186 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Austere.J said:

The latest commits should have solved these issues.

You can find compiled kexts under the Artifacts in each action (e.g., https://github.com/0xFireWolf/RealtekCardReader/actions/runs/1152407458).

For those who have USB-based card readers, your card should be able to show up on the desktop now and you can see the files on the card.

However, file transfers are problematic (extremely slow) due to pipe stalls and timed out commands after a DMA transfer.

I tried the newer variant - 04c5dbf (debug version), there are some minor and major issues.

Minor issues:

1. The mac couldn't differentiate between microsd card (attached via sdcard reader) and a sdcard (icon wise, as other kext like sinetex-rtsx including native apple supported readers can differentiate it - I know this is a silly issue but it is an issue)

2. Unlike native apple supported card readers, this kext couldn't report sdcard details to system information, as a result it is not showing card details under usb2.0-crw and in card reader section in system information

Major issues:

1. This kext doesn't eject the card, if I click eject it shows either "failed to unmount" error (same error while trying to format too) or the whole system or just finder gets hanged (gets stuck).

2. If I force eject the card or remove without ejecting/unmounting, then if I insert the card again (while the system is running only condition, after boot) my system couldn't detect the card reader, i.e., the card reader kext works card reader inserted before boot as well as first time hotplug after boot, but not multiple hotplugs (with/without ejecting - like 851ede2 variant kext (it has other various issues as I posted in my earlier posts 😅)). One more thing, if I remove without ejecting/unmounting, then the card doesn't disappear from the system, I can still open the folder of sdcard after removing (but not access the files in it tho)

3. This kext now works good with both uhs and non-uhs but only working with mbr partition table, not gpt/guid partition table. Please check that. I tried various types of guid cards but none of them could read/open my card and gives error as filesystem couldn't be recognized. But I'm sure mac knew guid partition table and those guid cards are opening with some external usb card reader (I mean the "external" one available in the market, I think you understood what I am telling).

All related log files, screenshots, ioreg are attached below.

Please don't think me wrong that I am telling these many issues after the long developments, I know this kext is still in beta mode and I thought it's better to report these problems, you are doing great sir @Austere.J and I know these problems will be fixed soon. Thanks.

rtsx-04c5dbf.7z

I tested your kext on my T440, unfortunately the card reader doesn't work. It is showing up in System Manager, but it doesn't recognize the card inserted.

Attaching logs/ioreg, produced right after the card is inserted.

In the log, I see a bunch of error messages like these:

[...]
[   97.200542]: RTSX: IOReturn RealtekCardReaderController::endCommandTransfer(UInt32, UInt32) Error: Failed to transfer host commands. Error = 0xe00002d6.
[   97.205570]: RTSX: virtual void RealtekPCICardReaderController::clearCardError() Soft Assertion Failed: Failed to clear the card error.
[   97.205626]: RTSX: IOReturn RealtekSDXCSlot::runSDCommand(RealtekSDCommand &, UInt32) Error: Failed to terminate the command transfer session. Error = 0xe00002d6.
[   97.311091]: RTSX: virtual IOReturn RealtekPCICardReaderController::writeChipRegister(UInt16, UInt8, UInt8) Error: Timed out when writing 0x44 with mask 0x44 to the chip register at 0xfd54.
[   97.311099]: RTSX: virtual void RealtekPCICardReaderController::clearCardError() Soft Assertion Failed: Failed to clear the card error.
[...]

seems like all end up failing with 0xe00002d6.

The card reader is an RTS5227 PCI Express Card Reader

Spoiler

1729079718_Kpernyfot2021-08-23-15_25_57.thumb.png.a8f59e3fcc30a3c6b436dbd16b9a2703.png

Tested different cards, same.

latest DEBUG kext (v0.9.5), OS: macOS Monterey Beta 5, Clover v5138

logs.zip

Okay tried the latest with the latest commits, but the card still isn't recognized, same kind of errors as mentioned above, all end up with error code 0xe00002d6

rtsx_0.9.6_04c5dbf_T440.log

EDIT: I restarted the system, and now the card appeared in Disk Utility, but with Unknown FS and table, can't format, can't mount. After removing the card it is still showing up in Disk Utility, any other card inserted after that isn't recognized. 

Edited by kushwavez

3 hours ago, kushwavez said:

EDIT: I restarted the system, and now the card appeared in Disk Utility, but with Unknown FS and table, can't format, can't mount. After removing the card it is still showing up in Disk Utility, any other card inserted after that isn't recognized. 

Yah, it is one of the issue I posted in my lengthy previous post in this page. Is your sd card formatted in guid/gpt partition table or mbr partition table?

Edited by gnpaone

On 8/23/2021 at 7:09 AM, kushwavez said:

Okay tried the latest with the latest commits, but the card still isn't recognized, same kind of errors as mentioned above, all end up with error code 0xe00002d6

rtsx_0.9.6_04c5dbf_T440.log 69.91 kB · 2 downloads

Your kernel log is incomplete. Refer to the FAQs.

On 8/20/2021 at 10:31 PM, gnpaone said:

1. The mac couldn't differentiate between microsd card (attached via sdcard reader) and a sdcard (icon wise, as other kext like sinetex-rtsx including native apple supported readers can differentiate it - I know this is a silly issue but it is an issue)

As far as I know, neither Sinetex-rtsx nor AppleSDXC has this feature.

From the perspective of the driver, both full-size and micro-size cards are "SD cards".

And as a matter of fact, Apple does not provide the icon for micro-SD cards (at least under macOS Big Sur).

2. Unlike native apple supported card readers, this kext couldn't report sdcard details to system information, as a result it is not showing card details under usb2.0-crw and in card reader section in system information

This feature is not implemented for USB-based card readers yet.

1. This kext doesn't eject the card, if I click eject it shows either "failed to unmount" error

3. This kext now works good with both uhs and non-uhs but only working with mbr partition table, not gpt/guid partition table.

These issues are related to timed out DMA transfers, and the latest version should fix them.

the card reader kext works card reader inserted before boot as well as first time hotplug after boot, but not multiple hotplugs

There is a polling thread that monitors card events every 500ms but was temporarily disabled to debug the DMA issue.

The latest version have turned it on but you can disable it by the boot argument `-rtsxsppp`.

Please don't think me wrong that I am telling these many issues after the long developments, I know this kext is still in beta mode and I thought it's better to report these problems

I really appreciate your bug reports as I don't own any Realtek USB card readers and cannot test the driver by myself.

Support for USB-based card readers is relatively new and immature, and as a result, you are joining the alpha testing club.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, for those who have USB-based card readers, please focus on the following areas when you are testing the latest version:

Always backup your important files on the card before testing the driver.

1) Check if your card can be initialized properly and show up on your desktop.

2) Check if you can copy files from/to the card properly. (e.g., Verify the MD5 checksum of the original and the copied file.)

3) Check if the read and write speed is reasonable and if so test the speed with the RELEASE version.

4) Check if the card is ejected and then attached while you are transferring files from/to the card.

5) Check if your UHS-I SDXC cards work under the above scenarios. (I received a bug report that SDXC cards were not responding to CMD18 properly.)

Edited by Austere.J

14 hours ago, Austere.J said:

Your kernel log is incomplete. Refer to the FAQs.

I did boot with debug version and with msgbuf=10485760, but after executing sudo dmesg | grep RTSX > ~/Desktop/rtsx.log , the log was empty (Also tried with DebugEnhancer)

The only log I can produce is when inserting a card, and immediately after that do a dmesg. 

Maybe it's because of Monterey, idk.

16 hours ago, Austere.J said:

I really appreciate your bug reports as I don't own any Realtek USB card readers and cannot test the driver by myself.

Support for USB-based card readers is relatively new and immature, and as a result, you are joining the alpha testing club.

Thank you sir ☺️

I tested the latest 7920898 build of the kext (debug version). I found that few bugs that are previously present still exists and remaining previous bugs especially major bugs got solved and few major bugs (not considered as that big major bug but it's still can be listed under major bug) arised. 

Major bugs:

Firstly, everything (all functions similar to original Mac/original supported Apple Card readers) works fine and upto the mark for a standard user and could not be complained and is almost perfect.

1. After multiple hotplugs (both short interval between hotplugs as well as long intervals - less likely this issue occurs like 20-25 times for long interval case (here "interval" in the sense consists time gap between removing sdcard from reader and inserting, as well as inserting sdcard for a long time and removing the sdcard and inserting sdcard again - both cases) like 8-10 times, the card reader fails to detect the card, so now I removed the card and inserted back and it detects card in IOReg alongwith partitions but disk utility and Mac doesn't show up partitions to open, read and write; now I again removed my card and inserted, only now it detects as normal. This happens for every some number of hotplugs. (I uploaded my logs below but I am not sure if you can figure out that number of hotplugs to find the issue, nevertheless it's the 5th or 6th insertion (from last) of card into the reader)

2. After multiple number of hotplugs, the card reader shows signs of degradation type (kind of - I forgot the exact word to describe it 😅). I mean it takes milliseconds to seconds time for my files to appear in my sdcard folder after I insert my card after multiple hotplugs, until then it appears empty, also it takes nearly a minute to eject (that's a considerable amount of time and also is a significant jump in time interval between clicking eject to ejecting the card as compared to "the before hotplug (insertion and ejecting) to current hotplug").

Note: Here I cycled between various types & models of sdcards for each hotplug as well as inserted same sdcard for 2-3 times in-between to check the performance and did various tests too.

Not solved bugs:

2nd one in minor bugs of my previous post

On 8/21/2021 at 11:01 AM, gnpaone said:

Minor issues:

17 hours ago, Austere.J said:

This feature is not implemented for USB-based card readers yet.

Fixed bugs:

Major issues:

1. This kext doesn't eject the card, if I click eject it shows either "failed to unmount" error (same error while trying to format too) or the whole system or just finder gets hanged (gets stuck).

2. If I force eject the card or remove without ejecting/unmounting, then if I insert the card again (while the system is running only condition, after boot) my system couldn't detect the card reader, i.e., the card reader kext works card reader inserted before boot as well as first time hotplug after boot, but not multiple hotplugs (with/without ejecting - like 851ede2 variant kext (it has other various issues as I posted in my earlier posts 😅)). One more thing, if I remove without ejecting/unmounting, then the card doesn't disappear from the system, I can still open the folder of sdcard after removing (but not access the files in it tho)

3. This kext now works good with both uhs and non-uhs but only working with mbr partition table, not gpt/guid partition table. Please check that. I tried various types of guid cards but none of them could read/open my card and gives error as filesystem couldn't be recognized. But I'm sure mac knew guid partition table and those guid cards are opening with some external usb card reader (I mean the "external" one available in the market, I think you understood what I am telling).

18 hours ago, Austere.J said:

These issues are related to timed out DMA transfers, and the latest version should fix them.

Minor issues:

As far as I know, neither Sinetex-rtsx nor AppleSDXC has this feature.

From the perspective of the driver, both full-size and micro-size cards are "SD cards".

And as a matter of fact, Apple does not provide the icon for micro-SD cards (at least under macOS Big Sur).

I am sorry 😔, I downloaded AppleSDXC and sinetek rtsx kexts like 7 months back and I remember seeing different .icns key for microsd and sdcard in info.plist from some user long back and didn't check if it's legit, my mistake (I couldn't find that downloaded kexts now, probably I deleted it).

There is a polling thread that monitors card events every 500ms but was temporarily disabled to debug the DMA issue.

The latest version have turned it on but you can disable it by the boot argument `-rtsxsppp`.

I think this -rtsxsppp boot argument is not needed (maybe) as multiple hotplugs are working fine now but you please suggest sir @Austere.J after seeing the logs uploaded below if I should test it sir. Thanks

1) Check if your card can be initialized properly and show up on your desktop.

2) Check if you can copy files from/to the card properly. (e.g., Verify the MD5 checksum of the original and the copied file.)

3) Check if the read and write speed is reasonable and if so test the speed with the RELEASE version.

4) Check if the card is ejected and then attached while you are transferring files from/to the card.

5) Check if your UHS-I SDXC cards work under the above scenarios. (I received a bug report that SDXC cards were not responding to CMD18 properly.)

1) Yes, all models/varieties of sdhc card(including mbr & gpt, microsd and sdcard) is initialised and showing in desktop.

2) The files are getting transferred from/to sd card fine (including formatting the card).

3) As far as speed is concerned, the transfer speeds are pretty decent, it's almost equal to original card speeds so no problem with it (tested high end high speed cards too).

4) The card is ejecting and inserting good (both via formally ejecting using disk utility/right click menu as well as forcibly removing sdcard while idle or while some operation going on).

5) Mm sorry I don't have SDXC card but I will test that too soon and edit this post if any issues exists (or create a new post 😋).

rtsx-7920898.zip

• Thanks 1

Did test for pre-beta 0.9.6 which is gonna be released soon

My RTS5129 is fully working now (reading, writing). Speeds are good, no issues appeared, except one, which is known by @Austere.J and he will fix it, once he have time for that. 

Driver itself is very stable. Really happy that USB-based readers from Realtek are working on macOS now! 

Thank you again so much for that work!

Screenshot 2021-08-28 at 02.17.05.png

Edited by b0ltun
add
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2021 at 8:19 AM, gnpaone said:

the card reader fails to detect the card, so now I removed the card and inserted back and it detects card in IOReg alongwith partitions but disk utility and Mac doesn't show up partitions to open, read and write

After multiple number of hotplugs, the card reader shows signs of degradation type

Your kernel log did not reveal or capture such behaviors.

I didn't find any error messages in the log.

Note that the kernel buffer has a limited capacity thus cannot capture everything after a long run.

Not solved bugs:

2nd one in minor bugs of my previous post

You don't need to repeat what have not yet been implemented, as I have a list that keeps track of everything. :)

The latest release has added support for USB-based card readers.

I think this -rtsxsppp boot argument is not needed (maybe) as multiple hotplugs are working fine now

This boot argument is for debugging purposes only and has been removed.

• Like 1

v0.9.6 comes with a bunch of fairly important bug fixes and enhancements.

Downloads are available at the release page.

In short, the driver is pretty stable now.

USB-based card readers should be working properly, while PCIe-based ones should work even better than before.

Please refer to the changelog for a list of changes since the previous 0.9.5 release.

I would like to acknowledge the following members, @b0ltun, @Sherlocks, @whatnameisit, and @gnpaone, for testing early, unstable builds and reporting issues for USB-based card readers.

This release won't be possible without their support.

Thank you every much. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Austere.J said:

v0.9.6 comes with a bunch of fairly important bug fixes and enhancements.

Downloads are available at the release page.

In short, the driver is pretty stable now.

USB-based card readers should be working properly, while PCIe-based ones should work even better than before.

Please refer to the changelog for a list of changes since the previous 0.9.5 release.

I would like to acknowledge the following members, @b0ltun, @Sherlocks, @whatnameisit, and @gnpaone, for testing early, unstable builds and reporting issues for USB-based card readers.

This release won't be possible without their support.

Thank you every much. :thumbsup_anim:

perfect working.!!

thank you for hard work.

now my laptop is everything working.

1646592094_2021-08-2810_43_07.png.6c970691a334b7386c8f6c1e518fa32e.png

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2021 at 8:49 PM, gnpaone said:

Major bugs:

Firstly, everything (all functions similar to original Mac/original supported Apple Card readers) works fine and upto the mark for a standard user and could not be complained and is almost perfect.

1. After multiple hotplugs (both short interval between hotplugs as well as long intervals - less likely this issue occurs like 20-25 times for long interval case (here "interval" in the sense consists time gap between removing sdcard from reader and inserting, as well as inserting sdcard for a long time and removing the sdcard and inserting sdcard again - both cases) like 8-10 times, the card reader fails to detect the card, so now I removed the card and inserted back and it detects card in IOReg alongwith partitions but disk utility and Mac doesn't show up partitions to open, read and write; now I again removed my card and inserted, only now it detects as normal. This happens for every some number of hotplugs. (I uploaded my logs below but I am not sure if you can figure out that number of hotplugs to find the issue, nevertheless it's the 5th or 6th insertion (from last) of card into the reader)

@Austere.J I am using the newly released v0.9.7 and so far I managed to capture the screenshot of this bug. It not only occurs at some specific number of times but at any number of card insertions including first insertion after boot. Please check the insertion_1 screenshot as well as it's log attached below in zip file.

Edit: I forgot to refresh my system information in second insertion screenshot 😅 so please don't think it doesn't display, it displays correct info.

rtsx-25dfa14.zip

Edited by gnpaone

1. sleep with inserted sdcard

2. wakeup with inserted sdcard, screen is black, i can't see anything. i have to force reboot

1. sleep without inserted sdcard

2. wakeup without inserted sdcard, screen is back. it's normal.

thanks

On 6/19/2021 at 7:56 PM, Allan said:

Tested here, but my RTL8411B PCI Express Card Reader (0x10EC5287) is on the Not Yet list 😕

I've followed the instruction to use the Debug version btw, if there's anything I can do to help, count with me.

I'm waiting 😁

It's working fine on my RTL8411B so far.  Still testing but it boots up and shows up in System Info.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Ohh, but it's working for me (I mean the sleep function with card inserted). I think it specific/depends on whole hardware/cpu (like kaby lake, ice lake, etc probably). Are u using Opencore or Clover? And cpu model please? I think it's Clover and i7 6500u right (according to your signature)?
i7 6500u and OC. there was no this issue in previous alpha verion.
go sleep is no problem with inserted sdcard.
just when wakeup with inserted sdcard from sleep, show black screen

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

RTS5129

I'm almost always getting a kernel panic when putting the computer to sleep with the card inserted. Out of curiosity, I ejected the card from disk utility and did not physically remove the card, and the panic still occurs.

I'm not good with logs, I just saved the report that came up when rebooted.

report.txt

On 8/28/2021 at 6:12 PM, Sherlocks said:

1. sleep with inserted sdcard

2. wakeup with inserted sdcard, screen is black, i can't see anything. i have to force reboot

1. sleep without inserted sdcard

2. wakeup without inserted sdcard, screen is back. it's normal.

thanks

Yeah, you are right, the recent version creates this issue. It's fine with previous builds. I cleared my nvram and tested and it's exactly the same issue as you stated (previously I didn't clear, sorry)

Edited by gnpaone

Sleep Wake failure in EFI

Failure code:: 0x00000000 0x0000001f

Please IGNORE the below stackshot

================================================================
Date/Time:        2021-08-30 16:02:01.336 +0530
OS Version:       ??? ??? (Build ???)
Architecture:     x86_64
Report Version:   32

Data Source:      Stackshots
Shared Cache:     0C9EB0DE-F5CE-3AFC-8F08-0C6DB1E7FC44 slid base address 0x7fff20061000, slide 0x61000

Event:            Sleep Wake Failure
Duration:         0.00s
Steps:            1

Boot args:        -wegnoegpu msgbuf=10485760 chunklist-security-epoch=0 -chunklist-no-rev2-dev

Time Awake Since Boot: 21s

Process:          swd [363]
Architecture:     x86_64
Footprint:        380 KB
Time Since Fork:  0s
Num samples:      1 (1)

Thread 0x94e    1 sample (1)    priority 4 (base 4)
  <thread QoS background (requested background), thread darwinbg, process darwinbg, IO tier 2>
  1  start + 1 (libdyld.dylib + 89917) [0x7fff2038af3d] 1
    1  ??? [0x109d20454] 1
      1  ??? [0x109d201e8] 1
        1  __stack_snapshot_with_config + 10 (libsystem_kernel.dylib + 146934) [0x7fff2035cdf6] 1
         *1  ??? [0xffffff80002331f6] 1
           *1  ??? [0xffffff800094001e] 1
             *1  ??? [0xffffff800084a211] 1
               *1  ??? [0xffffff800025651f] 1
                 *1  ??? [0xffffff800028d86d] (running) 1

Binary Images:
        0x7fff20339000 -     0x7fff20368fff  libsystem_kernel.dylib (7195.141.2) <B51DEA59-1260-35C6-B7B6-AA6D8459ECEC>  /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib
        0x7fff20375000 -     0x7fff203b0fff  libdyld.dylib (852.2)               <11007DE4-ABE1-3079-BF1C-4D0EADA884DD>  /usr/lib/system/libdyld.dylib

It happens for recently released versions (including nightly builds).

Detailed report:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80191c57d6): Kernel trap at 0xffffff801ee8b1a4, type 14=page fault, registers:
CR0: 0x000000008001003b, CR2: 0x00000000000000c8, CR3: 0x000000001fbe7000, CR4: 0x00000000003626e0
RAX: 0x0000000000000000, RBX: 0xffffff936bd171e0, RCX: 0xffffff936ba4fe08, RDX: 0xffffff801ee6f990
RSP: 0xffffffa0bff9bd00, RBP: 0xffffffa0bff9bd20, RSI: 0xffffffa0bff9bd58, RDI: 0x0000000000000000
R8:  0x0000000000000000, R9:  0x0000000000000000, R10: 0x0000000000000000, R11: 0x0000000000000008
R12: 0xffffff936bd171e0, R13: 0xffffff801ee7ac10, R14: 0x0000000000000000, R15: 0xffffff936ba4fcc0
RFL: 0x0000000000010286, RIP: 0xffffff801ee8b1a4, CS:  0x0000000000000008, SS:  0x0000000000000010
Fault CR2: 0x00000000000000c8, Error code: 0x0000000000000000, Fault CPU: 0x0, PL: 0, VF: 1

Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address
0xffffffa0bff9b720 : 0xffffff801908e04d mach_kernel : _handle_debugger_trap + 0x3fd
0xffffffa0bff9b770 : 0xffffff80191d4e13 mach_kernel : _kdp_i386_trap + 0x143
0xffffffa0bff9b7b0 : 0xffffff80191c540a mach_kernel : _kernel_trap + 0x55a
0xffffffa0bff9b800 : 0xffffff8019032a2f mach_kernel : _return_from_trap + 0xff
0xffffffa0bff9b820 : 0xffffff801908d86d mach_kernel : _DebuggerTrapWithState + 0xad
0xffffffa0bff9b940 : 0xffffff801908db63 mach_kernel : _panic_trap_to_debugger + 0x273
0xffffffa0bff9b9b0 : 0xffffff801989dc0a mach_kernel : _panic + 0x54
0xffffffa0bff9ba20 : 0xffffff80191c57d6 mach_kernel : _sync_iss_to_iks + 0x2c6
0xffffffa0bff9bba0 : 0xffffff80191c54bd mach_kernel : _kernel_trap + 0x60d
0xffffffa0bff9bbf0 : 0xffffff8019032a2f mach_kernel : _return_from_trap + 0xff
0xffffffa0bff9bc10 : 0xffffff801ee8b1a4 science.firewolf.rtsx : __ZN14IOSDHostDriver20onSDCardRemovedGatedEPN8IOSDCard10CompletionE + 0x14
0xffffffa0bff9bd20 : 0xffffff801ee6fb75 science.firewolf.rtsx : __ZN14IOSDHostDevice20onSDCardRemovedGatedEPN8IOSDCard10CompletionE + 0x65
0xffffffa0bff9bd80 : 0xffffff801ee73613 science.firewolf.rtsx : __ZN27RealtekCardReaderController20onSDCardRemovedGatedEPN8IOSDCard10CompletionE + 0x53
0xffffffa0bff9bdb0 : 0xffffff801ee7acc9 science.firewolf.rtsx : __ZN30RealtekUSBCardReaderController22fetchDeviceStatusGatedEP18IOTimerEventSource + 0xb9
0xffffffa0bff9bde0 : 0xffffff80197f47e5 mach_kernel : __ZN18IOTimerEventSource15timeoutSignaledEPvS0_ + 0xa5
0xffffffa0bff9be50 : 0xffffff80197f46e6 mach_kernel : __ZN18IOTimerEventSource17timeoutAndReleaseEPvS0_ + 0xc6
0xffffffa0bff9be80 : 0xffffff80190d4605 mach_kernel : _thread_call_delayed_timer + 0x4a5
0xffffffa0bff9bef0 : 0xffffff80190d5574 mach_kernel : _thread_call_delayed_timer + 0x1414
0xffffffa0bff9bfa0 : 0xffffff801903213e mach_kernel : _call_continuation + 0x2e
      Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         science.firewolf.rtsx(0.9.7)[BD84FF5A-47A2-3938-AC4F-0ED2E6B1FA30]@0xffffff801ee52000->0xffffff801ef4dfff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[F7AA4BAF-35CF-3784-A50C-5FD9CDCBE488]@0xffffff801bb6c000->0xffffff801bb94fff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily(2.1)[6CD2A6EC-9FFC-370D-8FEE-C8016E5C6BBA]@0xffffff801bc6f000->0xffffff801bc80fff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily(1.2)[3FDCC3CF-64A8-3794-A52C-5D8DE43A8265]@0xffffff801be8a000->0xffffff801bf18fff

Process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task
Boot args: -wegnoegpu msgbuf=10485760 chunklist-security-epoch=0 -chunklist-no-rev2-dev

Mac OS version:
20G95

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 20.6.0: Wed Jun 23 00:26:31 PDT 2021; root:xnu-7195.141.2~5/RELEASE_X86_64
Kernel UUID: FECBF22B-FBBE-36DE-9664-F12A7DD41D3D
KernelCache slide: 0x0000000018e00000
KernelCache base:  0xffffff8019000000
Kernel slide:      0x0000000018e10000
Kernel text base:  0xffffff8019010000
__HIB  text base: 0xffffff8018f00000
System model name: MacBookPro16,1
System shutdown begun: NO
Panic diags file available: YES (0x0)
Hibernation exit count: 0

System uptime in nanoseconds: 1540132268209
Last Sleep:           absolute           base_tsc          base_nano
  Uptime  : 0x0000016697097146
  Sleep   : 0x000001666daa06c2 0x000000075614680c 0x0000000000000000
  Wake    : 0x000001666fbde45e 0x00000000ff3046ea 0x000001666e2529c3

rtsx-25dfa14-x.log.zip

rtsx-25dfa14-x1.log.zip

Edited by gnpaone

Any way to get mine working with this kext?

I have both kexts RealtekCardReaderFriend.kext & RealtekCardReader.kext

I am trying with a Samsung 32 EVO SDHC & a generic SDHC 4Gb on my laptop (specs in sig) on Monterey.

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 11.12.38 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 11.11.54 pm.png

Edited by SavageAUS