Do you belive in Jesus

haydio

DO you belive in Jesus  

178 members have voted

1. 1. so?

• Yes
    • No

197 posts in this topic

My opinion goes even further. We don't need religions *if* we want to look for God. We don't need any mediator.

The only place where we *could* find God is within ourselves.

Cut the middleman :)

Naaa.

That's just wishful thinking. If god does exist and sent down messengers with scribes so that you follow his commands, do you think he's be happy knowing that you instead decided to worship him in what ever way you saw best? In my opinion no. It's certainly a nice idea and definitely an easy on to choose as you still feel good but it ruins the point.

If there is a God, he didn't create us to go walkies without any guide as to where we should walk to.

If god does exist and sent down messengers with scribes so that you follow his commands, do you think he's be happy knowing that you instead decided to worship him in what ever way you saw best?

That if you believe that God is somewhere out there. But If you can accept that God is inside you, then why not?

But If you can accept that God is inside you, then why not?

What on earth does that mean? God is inside me.

I'm sorry to say but people who say that really don't have a clue as to what they are talking about. They are simple in a state of limbo as to whether they believe in god or not and so say "God is inside me".

Alessandro17, I'm not trying to have a go. I'm just talking about the term in general. Hear it way too often as if it has a serious meaning. It doesn't.

I'm sorry to say but people who say that really don't have a clue as to what they are talking about. They are simple in a state of limbo as to whether they believe in god or not and so say "God is inside me".

I should have some clue, as I devoted more than 15 years of my life to the subject, I read thousand of pages of books and I went much further than that (I won't go in to details because it concerns my personal life and nobody else)

Tat Tvam Asi, have you ever heard that?

For a *first* look of what I mean:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tat_Tvam_Asi

Further clarification: I am for the advaita interpretation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tat_tvam_asi:..._interpretation

More:

http://home.btclick.com/scimah/tattvamasi.htm

There are many large and powerful religions that either 1) dont believe in a specific god, or 2) believe that deity is in everyone.

Buddhism is one, Satanism is another.

Many people in the world believe in human actualization, including most atheists and buddhists, which account for at least a quarter of the world's population. Believing in that doesnt make them stupid or ignorant or faithless, any more than believing in YHVH (Jehova/Yahweh/Allah) or Vishnu does.

Edited by gwprod12

Christianity and all religions suck. I'm tired of arguing this. If you follow it, you are ignorant and are just being brainwashed by all of the other god damn freaks.

You my troubled friend need the love of Isa in your life. :P

There are many large and powerful religions that either 1) dont believe in a specific god, or 2) believe that deity is in everyone.

Buddhism is one, Satanism is another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tat_tvam_asi:..._interpretation

'That thou art'. In other words that Brahman which is the common Reality behind everything in the cosmos is the same as the essential Divinity, namely the Atman, within you.

This has nothing to do with not believing in God. On the contrary, it is believing (and awareness) at the highest level.

I believe in Jesus

I believe he had a large following

I believe he was persecuted for his beliefs

I believe he died on the cross for our sins

I believe he was probably full of {censored} though, and that last bit probably didn't do much but hurt a lot

I believe Sazpaimon is absolutely right, the existence, following, persecution, and death of Jesus is proven by history and scripture (even the jews believe jesus existed, rather they don't believe he was the messiah).

BUT it's a question of whether you believe he was full of {censored} as Sazpaimon says or if He was the Son of God!

I believe He was the Son of God without a doubt, and his existence has been proven regularly through the relationship that I have with Him. I have personally seen overwhelming evidence of His existence, but it takes faith in Him.

Here's how I did it:

I recognized that I was sinful, and that not only did my sin hurt God (yes I said hurt God) but it would lead me to an eternity away from Him.

Those were two things I didn't want

So I confessed my shortcomings with a whole heart, excepted God's forgiveness, and accepted His Salvation.

You see when you see God for who he really is then things make a lot more sense, he's not out to strike you on the head with lightning or send you to hell. He doesn't want that, he wants a companionship from us expressed through a loving relationship with Him.

As mentioned above, I don't consider myself brainwashed, I am an individual who weighs the odds in an unbiased way. I'm not religious because religion is something man created for his achievement, I live in a daily relationship with the Lord and meet with others to exersize community, service, and fellowship etc

:)

I believe in Ralph.

Ralph is my imaginary friend. He wears a bunny suit.

I have absolute proof that he exists. That proof is that I see him.

He tells me to do naughty things. Sometimes I do them.

In fact, usually I do them.

Ralph is God.

You should believe in him too.

If I can see him, so can you.

His existence is therefore proven.

I believe in Ralph.

Ralph is my imaginary friend. He wears a bunny suit.

I have absolute proof that he exists. That proof is that I see him.

He tells me to do naughty things. Sometimes I do them.

In fact, usually I do them.

Ralph is God.

You should believe in him too.

If I can see him, so can you.

His existence is therefore proven.

Could Ralph be Satan maybe?? :hysterical:

Something to clarify, I know Jesus and his existance is proven to me through my faith in Him as being God and the only way to heaven. If you want to give me a testimony of why, I will.

But history and evidence (just like a court uses) proves his existance, just like history and evidance proves platos existance etc. except that there is way more evidence of Jesus. but now comes again to the question: Do you believe he was lord and saviour or just a person that existed?

Do the homework, the events of the bible become more and more proven as archiology advances but it's wether you want to believe those events to be of God or not! Is the bible a history book or the world of God?

Someone's telling you little lies =]

Aside from the bible and associated narratives, there are only three historical references to Jesus. Three. And only one of them (Josephus' Antiquities) is contemporary.

There are thousands of historical references to Plato for instance, including works written by him.

I should be baffled to locate an archeological reference that proves anything non-mundane from the bible. For instance: There is no archeological evidence of Noah's Ark, or of a passage through the Red Sea. Please give archeological evidence of a biblical event?

I believe in him and though I am not perfect and I dont do everything right.

Jesus is My Saviour and Lord. I am not trying to tell anyone sell there wrong or right. You ask a question and I gave you my answer

Dice :hysterical:

Go to this Wyatt Archaeological Research site and look at the links on the left,

this is just a few archaeological accounts of biblical events.

http://www.wyattmuseum.com/red-sea-crossing-05.htm

Especially notice about the red sea crossing, how there still exists a land bridge connecting the two sides of the sea, chariot wheels along that path, human remains along that path etc.

You can also look at the archaeological accounts of noahs ark. Remember these aren't made up excursions, these are real archaeologists who are going through the same processes as others.

in a biography, it's the repeating of the events that make something believed to be true.

The New testament alone has over 5,686 manuscripts to support it(which surpasses any other history of it's time), the manuscripts have 99.5% agreement

Plato: 7 Manuscripts

Homer (Iliad): 643 manuscripts with 95% accuracy

See here: http://www.carm.org/evidence/textualevidence.htm

There is plenty of non christian literature that speak of old testament accounts and jesus' accounts.

taken from here http://www.everystudent.com/za/features/bible.html

It just cracks me up that people question the bible's accuracy so much but it's more accurate than any other ancient writing that exists!

I'm not here to call you wrong or point my finger, I'm here to show that's the bible is not a fictional writing, that the people, events etc it talks about weren't just made up rather written throughout thousands of years by over 40 different authors.

So I say, evidence proves the bibles existence but it's if you believe it's the word of God or not!

Edit: and why should the bible not be a written account of jesus' existance? The new testament was written by the people who lived with Him!

Edited by kevinosx

Not to split hairs or anything, but perhaps you might use research obtained by someone with a little credibility? I'm sure if there were real evidence, and not just made up nonsense, someone other than a Christian Fundamentalist with a degree in english literature would have written a paper about it. I would be satisfied with evidence put forth by a non-religious institution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Wyatt: Ronald Eldon Wyatt (1933 - August 4, 1999) was a controversial self-styled archaeologist (he had no training in the discipline and held no professional position) who claimed to have found many significant Biblical sites and artifacts. His claims are dismissed by the scientific and historical communities.

An archaeologist with no training in archaeology isnt credible.

That's just the first one.

Carm.org: Christian Apologetics (hint hint) & Research Ministry.

While it's true that just because someone is a christian doesnt necessarily mean that they're a liar, putting forth a statement such as "all copies of the new testament agree in 99.5% of content" is blatantly false. The dead sea scrolls for instance have major differences to the new testament (and old) in even the few portions that have been sucessfully restored. Almost anyone trained in the discipline would tell you that the manuscripts in existence disagree to a much larger degree than half a percentage point. So, basicly, carm.org is lying.

Also, the original statement was that there are only three extra-biblical resources for contemporary knowledge about Jesus. There are thousands in reference to Plato.

everystudent is almost entirely nonsensical, and cannot be picked apart at this time.

On the question of The Bible vs say... The Illiad. There is some evidence that Troy existed. What evidence is there that The Garden of Eden existed? Or Noah's ark?

The Illiad is recounted by Homer (many years after the fact), who, while probably believing the story, cannot prove that the trojan war happened the way he says. And almost no one asserts that the Illiad is non-fiction.

Just because the authors of the books of the bibles believed what they were putting to paper, doesnt mean that it's fact. So, please stop asserting that it is. Find yourself a credible archaeologist, or become one yourself, and go find historical evidence. Stop trying to manufacture it from whole cloth.

Edited by gwprod12

All I'm saying is that it isn't fair to believe writing is false just because it is religious. Plenty of documentation is put into history books just because it was written down. But because the Bible is religious, it is left out.

Other writings have been assumed to be fact even with no hard evidence, but just because there isn't a library of evidence for the bible doesn't mean its stories never happened.

And about the "only 3" references to Jesus. They have to be reliable enough to make most scientists believe that he existed. Every single person I know does not doubt his existence, but some doubt his holiness.