[release] macOS Catalina 10.15.2

Wayang-NT

69 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, nmano said:

"Memory Modules MisConfigured, More than the maximum supported memory is installed in your Mac."

1528370181_ScreenShot2019-12-13at6_28_04AM.png.4df5346120dbb6c462705ad1e1fabc02.png

Model Identifier: MacPro7,1

How to fix this warning?

Thanks guys.

yes, macpro7,1 .

i also have this same issue.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 6:38 AM, iTTT said:

yes, macpro7,1 .

i also have this same issue.

On 12/13/2019 at 1:31 PM, nmano said:

"Memory Modules MisConfigured, More than the maximum supported memory is installed in your Mac."

1528370181_ScreenShot2019-12-13at6_28_04AM.png.4df5346120dbb6c462705ad1e1fabc02.png

Model Identifier: MacPro7,1

How to fix this warning?

Thanks guys.

SMBIOS platform data for MP7,1 in new CCG 5.9.0.0 generated more correctly. But still no Memory tab in "About This Mac" + message "Memory Modules Misconfigured"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

Incorrect PlatformFeature in Clover. Set 0x20

While there is no decision.

Thank you.

Just for info - my results after change PlatformFeature 0x22 -> 0x20

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 20.48.49.png

173590574_Screenshot2019-12-15at21_27_46.thumb.png.4e4bec15a19aa291fad59dbd487ba252.png

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 21.34.45.png

Edited by yapan4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, yapan4 said:

Thank you.

Just for info - my results after change PlatformFeature 0x22 -> 0x20

Hi @yapan4

Last month, @Slice pushed memory rank parameters: see below from sample config.plist. Maybe it will help you.

<key>#MemoryRank</key>
		<integer>2</integer>
		<key>#Memory</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Modules</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>00001001</string>
					<key>Part</key>
					<string>C0001403</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string>Kingston</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>4096</integer>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>1333</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR3</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>00001002</string>
					<key>Part</key>
					<string>C0001404</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string>Kingston</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<integer>4096</integer>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<integer>1333</integer>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<integer>2</integer>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR3</string>
				</dict>

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Last month, @Slice pushed memory rank parameters: see below from sample config.plist. Maybe it will help you.

Thanks, I'll try...

Update: I have consistently tried all the settings for MemoryRank parameter(w/o, -1, 0, 1, 2) - do not make any difference in my case, still "Memory Modules Misconfigured"

SMBIOS Memory.rtf

bootlog.txt

Edited by yapan4
  • Like 1

Hi guys, I'm a bit confused. Trying to switch to Opencore but I'm still not familiar with it. I do have both build working and running fine, tho. When I run VideoProc app, I get different results.

OpenCore - HEVC Enabled

Clover - HEVC Unavailable

Can someone tell me how's this possible?

Tnx

1.thumb.png.2967798f2c18c83d941d748bdb05f424.png

@Alexey Boronenkov 

There are no patches for 10.15.2 yet I'm using the latest available from AMD OS X Vanilla. it is OpenCore 0.53 that makes the difference and starts my sierra, mojave and catalina highs without problems. With Clover this build 3950X + MSI Unify does not leave ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 5:50 AM, iCanaro said:

@sl0wtarget

if your hack is what I see in the signature, you have to commit yourself a little more, it is extremely compatible and not particularly demanding .... obviously you need to know at least the basics of the hack world

I got it up and running since 10.13.x, I know basics obviously (although "basics" is a relative term here) but I don't have time. I don't have time to commit, I'm getting older, I work a lot, have a family, home, etc so "demanding" is more a frustration for me than it is for you.

A BIOS update of my Z370-F left it usable but trying to get into the BIOS was impossible (and of course I need access for boot override), always a black screen no matter if I used the iGPU or Radeon VII no matter what port (HDMI, DP of either). I swapped in an Asus Z390-F and I'm still not able to boot into macOS on the hard drive or the Mojave installer USB that had my last, successfully working EFI partition.

The best course of action I can think of is to install Z390 drivers into the EFI of the Mojave installer from my old MacPro and see if that gets me up and running—what extra drivers do I need for the Z390 as opposed to the Z370? I'll either find out on my own or someone will help me?

I sent a private message. If I can run the Mojave Installer and recover what I have on the Hackintosh drive (without wiping the volume) that would be a great start, if I can also create a Catalina Installer on another thumb drive that would get me up and running with Catalina that'd be great too.

@sl0wtarget This might be a complete shot in the dark, but lot of people installing Catalina for the first time had problems with the wifi kext they could successfully use with Mojave.  I deleted mine from Clover/kexts/other and I was able to boot up.  The errors I see in your screenshot would be compatible with this problem but I didn't actually see the Brcm wifi kext listed.  One last thing, did you move your custom kexts in Clover to the 10.15 folder?  That's another common mistake on a first time upgrade.  Good luck.  

2 hours ago, sl0wtarget said:

@mnfesq thanks for the reply. I had the mausi kext for Ethernet, I wasn't using WiFi. As far as the kext location, was I supposed to move it?

When you run Mojave, all of your custom kexts in Clover are in 10.14 (unless you keep them all in kexts/other).  You need to move them to 10.15.