GUIDE: Z77MX-QUO-AOS Migrating from Ozmosis to OpenCore

IronManJFF

235 posts in this topic

Hi together,

after a long time I took out my old PC with the Quo motherboard Z77MX-QUO-AOS. The good thing is, that he started without any problems but on MacOS 10.9.1 :-D Guess its more than 5-6 years ago. Now I'm thinking about installing Windows 10. But when I came across this thread and apparently some are still using the motherboard, I would like to install MacOS Big Sur as well.

Is there a guide to install Big Sur from scratch? Should I save information in my current old Mac OS version 10.9.1? Tried to download the Hackintool but I am not able to start the tool.

It's been a long time since I last dealt with the Hackintosh topic. I am also looking forward to the latest reading guides or information to get started again.

Many thanks in advance and best regards

sTaN

On 12/12/2020 at 10:28 AM, sTaN said:

Hi together,

after a long time I took out my old PC with the Quo motherboard Z77MX-QUO-AOS. The good thing is, that he started without any problems but on MacOS 10.9.1 :-D Guess its more than 5-6 years ago. Now I'm thinking about installing Windows 10. But when I came across this thread and apparently some are still using the motherboard, I would like to install MacOS Big Sur as well.

Is there a guide to install Big Sur from scratch? Should I save information in my current old Mac OS version 10.9.1? Tried to download the Hackintool but I am not able to start the tool.

It's been a long time since I last dealt with the Hackintosh topic. I am also looking forward to the latest reading guides or information to get started again.

sTaN

Follow the guide in the first post by IronManJFF and you are done. Good luck.:thumbsup_anim:

27 minutes ago, elviejo said:

Follow the guide in the first post by IronManJFF and you are done. Good luck.:thumbsup_anim:

The problem is, that I can not run the Hackintool on Mavericks to find out all the information needed. Like:

• Board Serial Number 
  • ROM
  • ModelIdentifier
  • Serial Number
  • System ID

Also older versions are not working. Is there a tutorial to start from zero? The current data on the system is not important and I would like to install a fresh and clean system.

Thanks a lot!

sTaN

On 12/13/2020 at 12:19 PM, sTaN said:

The problem is, that I can not run the Hackintool on Mavericks to find out all the information needed. Like:

• Board Serial Number 
  • ROM
  • ModelIdentifier
  • Serial Number
  • System ID

Also older versions are not working. Is there a tutorial to start from zero? The current data on the system is not important and I would like to install a fresh and clean system.

Thanks a lot!

sTaN

With the exception of the ROM you can get the other information with Clover Configurator app, the ROM is the MAC address of the ethernet card you can find it in ~about this mac~system report~network~ethernet~en0

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi.

Oz worked well for me over the years thanks to @IronManJFF and this forum for all the help I needed getting that up and running previously, and I am/was running Mojave without much problem, except for bluetooth, which I never got to work right.

Then recently my fusion boot drive gave up the ghost. Fortunately I have a backup, but also I had another small SSD drive in the case which I connected to SATA 0 and was able to boot from. I am going to get that running first, then restore.

I decided it was a good opportunity to go to OpenCore, since I don't think Ozmosis is being maintained.

I see a lot of people here have had success with OpenCore, so I decided to try it. Maybe I'll even get bluetooth to work.

First thing: backing up the working ROM is a good idea, I saved it to two places and I've needed it to get back to this.

Second off, the Migration Guide is out of date. I got very confused trying to follow it. There is no General section in the supplied config.plist any more.

Post 0 in this thread has been updated a couple of times with links to new versions (version 0.6.3 https://github.com/Kazbah/Z77MX-QUO-AOS-OpenCore-Migration-Kit as of the time of writing) but the Migration Guide.rtf has not kept pace. I had to read the thread very carefully before I finally found one reference to the new layout and the script.

Perhaps for others like me Migration Guide could be updated? At least in the downloaded version, if not in Post 0?

Thanks.

OK, so I navigated the new system, and plugged in all the information to the platforminfo.plist and ran the config script.

It seemed to go well, so I Q-Flashed with the new OpenCore ROM, and rebooted.

Unfortunately I got the following error:

OCS: Failed to parse data field as value with type data and <94de80a135e5> contents, context <ROM>!

I went back through the thread and found the part where I should copy the MAC address from the System Report, so I then reinstalled the ROM I had backed up and rebooted back into the Oz version  and did that, complete with all the :: symbols, and pasted that into the platforminfo.plist, then went through the whole thing again.

What happens is that I get the option to boot from a drive, but when I hit enter it goes black then loops back to the same screen. Selecting either one of the drives does not work.

Does anyone have any idea of where I’m going wrong with this? 

Thanks.

A965309F-4F9E-41D1-BED6-B1C157CADA06.jpeg

4EABFA06-D84D-4D78-A894-5820129F68B8.jpeg

This is what I've got, is that 6 bytes?

<key>ROM</key>
            <data>
            94de80a135e5
            </data>

Nope. I googled and that's 12 bytes. But it's my MAC address, as recommended. What should I be using instead?

Thanks.

Dear community,

I currently try to install Windows 10 on my QUO Board. I am still using an old BIOS Firmware Z77MX.QUO.AOS.H3A.1307271205 and was wondering which latest UEFI firmware I should use.

I completely formatted my SSD drive with Gparted (used GTP format type), create a boot usb stick with Rufus (and the latest windows 10 iso) but after booting from the usb windows 10 boot stick, the installation stuck at the blue windows icon and nothing happens. My BIOS settings are the following:

Secure Boot: Windows 8

CSM Support: disabled

Display Boot Option ROM Control: UEFI Only

Other PCIe Device Option ROM Control: UEFI

Securee Boot: enabled

Any ideas how to install windows 10 successfully?

sTaN

Thanks IronMan for the answer,

I already used the latest Windows 10 64 bit iso and created a bootable usb stick (GPT format) with Rufus. But as I wrote the installation stucks at the blue windows logo :-/

For me it’s fine to use Ozmosis to install mac os later maybe but first I would like to simply run windows 10.

With the information in the first post I was not able to install Big Sur because many of the informations needed, I don’t have like:

• Board Serial Number 
  • ROM
  • ModelIdentifier
  • Serial Number
  • System ID

Is there an howto to get these information without having a running system?

But first prio would be to get windows 10 up and running, which firmware can I use and where should I download the latest one?

Mamy thanks in advance and best regards!

sTaN

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2021 at 5:57 PM, IronManJFF said:

You can use the firmware included in the Migration Kit .. i have a dual boot Mac/Win10 system

You can use a 'generator' to create the needed info ( ROM = MAC address of your network card)

When I upgraded the bios with the one in the kit all my boot options disappeared. Only the UEFI shell was there.

Edit: Managed to enable CSM support in BIOS and rebooted to bios then the Legacy boot options appeared.

Edited by startergo

On 6/25/2021 at 5:54 PM, startergo said:

Has anyone used the TPM chip in the QUO board? I am asking due to the Windows 11 requirements. Can someone recommend any add-on chips?

No

On 6/26/2021 at 9:01 PM, startergo said:

When I upgraded the bios with the one in the kit all my boot options disappeared. Only the UEFI shell was there.

Edit: Managed to enable CSM support in BIOS and rebooted to bios then the Legacy boot options appeared.

Uploading the firmware clears NVRAM, nothing unexpected here

It is a UEFI firmware if you installed Windows in Legacy mode ...instead of UEFI  ... can't help you with that.

1 hour ago, IronManJFF said:

OC 0.7.1 is not an official release , stick with what works.

I enabled "execute disable bit" and the reboots stopped, but I have stop sign (forbidden symbol) at APPLEUSB... on HS 13.6 install. The OC version does not matter.

1 hour ago, IronManJFF said:

It is a UEFI firmware if you installed Windows in Legacy mode ...instead of UEFI  ... can't help you with that.

Actually as I said the settings just have to be enabled in the BIOS. They are disabled by default.

Has anyone used the TPM chip in the QUO board? I am asking due to the Windows 11 requirements. Can someone recommend any add-on chips?

No I didn’t either but it seems possible. d9cc9fc66d865c6a70b30bce5c2bcdcd.jpg
You would just need a TPM module with this pinout. 6ba9dfe2c384b76070f48a86a98e47b0.jpg

EDIT: this one seems to be compatible: AOM-TPM-9655V
http:// https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/other/datasheet_AOM-TPM-9655V.pdf