Open CORE Kernel & Kext patch for X99/X299 motherboard

nmano
Message added by fantomas

The contents of these post are outdated, all the XCPM patches for X99 and similar chipsets can be enabled within Kernel → Quirks section

435 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Mike Ranger said:

Does it have to be a DSDT.... can we create a SSDT as well?

Do we understand what the critical portion is?

I did not get installed, but it is nearly there. Yes they do have the understanding to fix it. I  get to the point in the beginning of the installation, then it freezes up. @RemB said he and acidanthera are making a patch, so I know we're on our way!

14 hours ago, RemB said:

We with acidanthera (OpenCore developers) working on correct patch and/or SSDT. But now you can remove UNCx sections from DSDT and patch RTC. It's working for me.

Checked your work. I think that дoading is affected by correct error correction (there are 31 of them). How do I fix them on the fly ? @nmano tried to do this but it only fixed 9 bugs. There is no need to cut SCKx and UNCx. DSDT with which I load , in the archive

Архив.zip

2 minutes ago, Антико said:

А где на лайфе? Что то не видел ничего) Спасибо. 

Завтра. А пока пора спать... Надо все подготовить.

Edited by RemB
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RemB said:

Завтра. А пока пора спать ... Надо все подготовить.

Попутный вопрос - на x79 рабочий метод? Для товарища интересуюсь. 

1 hour ago, RemB said:

Надо смотреть DSDT.

DSDT делал MaLd0n c Olarila. SSDT через ssdtPRGen.sh. Был на Clover-e, для Big Sur перешел на ОС 0.5.9 с этими же DSDT и SSDT. Каталина работала везде нормально, а Big Sur выдает ошибку при установке такую как у вас вроде. Буду очень рад если сможете помочь и к моей платформе. Заранее спасибо!

DSDT did MaLd0n from Olarila. SSDT I did by ssdtPRGen.sh. I was on Clover, and for Big Sur migrate to ОС 0.5.9 with the same DSDT and SSDT. Catalina works well on both loaders but Big Sur gives an error in installing, and the error looks like yours. Will be very appreciative if you help my platform too. Thanks!

IMG_5564.JPG

DSDT.aml

SSDT.aml

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, jmacie said:

@RemB   I appreciate your efforts. Hopefully you'll succeed and we can move forward with our x99. I don't understand exactly how to affect these patches, but maybe @ITzTravelInTime can relate it to us. Thanks again, johnm

edit- well yes this got me past KP. I could not boot, BUT!, we are on our way. I did not understand the instructions above you gave about UNCx or rtc patch, but I went on the other board where you had taken mahmet's dsdt and fixed it. I compared mahmet's asus x99 dsdt to mine,  and then looked at the patched dsdt you made and decided his dsdt was approx.the same, so I threw caution to the wind and used the dsdt you patched for mahmet and it did get me way past the KP, I just froze up quite a bit down the line. I totally understand you cannot use a different MB model's dsdt. I'm sure that if my dsdt is patched I will succeed or at least I believe in your work and that ultimately we will succeed with yours and acidanthera's help and expertise. Until then I will plug away. Thank you all, and hopefully @ITzTravelInTime will be able to put this in more laymans terms for each of us!

Putting up my unpatched dsdt if you might consider helping me, Thanks johnm

dsdt.aml

edit again, SUCCESS!!!. Using a dsdt for a different model motherboard, crazy. I left my frozen stuck install while I typed this comment on a different computer. When I clicked over to the install it was ready to install BigSur, so WOW, it's been ulcers for 10+ weeks, and now at least we are not lost souils. @RemB you are my hero. We will get this ironed out and help all the x99ers out there. The patch from acidanthera and you would be sweet. And hopefully I'll get my dsdt properly patched for my board!! I'll keep this updated

Can you share your EFI folder ? :)

@nyu1985 I could put up my efi, but it didn't ultimately work. @RemB is getting us a ssdt patch tomorrow, and that might be better. If you have a working opencore Catalina you can add the dsdt that was patched for my asus x99, but I don't know if it will work on yours, plus I think a ssdt patch tomorrow will work better than my patched dsdt

DSDT.aml

edit-- one post back is the ssdt I'm gonna try it and see!!!

Edited by jmacie

2 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

WOW, can't belive that the fix was this simple, totally overlooked that since the dsdt in the x99 system that bootted big sur seemed to have the same unc devices from the systems that had the kp.

EDIT: it works i got rid of the kernel panic, but you need to combine it iwth the rtc patch, luckly i already have that done in the bootloader

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dracoflar said:

@jmacie Were you only using the SSDT-UNC or were you also pairing it with SSDT-RTC0-RANGE? X99 require both

Also was it a kernel panic or a stall at PCI Configuration Begins stage?

I had only used the ssdt-unc. RemB did say the rtc need a patch but I gave him my dsdt yesterday and he gave it back patched. I couldn't see that he'd patched the rtc. I will add in the ssdt-rtc0 range and try again. I was frozen right after pci config begin

edit- after adding the ssdt-rtc0 range patch with a different path from the sample (PCI0 as opposed to PCO0) and only using the necessary updated kexts I did get booted to installer, but I bomb on the 2nd section of the install. Hopefully I can get this cleared up soon, Thank you Dracoflar

edit- 100% works. two ssdt patches, UNC and rtc0 range I took a different drive that had BigSur already installed and put it in my x99. It booted straight up! So we're home free, only 11 weeks late, but better late, then spend another couple grand! @RemB, you are our king! Thank you! X 10!!

Edited by jmacie

1 minute ago, Антико said:

The installation has started, but I have problems with the installer, I will have to download Big Sur again. But we are on the right track!

Yeah, I couldn't install directly, but yes, we are FINALLY on our WAY!!!!

• Like 1

9 часов назад RemB сказал:

Завтра на applelife.ru и здесь (ССДЦ). GA-X99-UD5-WiFi сейчас работает.

Большое спасибо за простое, но в то же время элегантное решение!: thumbsup_anim:

Большое вам спасибо, за простое, но в тоже время элегантное решение!

(жаль, что без референдума памятник не поставить!:))

Edited by Антико
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1