Do you belive in Jesus

haydio

DO you belive in Jesus  

178 members have voted

1. 1. so?

• Yes
    • No

197 posts in this topic

so we obey the ten commandments and believe in what the bible says and we will go to heaven...

why would this be? it's not even logical. if that's the true meaning of life, we are going to have one hell of an afterlife.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like with all the evidence in the world today, you have to be a much more ignorant person to be christian (than would have been acceptable in the past). Reason being is that scientific evidence directly contradicts the bible, and historical evidence...I dunno, it just seems like most of the people who I've met who are strong christians know very little of science, and know very little of history, just the way Christianity likes it...

If one learns more about the past of this world, through written documents and records, and one looks at proven scientific theories, it makes it almost impossible to be a a Christian...

• 2 weeks later...

@gwprod

come on..of course we will claim that..here is the fact.for more than 1400 years no one can prove any contradictions or whatsoever in quran and islam itself..

also in quran there is a challenge from ALLAH to unbelievers to make one surah(chapter) that is comparable to quran without contradiction or any problem if you doubt its genuity as a divine revelation from ALLAH..

yeah, really not a yes or no sorta question, like alot of people have said, i believe he was a good man with great ideas, a man who had a beard and sandals.. other than that i dont think he is anything anymore or he woulda come and said hi.. who is god anyway? i know what a 'god' is, but the christians use 'god' as the universal saying for their 'god' .. does this god have a name?

religion confuses me, macs make so much more sence.

my dad can beat up your dad... come on, this discussion is taking a turn towards...well real life. There is no one perfect religion. In fragments they each have things they can share to benefit us all but not a single one of them is perfect. Religious fanatacism and blind devotion without logical thought is the real issue not what religion you are. The presense of contradictions in any religious text depends first on the interpretation of that written text. If the interpretation is biased so is every statement based on it. What was written 1500 years ago may also have a different context in the present day. The context from 1500 years ago at the same time can only be inferred rather than known as fact. In my opinion, and I know opinion's are like {censored}s (everyone has one) but, all religions should be treated as ROUGH GUIDELINES for how to live a good, productive life. I think everyone can agree no text says you should be a prick and treat others like {censored} but I see plenty of 'religious' people doing that.

EVERYONE!!! READ THIS!!

No one cares about your opinions on this matter. Nobody! The only reason to say anything is to pick a fight with someone else. So why bother? No need starting fights and arguements. Go outside for God's sake (Irony intended).

Or, if you cant stand the sun (as i feel several of you can't), go help some of the poor floundering users in the osx86 installation section.

Lets not fight about things that wont lead anywhere.

The existence of Jesus and the bible has been proved several times, it's just wether you believe he is fully God/fully man and the only way to heaven.

Me personally: I believe and follow.

FYI: the only way to prove Jesus is Lord is through Faith in Him, He proves himself true on a regular basis to me and all other followers I know that believe he is the only way to heaven and have accepted his forgiveness and salvation.

my dad can beat up your dad... come on, this discussion is taking a turn towards...well real life. There is no one perfect religion. In fragments they each have things they can share to benefit us all but not a single one of them is perfect. Religious fanatacism and blind devotion without logical thought is the real issue not what religion you are. The presense of contradictions in any religious text depends first on the interpretation of that written text. If the interpretation is biased so is every statement based on it. What was written 1500 years ago may also have a different context in the present day. The context from 1500 years ago at the same time can only be inferred rather than known as fact. In my opinion, and I know opinion's are like {censored}s (everyone has one) but, all religions should be treated as ROUGH GUIDELINES for how to live a good, productive life. I think everyone can agree no text says you should be a prick and treat others like {censored} but I see plenty of 'religious' people doing that.

FYI:

Here's a little link about how the bible is preserved and the method they use for accuracy (not biased don't worry) http://www.irr.org/Bible-Reliable.html

The bible obviously exists... I own several copies... that doesnt mean it's not fiction.

It is probably not fiction. More how human beings of 2 or 3 thousand years ago saw reality.

On top of that the Christians of the first centuries picked and chose what they liked, while dismissing what they didn't. This should never be forgotten.

it shouldn't be forgotten but is regularly by all religions. Anything and everything ever scribed by man should be taken with a grain of salt. (how do you think the accounts of pearl harbor differ between the japanese and americans?) Although it may contain some truth, be sure it's the truth the author wanted you to read.

In my opinion, and I know opinion's are like {censored}s (everyone has one) but, all religions should be treated as ROUGH GUIDELINES for how to live a good, productive life. I think everyone can agree no text says you should be a prick and treat others like {censored} but I see plenty of 'religious' people doing that.

My opinion goes even further. We don't need religions *if* we want to look for God. We don't need any mediator.

The only place where we *could* find God is within ourselves.

Cut the middleman :)