Jump to content

Open CORE Kernel & Kext patch for X99/X299 motherboard


nmano
Message added by fantomas

The contents of these post are outdated, all the XCPM patches for X99 and similar chipsets can be enabled within Kernel → Quirks section

400 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Looks the same as mine, but mines happens right after the first pci configuration end line

can you look at this post from August 11 @dMatik and @pitrysha talking about  dp4 and x99 boards, I have attempted, a couple of weeks back, to contact these two to no avail. but look at the efi and see what's going on :  

 

Edited by jmacie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, jmacie said:

can you look at this post from August 11 @dMatik and @pitrysha talking about  dp4 and x99 boards, I have attempted, a couple of weeks back, to contact these two to no avail. but look at the efi and see what's going on :  

 

 

Seems like they are using a modded bios

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jmacie said:

я думаю, что это только cfg и nvram, но я все равно хотел бы поговорить с ними, чтобы узнать, есть ли там что-нибудь

I also have a modified BIOS, but it didn't help me with the installation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

correction.... wrong statement.... we can only evaluate if a new beta changes the situation if a full installer is provided.

So we have to wait till apple releases another full installer for the latest beta.

All recent beta updates were incremental updates.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Антико said:

8 - 0 in favor of Big Sur))) 5 attempts - and everyone stops here.  This is already starting to get on your nerves))).

MVIMG_20200921_174028_compress85.jpg

 

To get rid of this you need the rtc patch i posted earlyer, after this you will have the same kernel panic as the rest of us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mike Ranger said:

correction.... wrong statement.... we can only evaluate if a new beta changes the situation if a full installer is provided.

So we have to wait till apple releases another full installer for the latest beta.

All recent beta updates were incremental updates.

 

 

I have a couple of macs and an hackintosh which boots big sur, i can always install it with those and then let you know

 

EDIT:

The installer still has the kp, i will try to upgrade an installation i got

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

 

Чтобы избавиться от этого, вам понадобится патч rtc, который я опубликовал раньше, после этого у вас будет такая же паника ядра, как и у всех нас.

The patch is registered, I used the config to install.  pllist that you sent me in telegram.))

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ITzTravelInTime

Upgrading an existing installation i have personnally not tried. Certainly as we try all options something to consider as well.

My hope is the next beta providing a new full installer, then I will try again.

Thanks for your dedication in trying to make this work.

 

Interesting Sidenote.....

When I compare newer systems with Z490 and Coffee Lake CPU with my 3 year old system, the difference is not really significant. I would really keep it if ever possible.

 

Thanks, Mike

Edited by Mike Ranger
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have anyone tried macOS 10.15.7 ?

 

About the latest usb installer it still gives the same kp, i have to free my macbook pro for some hours (i usually use it for development workloads) to install BS on my soare SSD.

 

About figuring out the problem we need to know which is the device causing it, as far as i have saw it's either a device in UNC0 or PCI0 or the whole bridges, or some sub-bridge thing, then we need to know what's wrong with them, and that's the difficoult part, but we can compare it to real macs or not too far off hackintoshes, i need the original DSDT from an iMac pro and from and x299 hackintosh to have reference and also from the mac pro 2013, since ivybridge x79 hackintoshes seems to soffer from a similar issue to x99.

 

Too bad thereisn't any big sur source code out in the open source apple website.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
20
40 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Have anyone tried macOS 10.15.7 ?

 

About the latest usb installer it still gives the same kp, i have to free my macbook pro for some hours (i usually use it for development workloads) to install BS on my soare SSD.

 

About figuring out the problem we need to know which is the device causing it, as far as i have saw it's either a device in UNC0 or PCI0 or the whole bridges, or some sub-bridge thing, then we need to know what's wrong with them, and that's the difficoult part, but we can compare it to real macs or not too far off hackintoshes, i need the original DSDT from an iMac pro and from and x299 hackintosh to have reference and also from the mac pro 2013, since ivybridge x79 hackintoshes seems to soffer from a similar issue to x99.

 

Too bad thereisn't any big sur source code out in the open source apple website.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have such swearing in my log (Mojave/Catalina) :) 

kernel: (IOPCIFamily) [ PCI configuration end, bridges 9, devices 83 ]
kernel: (IONVMeFamily) AppleNVMe Assert failed: ( 0 != data )
kernel: (IOAHCIFamily) [AHCI][PML][00000000]+IOAHCIPortMultiplierGlobals::IOAHCIPortMultiplierGlobals
kernel: (IOAHCIFamily) [AHCI][PML][00000000]-IOAHCIPortMultiplierGlobals::IOAHCIPortMultiplierGlobals
kernel: (IONVMeFamily) ReleaseIDNode
kernel: (IONVMeFamily) file: /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IONVMeFamily/IONVMeFamily-387.270.1/IONVMeController.cpp
kernel: (IONVMeFamily) line: 5492
kernel: <compose failure [UUID]>
kernel: (IONVMeFamily) 

But everything works fine. Maybe this is the focus of attention in Big Sur?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys, about troubleshooting the problem with BS i saw that it's possible to enable some debug options via boot arg to let io kit perform some debug prints to list device matches or to allow IOPCIFamilty to be more verbose, so i would like if you could help me doing research on that.

 

And also since AppleACPIPlatform is no longer a kext but it's now a driver extension means that probrably boot args can't help us understand the problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Hi guys, about troubleshooting the problem with BS i saw that it's possible to enable some debug options via boot arg to let io kit perform some debug prints to list device matches or to allow IOPCIFamilty to be more verbose, so i would like if you could help me doing research on that.

What need to do?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2020 at 8:06 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

Hi guys, about troubleshooting the problem with BS i saw that it's possible to enable some debug options via boot arg to let io kit perform some debug prints to list device matches or to allow IOPCIFamilty to be more verbose, so i would like if you could help me doing research on that.

 

And also since AppleACPIPlatform is no longer a kext but it's now a driver extension means that probrably boot args can't help us understand the problem

I think you were asking for the DSDT from the user who was able to make a X99 chinesse board work with big sur. Please find it enclosed. Hope you can solve us our problems :). Also his config.plist

 

 

 

DSDT.aml.zip

config.plist

Edited by jlcdgd
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Allan unpinned this topic
×
×
  • Create New...