Open CORE Kernel & Kext patch for X99/X299 motherboard

nmano
Message added by fantomas

The contents of these post are outdated, all the XCPM patches for X99 and similar chipsets can be enabled within Kernel → Quirks section

435 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Антико said:

There is also a lot written on the fence.  Do you think that we did not use these arguments?  And for some reason they only work for you?  (type).  You were politely asked to provide dsdt - as we can see you do not want to do this.  What conclusion can follow from this?  I think you guessed it.

If you like i can give you some help to make your board boot on big sur

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cclown98 said:

ооо, хорошо, я бы поделился своей папкой в сообщении Reddit, я отдам ее вам снова (обновлено), вы можете найти полностью исправленный DSDT (мной) и некоторые SSDT, сделанные @nmano у кого такая же плата, как у меня, Huananzhi X99-F8 с процессорами Haswell-E 

EFI.zip

Well, you see - it was easy to do.  Understand, I'm not trying for myself - there are a lot of us, the owners of x99.  And you don't want to help us)).  Thank you for your understanding.  And if I offended you somehow, I ask you to forgive me.

5 minutes ago, Cclown98 said:

Если хотите, я могу вам помочь, чтобы ваша плата загружалась по-крупному.

Thanks for the offer to help, I am currently on a business trip.  I will come back, I will try again and if I fail, I hope you will not refuse to help me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Антико said:

Well, you see - it was easy to do.  Understand, I'm not trying for myself - there are a lot of us, the owners of x99.  And you don't want to help us)).  Thank you for your understanding.  And if I offended you somehow, I ask you to forgive me.

Thanks for the offer to help, I am currently on a business trip.  I will come back, I will try again and if I fail, I hope you will not refuse to help me.

do not worry this is a big community and we're trying to help each other i simply didnt share the dsdt when you said because i did not see the message, and no i'm not offended we talk many different languages and have different cultures so i understand that we've got different ways of expressing ourselves

Remember it's easier to install Catalina using a sata disk dump your dsdt tables patch it then upgrade to Big Sur since big sur has many problems related to NVMe disks and sometimes you'll only get kernel panics trying to boot the installation disk and you won't see why, some messages like CR2 processor panic type 02, type 04 which i've found they are related to NVMe, also try to use dsdttime to get your SSDT-PLUG.aml or use  because some processors will just "freeze" if you don't have it, if you haven't still patched your dsdt don't use 3.0 ports for installing also dump SSDT-EC.aml, once you are able to boot catalina or big sur, you can Look for "Mald0n" who could generate a fully patched dsdt for you he is probably the most experienced person on ACPI tables patching

Edited by Cclown98
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cclown98 said:

не волнуйтесь, это большое сообщество, и мы пытаемся помочь друг другу, я просто не поделился dsdt, когда вы сказали, потому что я не видел сообщения, и нет, я не обижен, мы говорим на многих разных языках и у нас разные культуры поэтому я понимаю, что у нас есть разные способы самовыражения

Помните, что проще установить Catalina, используя дамп sata-диска, ваши таблицы dsdt исправляют его, а затем обновляют до Big Sur, так как у big sur много проблем, связанных с дисками NVMe, и иногда вы получаете только панику ядра при попытке загрузить установочный диск, и вы выигрываете ' Я понимаю, почему некоторые сообщения, такие как CR2 processor panic type 02, type 04, которые, как я обнаружил, связаны с проблемами NVMe, также попробуйте использовать dsdttime, чтобы получить SSDT-PLUG.aml, или используйте, потому что некоторые процессоры просто "зависают" если у вас его нет, если вы еще не пропатчили свой dsdt, не используйте порты 3.0 для установки, а также дамп SSDT-EC.aml, как только вы сможете загрузить catalina или big sur, вы можете поискать "Mald0n" "кто мог бы сгенерировать для вас полностью пропатченный dsdt, он, вероятно, самый опытный человек в исправлении таблиц ACPI

Thank you for your detailed answer.  The fact is that Catalina works great for me, but the problem with Big Sur.  The score is 6-0 in favor of Big Sur)).  I went to "" Mald0n "but alas! He couldn't help me. Hope it works out here.

• Like 1

I am studiyng this page on the opencore desktop guide because i can't find awac in my system dsdt, do you think that this might be the answer to the infamous x99 big sur kernel panic? https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/Universal/awac-methods/manual.html#rtc0-method

EDIT: About @Cclown98's dsdt the rtc in there is configured very wiredly but according also to what i have observed rtc changes are not making any significant difference, likely we have to investigate something related to the pci devices in orther to understand why you can boot into big sur

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mike Ranger said:

@ITzTravelInTime so your conclusion is that it is not about the RTC method?

I would certainly help, however my knowledge is not sufficient.

probably, but we need to debug big sur's IOPCIFamily instruction by instruction to see what exactly triggers the kernel panic, maybe a kext patch done by the bootlaoder can fix it just by forcing the function to return some known good value, the rtc problem could be an issue in later stages of the boot process but we don't know yet since we can't reach that stages yet, in the meanwhile i am checking what's missing on my system's dsdt and thinking what's really needed so i can put together an ssdt to add the missing stuff, i am already trying by renaming methods and devices to the same names used in apple's own dsdts for macs

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

возможно, но нам нужно отладить инструкцию big sur IOPCIFamily по инструкции, чтобы увидеть, что именно вызывает панику ядра, возможно, исправление kext, выполненное загрузчиком, может исправить это, просто заставив функцию возвращать какое-то известное хорошее значение, проблема rtc может быть проблема на более поздних этапах процесса загрузки, но мы еще не знаем, так как мы еще не можем достичь этих этапов, тем временем я проверяю, чего не хватает в dsdt моей системы, и думаю, что действительно нужно, чтобы я мог собрать ssdt чтобы добавить недостающий материал, я уже пытаюсь переименовать методы и устройства в те же имена, что и в собственных dsdts от Apple для Mac

Thank you for the initiative!  Tell me how we can help you?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Если у вас asus или гигабайтная плата, можете ли вы проверить, содержит ли ваш dsdt устройство FWHD?

Unfortunately, I am still on a business trip.  Will be back (hopefully) in a couple of days.  Only then can I look.  ((

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Если у вас asus или гигабайтная плата, можете ли вы проверить, содержит ли ваш dsdt устройство FWHD?

Однако у меня на телефоне есть копия dsdt))

DSDT — копия.aml.zip

Perhaps you can take a look?

Edited by Антико

1 hour ago, Антико said:

Однако у меня на телефоне есть копия dsdt))

DSDT — копия.aml.zip

Perhaps you can take a look?

i took a look, it looks very similar to mine, and you too don't have the FWHD and ARTC device, while the chinese mobo has that and boots, perhaps adding it will fix the issue

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Я посмотрел, он очень похож на мой, и у вас тоже нет устройства FWHD и ARTC, в то время как китайский mobo имеет это и загружается, возможно, добавление его решит проблему

Think you should try adding them?  But what are they responsible for?  I don't really understand DSDT))).

Sorry, translation difficulties))

Edited by Антико

18 minutes ago, Антико said:

Think you should try adding them?  But what are they responsible for?  I don't really understand DSDT))).

Sorry, translation difficulties))

Yes but i don't know how to create an ssdt for that, i have attempted but without success

• Like 1

I don't know if it'll solve your problem.

SSDT-FWHD(not tested), edit Scope if not the same.

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "HACK", "FWHD", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.LPCB, DeviceObj)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB)
    {
        If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
        {
            Device (FWHD)
            {
                Name (_HID, EisaId ("INT0800") /* Intel 82802 Firmware Hub Device */)  // _HID: Hardware ID
                Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
                {
                    Memory32Fixed (ReadOnly,
                        0xFF000000,         // Address Base
                        0x01000000,         // Address Length
                        )
                })
            }
        }
    }
}

Edited by hardcorehenry
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

I don't know if it'll solve your problem.

SSDT-FWHD(not tested), make sure you have the same Scope

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "HACK", "FWHD", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.LPCB, DeviceObj)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB)
    {
        If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
        {
            Device (FWHD)
            {
                Name (_HID, EisaId ("INT0800") /* Intel 82802 Firmware Hub Device */)  // _HID: Hardware ID
                Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
                {
                    Memory32Fixed (ReadOnly,
                        0xFF000000,         // Address Base
                        0x01000000,         // Address Length
                        )
                })
            }
        }
    }
}

I think it's prettymuch it, but on x99 system it's LPC0 instead of LPCB and a renaming patch doesn't work for it

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

Rename it manually(not via patch) and compile it.

Reveal hidden contents

701171499_ScreenShot2020-09-16at8_13_43PM.thumb.png.5e5482b601b3f1cbf7827113ccce62c9.png

It works, i get the FWHD device into ioregistry explorer but i still got the same kp, i will continue to look at the differences beetwenn the dsdt of my system and the working one and see if there is anything else in need of a patch

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

It works, i get the FWHD device into ioregistry explorer but i still got the same kp, i will continue to look at the differences beetwenn the dsdt of my system and the working one and see if there is anything else in need of a patch

I don't think the problem is dsdt.

1 minute ago, AslashA said:

I don't think the problem is dsdt.

I am just hipong to find something honestly, the proper way to investigate the issue is to debug ioacpiplatform plugin or iopcifamily and seeing what the code does with a source code release

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

i will continue to look at the differences beetwenn the dsdt of my system and the working one and see if there is anything else in need of a patch

I am attaching the original tables of my motherboard Huananzhi X99 F8 from AIDA64. You can compare.
In the system, I use a custom dsdt with additional ssdt tables.

Tables X99.zip

• Like 2