out, especially if silent!

Using ITLWM and that is what is causing the system to freeze reboot

Using The Monterey version for V4

Edited by STLVNUB

6 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Schedule options

This option is available in Lock Screen

No, I mean schedule to plan start, sleep... at a certain time, I can't find this feature in System Preferences >> Lock Screen, neither in Energy Saver.

However, Ventura Help says about Schedule:

"On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Energy Saver, and then click Schedule."

In previous macOS:

schedule.png.cd56cb59034242455c45be2fd7dcb1fa.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, miliuco said:

No, I mean schedule to plan start, sleep... at a certain time, I can't find this feature in System Preferences >> Lock Screen, neither in Energy Saver.

However, Ventura Help says about Schedule:

"On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Energy Saver, and then click Schedule."

In previous macOS:

schedule.png.cd56cb59034242455c45be2fd7dcb1fa.png

Ha ok understand i was thinking about the screen saver option

@D3v1L

forget my previous message

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, chris1111 said:

Ha ok understand 

@D3v1L

forget my previous message

image.thumb.png.543d56d58581302d58fc61c2922eb438.png

ok this is only screensaver and screen schedule options 🙂 but we need to know where is the pmset gui shortcut menu now 😉 this is the problem LoL

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

ok this is only screensaver and screen schedule options 🙂 but we need to know where is the pmset gui shortcut menu now 😉 this is the problem LoL

SMBIOS iMac19,2 it show but not really great options No Schedule options

Not swowing from my Laptop SMBIOS MacBook Pro 15.2

1480550467_Screenshot2022-07-30at8_10_45AM.png.2a3621d3d1b4f77ee22034efcc16cc7c.png

Edited by chris1111
No Schedule options
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Macumba or Exorcist

image.thumb.png.be4f6c902f2986df02a00d49a40a3125.png

edit:

now I wanna try with this...

first:

sudo pmset schedule cancelall

next:

sudo pmset repeat wakeorpoweron MTWRFSU 01:59:00 sleep MTWRFSU 02:00:00

maybe adding (after deleting all) a scheduled wake/sleep, in this case, make my cpu and cpu fan happy xD LoL ...

Edited by D3v1L
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

Have SkyLake based devices been fixed to install and boot Ventura?

Since when there were issues? I ask because i have installed up to dp 3 and didn't have much issues doin so. 

12 hours ago, aben said:

Yup, you are correct: as long as the CPU attaches to x8PP, then you have native power management (XCPM) on macOS, whether it's Ivy Bridge or not. With regards to Ivy Bridge, what you shared earlier is indeed correct/normal behavior and NOT a false positive since SSDT-PLUG/plugin-type =1 has no relation to Ivy-Bridge CPUs (except for Ivy Bridge-E found in "trash can" MacPro5,1 which is supported in Monterey, BTW). The key factor here is: CPU power management data, as long as these values are available to macOS either natively (ACPI tables) or injected manually (ssdtPRGen/CPUFriend), XCPM will operate correctly. Feel free to perform any relevant tests to check for any discrepancies with the CPU's native performance factors: idle states, max/turbo frequencies, benchmarks etc. In my experience, Ivy Bridge always performs better with XCPM.

Agree. My notebook Dell with IvyBridge works fine with XCPM. Tuned during months and tested 5th years.

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

But the KBL spoofing solved it, didn't it?

It requires additional efforts while just desktop requires nothing.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Extreme™ said:

Nothing to do unfortunately. This morning i turned on the pc again, used fortunately to do some work for more than an hour and the problem reappeared: again CPU under stress in idle and high temperatures.

3 hours ago, D3v1L said:

Macumba or Exorcist

image.thumb.png.be4f6c902f2986df02a00d49a40a3125.png

edit:

now I wanna try with this...

first:

sudo pmset schedule cancelall

next:

sudo pmset repeat wakeorpoweron MTWRFSU 01:59:00 sleep MTWRFSU 02:00:00

maybe adding (after deleting all) a scheduled wake/sleep, in this case, make my cpu and cpu fan happy xD LoL ...

Well, my hack has been cured... the problem has not returned 

86740607_Capturadepantalla2022-07-30alas22_11_45.thumb.png.97c9f21f6bc466e38ccc59b042622b1c.png

magical-magic.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Slice said:

This screen doesn't show real reason of panic.

Provide please Clover's preboot.log and config.plist. I will look for potencial problems.

Anyway if this config works in Monterey then the only visible problem with Ventura is updating Clover.

CLOVERX64.efi.zip 741.21 kB · 4 downloads

@Slice Thanks for you help!!! But I'm getting the same problem with this CloverX64. All my Kexts are up to date. I'm sending my config.plist and boot log, thank you!!!

log.rtf config.plist

• Like 1

WTF!!! 😆

It's impossible, they come back a while after coming out of sleep..

I've been looking and this is the file:

HD > Library > Preferences > SystemConfiguration > com.apple.AutoWake.plist

937940990_Capturadepantalla2022-07-30alas23_16_33.thumb.png.e90b9d59ee115ed66f31a883e4d287d8.png

I have deleted the file and as long as it does not go to sleep it does not create it again, but it is to put it to sleep and wake it up and it already has the same configuration😅

I have also tried to edit the file changing the dates to 2030... but when leaving sleep it creates other new entries automatically with the initial date

I'm going crazy 🤪

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

I'm going crazy 🤪

Bro - OS X Betas tends to be like that so don't sweat it man, lets see what the next Beta brings, hopefully these bugs will be ironed out, so meanwhile just take it easy and Lean Back. :)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Bro - OS X Betas tends to be like that so don't sweat it man, lets see what the next Beta brings, hopefully these bugs will be ironed out, so meanwhile just take it easy and Lean Back. :)

It's also very funny :w00t:

I have done another test... clean the events:

723816650_Capturadepantalla2022-07-31alas0_00_29.thumb.png.a1cb8434dfafb9efa5d426b3bbc317a6.png

And change the permissions to the file as read only, but when I leave sleep I have the file again as it was at the beginning... beta 4 of ventura is magical😆

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 2

@PoMpIs

com.apple.AutoWake.plist has nothing to do with the issues we are comenting:

- Schedule panel missing (Energy Saver)

- powerd (sometimes another process) getting high cpu usage, temporary fixed by the command you posted (sudo pmset schedule cancellall) but coming back after some time.

Sleep / wake issues can be added as well since, sometimes, probably they are related to the powerd / Schedule issue.

com.apple.AutoWake.plist contains scheduled events and it matches sudo pmset -g sched command and System Info >> Power >> Scheduled activation events (writing from memory). If you edit it, macOS gets it again when a new scheduled activation event is created.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2022 at 12:23 PM, HmO said:

Maybe it's a public beta 2?

p.s. Apple released macOS 13.0 Ventura Public Beta 2

I have always been on developer updates.

I let the update happen and it all looks correct.

Spoiler

1193775929_Screenshot2022-07-31at9_03_58am.png.2a4389bfd36d3252302ee7796bf3a604.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@PoMpIs

com.apple.AutoWake.plist has nothing to do with the issues we are comenting:

- Schedule panel missing (Energy Saver)

- powerd (sometimes another process) getting high cpu usage, temporary fixed by the command you posted (sudo pmset schedule cancellall) but coming back after some time.

Sleep / wake issues can be added as well since, sometimes, probably they are related to the powerd / Schedule issue.

com.apple.AutoWake.plist contains scheduled events and it matches sudo pmset -g sched command and System Info >> Power >> Scheduled activation events (writing from memory). If you edit it, macOS gets it again when a new scheduled activation event is created.

It has something to do with it, because when I delete it, if I don't put the computer to sleep, it doesn't regenerate, and therefore I don't have the problem again.

If I put it to sleep, when I wake it up the file is regenerated, but on my computer I don't get high CPU usage caused by "powerd" again until it goes back to sleep automatically and wakes up only a few hours later, And that's when the high CPU usage shows up.

I suppose that if you create a script in automator that deletes that file every time it wakes up from sleep, it would work normally... Or execute every time it wakes up from sleep "sudo pmset schedule cancelall" 🤷‍♂️

Something will have to be done, that beta 5 will take a few days, and I only have ventura installed on the computer 😀

• Like 1

Hi to everyone who update to Ventura, I already has Ventura in my 2 Hackintoshes One 10 generation I5 10400F with Gigabyte B560M-H working everything OOB with a Dongle Bluetooth and AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB with full acceleration.

Another Laptop (Skylake) Acer Aspire ES1-572 i5 6200u with Intel HD Graphics 520 with a patch in Opencore 0.8.3 to get acceleration and now runs as metal 3. Appers in system as Intel HD Graphics 620 (spoofed in OpenCore as 1659000 (HD 620) Kabylake). Working everything including SD Card Reader, Bluetooth and WiFi with an BCM94360CD OOB. Running Ventura Beta 4 smooth and perfect (SSD 240GB) Kingston.

Now here the issue...

I had an MacBook Pro Retina Early 2015, who is unsupported to Ventura 13 (Broadwell). I made an Ventura Pen Drive with OpenCore Legacy Support (OpenCore 0.8.3) and changed the SMBIOS of my MacbookPro12,1 to MacbookPro15,2 (2018), install was perfect, everything working but without acceleration support (Intel Iris Graphics 6100 (Broadwell).

I already done everything spoofed 162B0000 to every Skylake and Kabylake IGPU's and nothing works. Than I had an idea of use my AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext from Monterey 12.5 and the rest of kexts like Framebuffer and bundle's, set csr-active-config to 02080000 (Root disabled) and use command line snapshot Mounter V2 to install these kext's in /S/L/E of Ventura 13 Beta 3. Works with my Intel Iris Graphics, get acceleration but System hangs and never start's keep looping in boot. Then I changed the info.plist of AppleIntelKBLGraphics.kext and add 0x162B8086 (Intel Iris Graphics 6100). The System not load the kext at all (Both files AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFrameBuffer.kext too. There is anyone who get's acceleration with this IGPU?

Link to Monterey 12.5 AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext and FrameBuffer + Bundles

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UrMJzn7PhmYRR-nONu1DdiWCj5y0oowk/view?usp=sharing

I'm losing my fate in get this working.

Pictures of my About This Mac and System Info (Graphics and Monitor).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10jedLfkrsv8t-fkQ4juhxqYafNIlC2yM/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iH6dFA2-tm0rMdsCtnmwwecy5fIvRYvX/view?usp=sharing

More information about kext's policies in Ventura and Metal Support.

https://github.com/khronokernel/khronokernel.github.io/blob/legacy-metal/_posts/2022-08-01-2022-LEGACY-METAL.md

This Article says that Skylake Metal support is not working, but you can do a Spoof in Intel HD Graphics as an Kabylake device to work this out. My Acer is an Skylake and works everything except for the Intel HD Graphics 520 that.i spoofed to Intel HD Graphics 620 (Kabylake) device-id (16590000) in OpenCore 0.8.3 from OpenCore Legacy Patcher 0.4.9. Now my Skylake iGPU is fully accelerated and show as Metal 3 device (Intel HD Graphics 620).

If anyone has a solution for this, please share.

Ventura 13 beta 4.

config.plist

Edited by Slice
use standard font size
  • Like 1