186 posts in this topic

• 5 months later...

@Austere.J

Just wanted to say thank you so much for developing this kext.

I've been trying for years to get the SD card reader working on my HP Laptop using various old threads/kexts mainly based around @Sinetek work without success.

The SD Reader on my laptop is 0x10EC, 0x525A

I stumbled across your kext today on GitHub and was keen to try it out .... i'm happy to report that it seems to work perfectly 😀😀😀😀.

Have tried it with several cards and all seems well, laptop still sleeps and wakes without issues which was a major issue with one of the other kexts i tried.

Running Ventura 13.2, booting via OpenCore 0.8.8 with all 3rd party kexts up to date. 

image.thumb.png.68bcd050d13806c4fef49e2d546e1bb5.png

image.thumb.png.83841ec49c8baef3229527d0a2986059.png

Cheers

Jay

Edited by jaymonkey
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 12:06 AM, jaymonkey said:

@Austere.J

Just wanted to say thank you so much for developing this kext.

I've been trying for years to get the SD card reader working on my HP Laptop using various old threads/kexts mainly based around @Sinetek work without success.

The SD Reader on my laptop is 0x10EC, 0x525A

I stumbled across your kext today on GitHub and was keen to try it out .... i'm happy to report that it seems to work perfectly 😀😀😀😀.

Have tried it with several cards and all seems well, laptop still sleeps and wakes without issues which was a major issue with one of the other kexts i tried.

Running Ventura 13.2, booting via OpenCore 0.8.8 with all 3rd party kexts up to date. 

image.thumb.png.68bcd050d13806c4fef49e2d546e1bb5.png

image.thumb.png.83841ec49c8baef3229527d0a2986059.png

Cheers

Jay

latest kexts from GitHub or Acidanthera site?

Edited by oldman20
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Austere.J Thank you for this kext, I have a question about power management, my dell laptop has the RTS525A device and if it is enabled in Bios, even if not in use, the battery drains substantially faster than if disabled or if I'm using windows. Is the device ever put into a low power mode if not in use?

7 hours ago, habib said:

Hi! Are there any plans to add RTS5159 (0x0bda0159) support?

RTS5159 conforms to the USB attached SCSI protocol, so in theory it is supported by macOS natively.

This driver, however, deals with USB-based Realtek SD card readers that expose a custom interface.

5 hours ago, theroadw said:

@Austere.J Thank you for this kext, I have a question about power management, my dell laptop has the RTS525A device and if it is enabled in Bios, even if not in use, the battery drains substantially faster than if disabled or if I'm using windows. Is the device ever put into a low power mode if not in use?

I am afraid that the device, when inactive, is never put into a low power mode under macOS and thus draining your battery.

1 hour ago, Austere.J said:

RTS5159 conforms to the USB attached SCSI protocol, so in theory it is supported by macOS natively.

Thanks for reply. Yes it works, but it's detected as "USB2.0-CRW" in "USB" section in "System Information", and no any info in " Card Reader" section.

crw.jpg

• 4 months later...