Open CORE Kernel & Kext patch for X99/X299 motherboard

nmano
Message added by fantomas

The contents of these post are outdated, all the XCPM patches for X99 and similar chipsets can be enabled within Kernel → Quirks section

435 posts in this topic

XCPM 10.15.6 & 10.15.7 patches are same.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is useful but i have been trying also to install Big Sur with Opencore on Asus X99 Deluxe / i7 5960x and even though i get stuck, i don't get the kernel panic that everybody seems to get.

I may have done something different but I have created/patched my SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml and then apply the various kext and kernel patches in config.plist.

I'm getting stuck at PCI Configuration Begin and I'm trying to figure out what i have done wrong. If anyone has any view that would be much appreciated.

I have my EFI and boot screen.

Thanks a lot

TEST OC - EFI 30 SEPT 2020.zip

BOOT ERROR.jpg

The question is does this (your)efi boot catalina? I looked at your config.plist and your quirks are quite a bit different than mine. I can't give you any answers, but I do know that there are many of us that have x99 and the only ones that seem to have BigSur @dMatik and @pitrysha refuse to answer repeated requests for help. The opencore creators have sluffed us off and clover is going in the opencore integration route that probably won't help us anyway. So we are on our own and there is only 1 person with the wherewithall and that's @ ITzTravelInTime,  and he's got it narrowed, but we need help from apple(source code) or someone with a better insight than we have with what we have now. I'm not buying a new rig until Dortania is amended to say x99s are through in Macos

• Like 1

I'm not taking the easy road as while i'm trying to move to Big Sur i'm trying to do the jump to Opencore at the same time... To answer your question, my Catalina boots with Clover at the moment. I have tried with Opencore but i'm getting stuck at the same point so clearly there is something that i'm not doing well...

I will continue digging and probably first to focus on booting my Catalina with Opencore and then try onto Big sur. And maybe by that time someone will have seen the light.

15 minutes ago, rvilbert said:

I'm not taking the easy road as while i'm trying to move to Big Sur i'm trying to do the jump to Opencore at the same time... To answer your question, my Catalina boots with Clover at the moment. I have tried with Opencore but i'm getting stuck at the same point so clearly there is something that i'm not doing well...

I will continue digging and probably first to focus on booting my Catalina with Opencore and then try onto Big sur. And maybe by that time someone will have seen the light.

Take a look at my config.plist. You need both cfg locks checked if you don't have a cfg unlock in your BIOS. you probably need applexpcmextramsrs in Kernel quirks and just disable the xpcm patches you have for the time being as it's supposedly integrated, make note of the quirks I have different than you in Booter. Maybe just take my config add in your kexts and cpuid and see if that boots catalina. I spent forever trying every little quirk and Dortania is not accurate. I expressed it to the opencore creators and they sluffed me off. So that's why I was pulling for clover, but they succumbed to opencore integration so we're stuck, maybe forever, good luck!

config.plist

Edited by jmacie

9 minutes ago, rvilbert said:

Thanks a lot. I will try your config and let you know if i succeed ... (even if i'm not)

you do need to add in your smbios, and the cfg locks in kernel quirks,(my BIOS is unlocked cfg)

Edited by jmacie

You are a star!! I managed to boot with Opencore on Catalina copying your config. Thank you very much! I'm sure you spent ages figuring this out.

I tried the same config with Big Sur and ... I ended up with a lovely Kernel panic... so i guess i'm now at the same point with all of you guys.

Not sure if this help but here are the boot screen and my config.plist. 

Thank you again :)

config.plist.zip

boot screen.jpg

• Like 1

yep, happy sailing! same kp same ol same ol. We'll get it sorted at some point. When BigSur is released we can get the word out on reddit, they don't allow beta support. I would say spam opencore thread and BigSur thread, but they think we suck, but I think older x79 has the same KP so that might be another group to get involved later on. Take care, keep an eye out!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AslashA said:

Does it even make sense to do all this after Apple decided to switch to ARM architecture? I think the meaning is minimal.

we do still have like 3 years of compatibility with intel also, the operative systems will continue having support for like 5 years

• Like 3

On 9/30/2020 at 2:24 PM, jmacie said:

I spent forever trying every little quirk and Dortania is not accurate.

Would be nice if you PRed a fix or at least filed an issue on the Dortania bugtracker. It would certainly be more effective than complaining that Dortania is not accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Whait, how did you do it? did you get that infamus iopcifamily kernel panic as the other people did?

Go on that thread on the other board. I tried to get help from him there are some efi's that some posted. The one they tried to help me with didn't work, but you can look at their efi post #31 it might help, it didn't help me. One of the things someone was suggesting was smbios imac 15.1 or .2, that didn't work, then I tried to work with the efi they posted and the one they made me did not work, but you might glean something from post #31. They were also editing @mahmut's dsdt, don't know what that entailed, dead ends still

Edited by jmacie

6 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Whait, how did you do it? did you get that infamus iopcifamily kernel panic as the other people did?

We with acidanthera (OpenCore developers) working on correct patch and/or SSDT. But now you can remove UNCx sections from DSDT and patch RTC. It's working for me.

Edited by RemB
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@RemB   I appreciate your efforts. Hopefully you'll succeed and we can move forward with our x99. I don't understand exactly how to affect these patches, but maybe @ITzTravelInTime can relate it to us. Thanks again, johnm

edit- well yes this got me past KP. I could not boot, BUT!, we are on our way. I did not understand the instructions above you gave about UNCx or rtc patch, but I went on the other board where you had taken mahmet's dsdt and fixed it. I compared mahmet's asus x99 dsdt to mine,  and then looked at the patched dsdt you made and decided his dsdt was approx.the same, so I threw caution to the wind and used the dsdt you patched for mahmet and it did get me way past the KP, I just froze up quite a bit down the line. I totally understand you cannot use a different MB model's dsdt. I'm sure that if my dsdt is patched I will succeed or at least I believe in your work and that ultimately we will succeed with yours and acidanthera's help and expertise. Until then I will plug away. Thank you all, and hopefully @ITzTravelInTime will be able to put this in more laymans terms for each of us!

Putting up my unpatched dsdt if you might consider helping me, Thanks johnm

dsdt.aml

edit again, SUCCESS!!!. Using a dsdt for a different model motherboard, crazy. I left my frozen stuck install while I typed this comment on a different computer. When I clicked over to the install it was ready to install BigSur, so WOW, it's been ulcers for 10+ weeks, and now at least we are not lost souils. @RemB you are my hero. We will get this ironed out and help all the x99ers out there. The patch from acidanthera and you would be sweet. And hopefully I'll get my dsdt properly patched for my board!! I'll keep this updated

Edited by jmacie
  • Like 2

Могли бы вы мне тоже помочь? Я сделал исправление по вашему совету _ но увы!

DSDT.aml

DSDT.dsl

1 час назад RemB сказал:

Мы с acidanthera (разработчики OpenCore) работаем над правильным патчем и / или SSDT. Но теперь вы можете удалить UNCx-разделы из DSDT и исправить RTC. У меня это работает.

Edited by Антико

29 minutes ago, Антико said:

Могли бы вы мне тоже помочь? Я сделал исправление по вашему совету _ но увы!

DSDT.aml

DSDT.dsl

Мне не удается скачать приложенные файлы. Но думаю сегодня ближе к вечеру будет решение без правки ДСДТ.

• Like 2

2 минуты назад RemB сказал:

Мне не удается скачать приложенные файлы . Но думаю сегодня ближе к вечеру будет решение без правки ДСДТ.

Моя вина, неправильно отредактировал сообщение. Увы, уже в дороге. Подождём, спасибо большое. 

5 hours ago, RemB said:

Мне не удается скачать приложенные файлы. Но думаю сегодня ближе к вечеру будет решение без правки ДСДТ.

Почему то ошибку выдает DSDT при компиляции(применил ваш совет) Исправить не могу.

Может глянете?:thumbsup_anim: (Терпения уже не хватает:w00t:)

Снимок+экрана+2020-10-14+в+07.55.11.png

DSDT.dsl