Jump to content

Open CORE Kernel & Kext patch for X99/X299 motherboard


Message added by fantomas

The contents of these post are outdated, all the XCPM patches for X99 and similar chipsets can be enabled within Kernel → Quirks section

400 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

@nmano are you till using your patches for Opencore (even though developers say not to)? Is it because of overclock on X99, I have XCPM  working but my cpu 6800K only goes up to 3.4GHZ (as no Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Frequency 3.80 GHz) 

 

I've tried their SSDT method but that just pegs the CPU at 3.6 constantly, there's not option for me in CPUFriendFriend (https://github.com/corpnewt/CPUFriendFriend) for Energy Performance Preference (EPP). I use to have an overclock to 4.0GHz thinking of ways to get it back in OpenCore.

Also if anyone can help with XMP on my RAM, if I set my Bios to XMP enabled Profile 1, the system won't boot at all, clover works fine as you can add your settings for RAM, XMP and speed ect

1 hour ago, ekwipt said:

Also if anyone can help with XMP on my RAM, if I set my Bios to XMP enabled Profile 1, the system won't boot at all, clover works fine as you can add your settings for RAM, XMP and speed ect

I'm totally in the other way as yours. 

XMP cannot work on my clover setting. That's why I turned to opencore, and it works good now.

截屏2020-04-26 上午11.15.53.png

edit ok getting somewhere, I manually setup my timings in bios and I can boot, MacOS reports wrong speed but I think it's just cosmetic (I had the same thing in Clover), not I'll try and setup overclocking again

  • Like 1
8 hours ago, ekwipt said:

Damn must be something wrong with my spec motherboard, what board / chipset are you running?

 

My MB is Gigabyte x99-Ultra Gaming, CPU i7-6850k.

I just used the latest patches updated by nmano in this thread, but abandon the bootstrap patch. (if I use the bootstrap batch, my CPU just keeps at 4.00GHz, no changing.)

 

截屏2020-04-26 下午8.50.54.png

  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hello guys, I'm sorry to say that without XCPM patches on a new/old build Catalina 10.15.4 is not running well and installation ends up frozen at some point. Hardware details:

Asus X99A 2
6900K

64Gb DDR4 2400Mhz Crucial Ballistix

Samsung EVO 961 250Gb

BeQuiet 800W plus gold PSU

 

BIOS has been MSR unlocked and CPU microcode has been updated to latest.

 

The issue is install related only, if you manage to get into system (which I managed by using @nmano set of xcpm patches) then you can disable xcpm patches and just use OC built in xcpm quirks for proper functionality. There are other users reporting the same behaviour while to fresh install.

 

Would you guys need anything to try and see how to fix this? Thanks

  • Like 1

10.15.5 (19F96) XCPM

 

Apple update bootstrap to 10.15.5

Now old method.

 

 

#Kernel->Emulate->FakeID

 

#FakeCPUID         0x050654  Skylake-X/Skylake-U 0x0406E3

Cpuid1Data   <->  E3060400 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

 

#FakeCPUID         0x050654  Skylake-X/Skylake-H 0x0506E3

Cpuid1Data   <->  E3060500 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

 

 #FakeCPUID         0x0306F2   Haswell-E/Haswell 0x0306C3

Cpuid1Data   <->  C3060300 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000 

 

#FakeCPUID         0x040674   Broadwell-E/Broadwell 0x0306D4

Cpuid1Data   <-> D4060300 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->  FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

 

#FakeCPUID            Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5 0x0206D7

Cpuid1Data   <-> D7060200 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->  FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

 

#1 xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha Modify 10.15.5 N.Mano


Comment    String  <-> xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<-> 31D2E857 D2FFFF
MatchOS    String <-> 10.15.x
Replace    Data<-> 31D29090 909090

 #2 _xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano

Comment     String  <->    _xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled    Boolean <-> No
Find        Data<->      31D2E8E9 F9FEFF
MatchOS     String <->    10.15.x
Replace     Data<->      31D29090 909090

#3 

Comment    String  <-> _xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs #1 (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<->   BE060000 005DE908 000000
MatchOS    String <-> 10.15.x
Replace    Data<->   BE060000 005DC390 909090

#4

Comment    String  <->_xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs_2 (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<->  31D2E838 FDFFFF
MatchOS    String <-> 10.15.x
Replace    Data<->  31D29090 909090

#5

Comment    String  <->__xcpm_enable_pstate_patch (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<->   41C1E608 4963D689 D048C1EA 20
MatchOS    String <-> 10.15.x
Replace    Data<->   41C1E608 B800FF00 0031D290 90

 

#6

Comment    String  <->_C6/C7_If=E2-Enabled=0x7E000403 Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<-> E2000000 4C000000 00000000 00000000 0F040000 00000000 0500001E 
MatchOS    String <-> 10.12.x,10.13.x,10.14.x,10.15.x
Replace    Data<-> E2000000 4C000000 00000000 00000000 0F040000 00000000 0304007E 


#7

Comment    String  <->xcpm MSR Patch 4206 (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<-> 42060000 DC330600 00000000 00000000 1F000000 00000000 18000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 
MatchOS    String <->10.12.x,10.13.x,10.14.x,10.15.x
Replace    Data<-> 42060000 00000000 00000000 00000000 1F000000 00000000 18000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 

#8

Comment    String  <->xcpm support /0x82D390/MSR_PP0_POLICY 0x63a (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<-> 3A060000 DC330600 00000000 00000000 1F 
MatchOS    String <->10.12.x,10.13.x,10.14.x,10.15.x
Replace    Data<-> 3A060000 00000000 00000000 00000000 1F 



#9 Disable panic kext logging on 10.15.5+ Release kernel

Comment    String  <->Disable panic kext logging on   @PMheart/Pike R. Alpha
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<->  8A0284C0 7447
MatchOS    String <->10.14.x,10.15.x
Replace    Data<->  8A0284C0 EB47
  • Like 1

XCPM 10.15.5 (19F96) X99/X299

 

If you are using _xcpm_bootstrap patch you have to Emulate Original CPUID

 

#Kernel->Emulate->Your CPU Original ID

 

#CPUID          Cascade Lake-X 0x050657

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  57060500 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

 

#CPUID           Skylake-X 0x050654  /Skylake-H 0x0406E3

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  54060500 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

 

#CPUID         0x0306F2   Haswell-E/Haswell 0x0306C3

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  F2060300 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000 

 

#CPUID         0x0406F1   Broadwell-E/Broadwell 0x0306D4

 

Cpuid1Data   <-> F1060400 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->  FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

 

#1 xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha Modify 10.15.5 N.Mano

Comment    String  <-> xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<-> 31D2E857 D2FFFF
MatchOS    String <-> 10.15.x
Replace    Data<-> 31D29090 909090

 #2 _xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano

Comment     String  <->    _xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled    Boolean <-> No
Find        Data<->      31D2E8E9 F9FEFF
MatchOS     String <->    10.15.x
Replace     Data<->      31D29090 909090

#3 

Comment    String  <-> _xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs #1 (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<->   BE060000 005DE908 000000
MatchOS    String <-> 10.15.x
Replace    Data<->   BE060000 005DC390 909090

#4

Comment    String  <->_xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs_2 (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<->  31D2E838 FDFFFF
MatchOS    String <-> 10.15.x
Replace    Data<-> 31D29090 909090

#5

Comment    String  <->__xcpm_enable_pstate_patch (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<->   41C1E608 4963D689 D048C1EA 20
MatchOS    String <-> 10.15.x
Replace    Data<->   41C1E608 B800FF00 0031D290 90

#6 This patch for X99(Haswell-E)

Comment    String  <->xcpm_bootstrap HASwell-E (c) hardcorehenry Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<->   8D43C43C 427722
MatchOS    String <-> 10.15.x
Replace    Data<->   8D43C13C 427722

#7 This patch for X299(Skylake-X/Cascade Lake-X)


Comment    String  <->xcpm_bootstrap Skylake-X/Cascade Lake-X (c) hardcorehenry Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<->   8D43C43C 427722
MatchOS    String <-> 10.15.x
Replace    Data<->   8D43BD3C 427722

#8 This patch for X99(Broadwell-E)

Comment    String  <->xcpm_bootstrap Broadwell-E (c) hardcorehenry Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<->   8D43C43C 427722
MatchOS    String <-> 10.15.x
Replace    Data<->   8D43BC3C 427722


#9 This patch for IvyBridge E

Comment    String  <->xcpm_bootstrap IvyBridge E (c) hardcorehenry Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<->   8D43C43C 427722
MatchOS    String <-> 10.15.x
Replace    Data<->   8D43C63C 427722

 #10

Comment    String  <->_C6/C7_If=E2-Enabled=0x7E000403 Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<-> E2000000 4C000000 00000000 00000000 0F040000 00000000 0500001E 
MatchOS    String <-> 10.12.x,10.13.x,10.14.x,10.15.x
Replace    Data<-> E2000000 4C000000 00000000 00000000 0F040000 00000000 0304007E 


#11

Comment    String  <->xcpm MSR Patch 4206 (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<-> 42060000 DC330600 00000000 00000000 1F000000 00000000 18000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 
MatchOS    String <->10.12.x,10.13.x,10.14.x,10.15.x
Replace    Data<-> 42060000 00000000 00000000 00000000 1F000000 00000000 18000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 

#12

Comment    String  <->xcpm support /0x82D390/MSR_PP0_POLICY 0x63a (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<-> 3A060000 DC330600 00000000 00000000 1F 
MatchOS    String <->10.12.x,10.13.x,10.14.x,10.15.x
Replace    Data<-> 3A060000 00000000 00000000 00000000 1F 

#13 Disable panic kext logging on 10.15.5+ Release kernel

Comment    String  <->Disable panic kext logging on   @PMheart/Pike R. Alpha
Disabled   Boolean <-> No
Find       Data<->  8A0284C0 7447
MatchOS    String <->10.14.x,10.15.x
Replace    Data<->  8A0284C0 EB47

@hardcorehenryI really thank for 10.15.5 _bootstrap value.

 

  • Like 1

X99/X299  EFI sample for  10.15.5

 

#This is sample EFI for X99/X299 OC 0.6.0

#Ensure you understand EVERY field before booting.

https://www.insanelymac.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=350551

 

https://www.insanelymac.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=350552

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have a strange issue, I have Catalina 10.15.5 Installed on my ASUS X99-S 5820K System, runs smooth as butter, but the issue i have it's the only version of macOS i can use on it regardless of what SMBIOS I use. For instants I go to installer Mojave it hangs at the installer screen with a spinning beachball and doesn't go any further. but Catalina works not a problem :wallbash: 

On 6/2/2020 at 10:08 AM, dolgarrenan said:

@nmano Is there any way at all to implement patches with latest OC?? I only have a need for the patches while installing, otherwise OC quirks works fine with emulated CPUID and system boots fine..

Hi @dolgarrenan and guys! I've similar build than yours, asus x99a ii with msr locked disabled (special BIOS) and i7 6900k. What I need is a working EFI for my setup with overclock working. I tried this EFI, which works, but with poor geekbench results because it stucks at 3,2ghz instead of 4,3ghz (overclocked). With clover everything its perfect. Im working with 10.15.5. Can you help me pls? Maybe is a SSDT problem, or XPCM, Im not sure. I couldnt add patches, if I do, it wont boot. So strange.

 

Clover EFI 100% working with overclock: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y6V5pGybsiYZpklYfc4_vQX9xskIIW8M/view?usp=sharing

Opencore EFI: working but without overclock: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ExObcakHN8-WBuFo3Wc3Aak7dWMj_zFh/view?usp=sharing

 

 

  • 2 weeks later...

Mac OS Big Sur Beta USB Installer

 

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Beta.app

 

  • Like 1

XCPM 10.16 /11.0 Beta (20A4299v)  X99/X299

 

 

Before test  uncheck your Config.plist

Kernel-> Quirks->

AppleCpuPmCfgLock-No

AppleXcpmExtraMsrs-No

AppleXcpmForceBoost-No

If you are using _xcpm_bootstrap patch you have to Emulate Original CPUID

 

#Kernel->Emulate->Your CPU Original ID

 

#CPUID          Cascade Lake-X 0x050657

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  57060500 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

 

 

 

#CPUID           Skylake-X 0x050654  /Skylake-H 0x0406E3

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  54060500 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

 

#CPUID         0x0306F2   Haswell-E/Haswell 0x0306C3

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  F2060300 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000 

 

#CPUID         0x0406F1   Broadwell-E/Broadwell 0x0306D4

 

Cpuid1Data   <-> F1060400 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->  FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

 

XCPM Patches 10.16 Beta  Modify By N.Mano

 

sysctl -x  hw.cpufamily

sysctl -x  machdep.cpu.model

sysctl -x  machdep.xcpm.forced_idle_period

sysctl -x  machdep.xcpm.forced_idle_ratio

sysctl -x  machdep.xcpm.mode

sysctl -x  machdep.cpu.features

sysctl -x  hw.cputype

 

#1 xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha Modify N.Mano  

Comment    String  <-> xcpm_core_scope_msrs Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled   Boolean <-> Yes
Find       Data<-> 31D2E8FF E0FFFF
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace    Data<-> 31D29090 909090
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

 #2 _xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano

Comment    String  <-> _xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs  Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 31D2E8BD F1FFFF
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 31D29090 909090
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#3 

Comment    String  <-> _xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs #1 Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> BE060000 005DE908 000000
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> BE060000 005DC390 909090
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#4

Comment    String  <-> _xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs_2 Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 31D2E838 FDFFFF
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 31D29090 909090
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#5

Comment    String  <-> __xcpm_enable_pstate_patch Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 41C1E608 4963D689 D048C1EA 20
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 41C1E608 B800FF00 0031D290 90
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#6 This patch for X99(Haswell-E)

Comment    String  <-> xcpm_bootstrap HASwell-E  Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 80C3C480 FB420F
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 80C3C180 FB420F
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#7 This patch for X299(Skylake-X/Cascade Lake-X)

Comment    String  <-> xcpm_bootstrap Skylake-X/Cascade Lake-X  Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 80C3C480 FB420F
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 80C3BD80 FB420F
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#8 This patch for X99(Broadwell-E)

Comment    String  <-> xcpm_bootstrap Broadwell-E Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 80C3C480 FB420F
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 80C3BC80 FB420F
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#9

Comment    String  <-> xcpm_bootstrap IvyBridge E Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 80C3C480 FB420F
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 80C3C680 FB420F
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

 
#10

Comment    String  <-> _C6/C7_If=E2-Enabled=0x7E000403 Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> E2000000 4C000000 00000000 00000000 0F040000 00000000 0500001E
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> E2000000 4C000000 00000000 00000000 0F040000 00000000 0304007E
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0


#11

Comment    String  <-> xcpm MSR Patch 4206  By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 42060000 DC330600 00000000 00000000 1F000000 00000000 18000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 42060000 00000000 00000000 00000000 1F000000 00000000 18000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#12

Comment    String  <-> xcpm support /0x82D390/MSR_PP0_POLICY 0x63a Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 3A060000 DC330600 00000000 00000000 1F
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 3A060000 00000000 00000000 00000000 1F
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0


#13 Disable panic kext logging on 10.16.x Release kernel +0x7700 Modify By N.Mano

Comment    String  <-> Disable panic kext logging on Modify By N.Mano 10.16.x
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 8A0284C0 740D
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 8A0284C0 EB0D
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

 

Edited by nmano
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, nmano said:

XCPM 10.16 /11.0 Beta (20A4299v)  X99/X299

 

 

Before test  uncheck your Config.plist

Kernel-> Quirks->

AppleCpuPmCfgLock-No

AppleXcpmExtraMsrs-No

AppleXcpmForceBoost-No

If you are using _xcpm_bootstrap patch you have to Emulate Original CPUID

 

#Kernel->Emulate->Your CPU Original ID

 

#CPUID          Cascade Lake-X 0x050657

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  57060500 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

 

 

 

#CPUID           Skylake-X 0x050654  /Skylake-H 0x0406E3

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  54060500 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

 

#CPUID         0x0306F2   Haswell-E/Haswell 0x0306C3

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  F2060300 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000 

 

#CPUID         0x0406F1   Broadwell-E/Broadwell 0x0306D4

 

Cpuid1Data   <-> F1060400 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->  FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

 

XCPM Patches 10.16 Beta  Modify By N.Mano

 

sysctl -x  hw.cpufamily

sysctl -x  machdep.cpu.model

sysctl -x  machdep.xcpm.forced_idle_period

sysctl -x  machdep.xcpm.forced_idle_ratio

sysctl -x  machdep.xcpm.mode

sysctl -x  machdep.cpu.features

sysctl -x  hw.cputype

 


#1 xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha Modify N.Mano  

Comment    String  <-> xcpm_core_scope_msrs Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled   Boolean <-> Yes
Find       Data<-> 31D2E8FF E0FFFF
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace    Data<-> 31D29090 909090
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

 #2 _xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs (c) Pike R. Alpha Modify By N.Mano

Comment    String  <-> _xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs  Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 31D2E8BD F1FFFF
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 31D29090 909090
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#3 

Comment    String  <-> _xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs #1 Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> BE060000 005DE908 000000
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> BE060000 005DC390 909090
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#4

Comment    String  <-> _xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs_2 Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 31D2E838 FDFFFF
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 31D29090 909090
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#5

Comment    String  <-> __xcpm_enable_pstate_patch Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 41C1E608 4963D689 D048C1EA 20
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 41C1E608 B800FF00 0031D290 90
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#6 This patch for X99(Haswell-E)

Comment    String  <-> xcpm_bootstrap HASwell-E  Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 80C3C480 FB420F
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 80C3C180 FB420F
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#7 This patch for X299(Skylake-X/Cascade Lake-X)

Comment    String  <-> xcpm_bootstrap Skylake-X/Cascade Lake-X  Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 80C3C480 FB420F
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 80C3BD80 FB420F
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#8 This patch for X99(Broadwell-E)

Comment    String  <-> xcpm_bootstrap Broadwell-E Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 80C3C480 FB420F
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 80C3BC80 FB420F
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#9

Comment    String  <-> xcpm_bootstrap IvyBridge E Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 80C3C480 FB420F
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 80C3C680 FB420F
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

 
#10

Comment    String  <-> _C6/C7_If=E2-Enabled=0x7E000403 Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> E2000000 4C000000 00000000 00000000 0F040000 00000000 0500001E
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> E2000000 4C000000 00000000 00000000 0F040000 00000000 0304007E
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0


#11

Comment    String  <-> xcpm MSR Patch 4206  By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 42060000 DC330600 00000000 00000000 1F000000 00000000 18000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 42060000 00000000 00000000 00000000 1F000000 00000000 18000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

#12

Comment    String  <-> xcpm support /0x82D390/MSR_PP0_POLICY 0x63a Modify By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 3A060000 DC330600 00000000 00000000 1F
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 3A060000 00000000 00000000 00000000 1F
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0


#13 Disable panic kext logging on 10.16.x Release kernel +0x7700 Modify By N.Mano

Comment    String  <-> Disable panic kext logging on Modify By N.Mano 10.16.x
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 8A0284C0 7447
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 8A0284C0 EB0D
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

 

 

 

ON 11.0 

Board huananzhi x99-f8

processor V2678 E5 V3

#CPUID         0x0306F2   Haswell-E/Haswell 0x0306C3

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  F2060300 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000 

 

and the xcpm_bootstrap HASwell-E path i get 'OC Kernel patch xcpm_bootstrap_HASwell_E' is borked

Halting on critical error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and on both 

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  F2060300 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000 

 

or 

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  C3060300 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000 

 

i get 

- Kernel patcher result for kernel Disable panic kext logging on Modify By N.Mano 10.16.x - not found

- Kernel patcher result for kernel xcpm MSR Patch 4206  By N.Mano - not found

 

  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Cclown98 said:

 

 

ON 11.0 

Board huananzhi x99-f8

processor V2678 E5 V3

#CPUID         0x0306F2   Haswell-E/Haswell 0x0306C3

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  F2060300 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000 

 

and the xcpm_bootstrap HASwell-E path i get 'OC Kernel patch xcpm_bootstrap_HASwell_E' is borked

Halting on critical error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and on both 

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  F2060300 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000 

 

or 

 

Cpuid1Data   <->  C3060300 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000 

 

i get 

- Kernel patcher result for kernel Disable panic kext logging on Modify By N.Mano 10.16.x - not found

- Kernel patcher result for kernel xcpm MSR Patch 4206  By N.Mano - not found

 

Thanks for your notification.

Try this.

Cpuid1Data   <->  F2060300 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000 

#11

Comment    String  <-> xcpm MSR Patch 4206  By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 42060000 DC330600 00000000 00000000 1F000000 00000000 18000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 42060000 00000000 00000000 00000000 1F000000 00000000 18000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0
  
#13 Disable panic kext logging on 10.16.x Release kernel +0x7700 Modify By N.Mano

Comment    String  <-> Disable panic kext logging on Modify By N.Mano 10.16.x
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 8A0284C0 740D
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 8A0284C0 EB0D
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

 

Edited by nmano
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, nmano said:

Thanks for your notification.

Try this.

Cpuid1Data   <->  F2060300 00000000 00000000 00000000

Cpuid1Mask  <->   FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000 


#11

Comment    String  <-> xcpm MSR Patch 4206  By N.Mano
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 42060000 DC330600 00000000 00000000 1F000000 00000000 18000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 42060000 00000000 00000000 00000000 1F000000 00000000 18000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0
  
#13 Disable panic kext logging on 10.16.x Release kernel +0x7700 Modify By N.Mano

Comment    String  <-> Disable panic kext logging on Modify By N.Mano 10.16.x
Count:  0
Enabled Boolean <-> Yes
Find        Data<-> 8A0284C0 740D
Identifier: kernel
Limit: 0
Mask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
MatchKernel: 
MinKernel:
Replace     Data<-> 8A0284C0 EB0D
ReplaceMask: (LEAVE THIS EMPTY)
Skip: 0

 

 

thank you so much, those ones worked like a charm just the HASWELL-E bootstraps patch is missing, i used to get about 3.3ghz with that one but without it my processor wont go further than 3.1Ghz

  • Like 1

I have already applied all your patches for a Haswell-E processor on a chinese x99 motherboard and i've got to tell you that it's working absolutely stable with no panic or problems and the also the power management is working fantastic the processor wont get more than 3.00 Ghz when all cores are on max usage but it trows better results on geekbench and  cinebench than the other configurations, by the way im using the bootstrap method

 

Motherboard: HUANANZHI X99-F8

Processor: Intel Xeon E5 2678 V3

OS: Mac OS 11.0 - Big Sur

  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Cclown98 said:

I have already applied all your patches for a Haswell-E processor on a chinese x99 motherboard and i've got to tell you that it's working absolutely stable with no panic or problems and the also the power management is working fantastic the processor wont get more than 3.00 Ghz when all cores are on max usage but it trows better results on geekbench and  cinebench than the other configurations, by the way im using the bootstrap method

 

Motherboard: HUANANZHI X99-F8

Processor: Intel Xeon E5 2678 V3

OS: Mac OS 11.0 - Big Sur

Can you update your Geekbench Result?

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Cclown98 said:

Thanks

Its very nice score=12 core

Geekbench 5.2.0 =6700

X299 18 core

1334790668_ScreenShot2020-06-30at2_24_44PM.thumb.png.82fa47e6b3f1f497e5bbf4a729bf394d.png

 

  • Allan unpinned this topic
×
×
  • Create New...