Open CORE Kernel & Kext patch for X99/X299 motherboard

nmano
Message added by fantomas

The contents of these post are outdated, all the XCPM patches for X99 and similar chipsets can be enabled within Kernel → Quirks section

435 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2020 at 9:59 PM, Cclown98 said:

Same on DP 4, just one patch is missing

xcpm_core_scope_msrs Modify By N.Mano

all the others work like a charm

Same on DP 5, just one patch is missing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/5/2020 at 10:59 PM, Cclown98 said:

Same on DP 4, just one patch is missing

Please update DP5 Kernel I will check.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Mike Ranger said:

Здравствуй

Есть ли здесь какие-либо обновления системы X99 относительно Big Sur ... Есть ли успехи?

Моя система не загружается.

С уважением, Майкл

Good afternoon, not yet, there is a problem with the installation.  No solution yet.

Edited by Антико
O

44 minutes ago, Mike Ranger said:

Hi

Any updated here from X99 systems regarding Big Sur..... any success so far?

I do not get my system to boot.

Regards, Michael

Upgraded from Cataline to Big Sur without any problems.

Used the @Matik folder

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, pitrysha said:

Перешли с Каталин на Биг Сур без проблем.

Использовал папку @Matik

You deployed the image through a virtual machine, which is not the same as installing from a USB flash drive.  The method is working - but not entirely honest and convenient.

42 minutes ago, Антико said:

You deployed the image through a virtual machine, which is not the same as installing from a USB flash drive.  The method is working - but not entirely honest and convenient.

How does a system update relate to a virtual machine?

31 минуту назад питрыша сказал:

Как обновление системы связано с виртуальной машиной?

Пойдем без эмоций. Несколько человек не могут не установить, обновить свой х99. У вас получилось? Извините - пока я не увижу, как вы это сделали, я не поверю. Я попробовал эту папку, о которой вы писали, и я не единственный, кто пытался использовать эту папку - безрезультатно.

P.S It would be highly appreciated if you could help us

Edited by Антико
O

9 hours ago, pitrysha said:

How does a system update relate to a virtual machine?

@pitrysha I can't use @dMatik folder on my x99. I tried to use it as a guide, but @dMatik has dsdt(unpatched) (which Dortania says not to use) and 10 ssdt files of which I have no idea how they were generated. To top it off in deviceProperties there is a slew of properties that I don't understand. If you have any insight as to how we other x99 board users can get BigSur to boot I would appreciate your help. It seems vit and d-fritz and pavo say it's an Apple bug, because we kernel panic with an iopcifamily.kext issue. I can boot catalina with opencore, but BigSur has some issue that many of us including the opencore creators cannot figure out. but you have it working. At least help us sort out what we are doing wrong, if you please

here's my config.plist that boots Catalina, maybe you can look at it thank you

config.plist

Edited by jmacie
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 5:40 AM, Cclown98 said:

Here it is my efi folder without my dsdt patches, it's fully working on Mac OS 11.0 DP2 with a x99 board and a xeon E5-2678 v3 processor 

https://mega.nz/file/CVRG0KAD#NOTnoCj1DA3yzOsSF6UKHPGQ_9BsUeht-CJSZUz-1sc

Which x99 board? if it's one of those chinese ones can you extract and send your dsdt? it tourns out chinese motherboard are able to boot into big sur since their bios is implemented differently and so i'd like to see what's different from a regular oem baord and so create a set of patches to allow people to boot it on your asus, gigabyte and so on boards

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nyu1985 said:

I don't have such board (Huananzhi X99-F8) but you can find original bioses here : http://www.miyconst.com/Blog/View/2082/original-bios-for-chinese-x99-motherboards

Thank you but i need the dsdt, and i think that any chinese board should be able to boot or almost any so whatever chinese board you have, send me the dsdt

2 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Какая плата x99? если это один из тех китайских, можешь ли ты извлечь и отправить свой dsdt? Это означает, что китайская материнская плата может загружаться в большой сюрприз, поскольку их BIOS реализован по-другому, и поэтому я хотел бы увидеть, что отличается от обычного OEM-сервера, и поэтому создаю набор патчей, чтобы люди могли загружать его на ваш asus, гигабайт и тд платы

Скорее всего это неверный путь, он не устанавливался с флешки, а разворачивался из-под виртуальной машины.

19 minutes ago, Антико said:

Lo más probable es que esta sea la forma incorrecta, no se instaló desde una unidad flash USB, sino que se implementó desde debajo de una máquina virtual.

you are wrong, that post was made by me, initially i installed it using vmware with a physical disk, but i have been able to install it using a external disk with my fully patched dsdt

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cclown98 said:

Вы ошибаетесь, этот пост был сделан мной, изначально я установил его с помощью vmware с физического диска, но я смог установить его с помощью внешнего диска с моим полностью исправленным dsdt

Okay, please excuse me if I hit you with something.  But we would like to take a look at your dsdt.  Hope this is possible?

@Cclown98

I would be very interested to see how you did it.

Unless you have that chinese brand board which seems to work.

I read in other forum there is one Chinese Board that is working for some reason, all big brands like Asus or Gigabyte dont work, so hardware related.

Thanks for also sharing your hardware signature

Edited by Mike Ranger

21 minutes ago, Mike Ranger said:

@Cclown98

I would be very interested to see how you did it.

Unless you have that chinese brand board which seems to work.

I read in other forum there is one Chinese Board that is working for some reason, all big brands like Asus or Gigabyte dont work, so hardware related.

Thanks for also sharing your hardware signature

dMatik — motherboard asus x99 deluxe

nmano — a board like gigabit x99 (he patches for processors in which system  does, as you think)

EFI folders they posted here, you must adapt them to your configuration

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike Ranger said:

@ Cclown98

Мне было бы очень интересно посмотреть, как вы это сделали.

Если только у вас нет той китайской торговой доски, которая, кажется, работает.

Я читал на другом форуме, что есть одна китайская плата, которая по какой-то причине работает, все крупные бренды, такие как Asus или Gigabyte, не работают, поэтому это связано с оборудованием.

Спасибо, что поделились подписью вашего оборудования

So far, except for words - there are no real facts of what they installed from the flash drive.

3 hours ago, Mike Ranger said:

@ Payaso98

Me interesaría mucho ver cómo lo hiciste.

A menos que tenga esa placa de marca china que parece funcionar.

Leí en otro foro que hay una placa china que está funcionando por alguna razón, todas las grandes marcas como Asus o Gigabyte no funcionan, por lo que están relacionadas con el hardware.

Gracias por compartir también su firma de hardware

33 minutes ago, Антико said:

Hasta ahora, a excepción de las palabras, no hay hechos reales de lo que instalaron desde la unidad flash.

As you both can see the username of the user who made post on reddit so yeah i've got a chinese motherboard with a patched microcode bios  (done by myself) i've been able to boot usb installation by adding vsmcgen=1 boot arg

Edited by Cclown98
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cclown98 said:

As you both can see the username of the user who made post on reddit so yeah i've got a chinese motherboard with a patched microcode bios  (done by myself) i've been able to boot usb installation by adding vsmcgen=1 boot arg

There is also a lot written on the fence.  Do you think that we did not use these arguments?  And for some reason they only work for you?  (type).  You were politely asked to provide dsdt - as we can see you do not want to do this.  What conclusion can follow from this?  I think you guessed it.

12 minutes ago, Антико said:

There is also a lot written on the fence.  Do you think that we did not use these arguments?  And for some reason they only work for you?  (type).  You were politely asked to provide dsdt - as we can see you do not want to do this.  What conclusion can follow from this?  I think you guessed it.

ohhh ok i'd have shared my folder on the reddit post i'll give it to you again (updated) you can find a fully patched DSDT (by me) and some SSDT made by @nmano who has same board than me, Huananzhi X99-F8 using Haswell-E processors 

EFI.zip