Do you belive in Jesus

haydio

DO you belive in Jesus  

178 members have voted

1. 1. so?

• Yes
    • No

197 posts in this topic

I believe in Jesus. but I still stick to scientology though.

I'm not quite sure how science or archaelogy "prove" Jesus was a real person... Josephus, who was a contemporary, wrote about it, but aside from that and the bible, there's no real evidence. Josephus had no reason to lie however, so is credible.

I think the poll is asking if one believes in jesus as "the Saviour". In which case I would have to say no...reason being, that I have my own moral compass that works perfectly fine, and I dont need some 2000 year old dead guys friends (paul, luke, john, etc.) telling me how to live my life, sorry its just ludicrous.

I do believe that there was a jesus like there was a Siddhartha Gautama (i forgot how to spell it, in other words, Buddha), but i do not believe that there is a God that control us, determines if we die or live, what we look like, etc.

Edited by ResXhacker

I don't believe in him, no, because that {censored} stiffed me on a lunch tab in Pahrump a few years ago.

If you mean the pseudo-historical figure known as "Jesus, the Christ" the answer is still the same: No.

"Science and archeology proved his existence..."

That's a new one on me. Is that something they teach in "Brother Bob's Night School for Sinners" ?

bb

I don't believe in him, no, because that {censored} stiffed me on a lunch tab in Pahrump a few years ago.

If you mean the pseudo-historical figure known as "Jesus, the Christ" the answer is still the same: No.

"Science and archeology proved his existence..."

That's a new one on me. Is that something they teach in "Brother Bob's Night School for Sinners" ?

bb

I think what he meant was that there is historical evidence to back the existance of a Jesus of Nazareth. Even most critical historians admit that there most likely was a Jesus of Nazareth who was a prophet during the appropriate time period. In other words, as a historical figure, there is a relatively high probablity that he did indeed exist. Whether you believe that he is a savior to all of mankind is of personal preference. I do believe he was, but again, that's up to you.

I think what he meant was that there is historical evidence to back the existance of a Jesus of Nazareth. Even most critical historians admit that there most likely was a Jesus of Nazareth who was a prophet during the appropriate time period. In other words, as a historical figure, there is a relatively high probablity that he did indeed exist. Whether you believe that he is a savior to all of mankind is of personal preference. I do believe he was, but again, that's up to you.

While I'm inclined to believe he probably did exist as a historic figure, I do have to disagree that we have clear evidence to say he did. There is very little, if any, direct evidence of Jesus' existence. All of the textual evidence often quoted by apologists dates from well after the life of Jesus, while historians who would have been his contemporaries all wrote nothing about him. The evidence we have is hearsay at best.

I believe he existed.

Who was he?

That is more difficult.

According to Hinduism, from time to time Avatars come to Earth. They are projections of God (or: of a god).

How is this different from the Christian belief? According to Christians the Christ was the only Son of God. According to Hindus he was one among many.

According to Buddhism, the Christ (notice that I don't call Him Jesus) was/is the Lord Maitreya.

If you feel like reading about the Lord Maitreya, here are a few links:

http://www.geocities.com/ascendedmaster/Maitreya.html

http://www.ascension-research.org/maitreya.html

http://www.maitreya-edu.org/

I don't expect you to believe in any of the above, I am only suggesting something different than what we hear in the Western world most of the time.