[How To] Solutions for Wireless Problems

Rammjet

173 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those of you with Atheros chip 168c,0013:

Mine worked great first reboot after following the guide, however, on subsequent reboots, no wireless netrworks were found.

After much experimentation, I find that by adding a couple lines to /etc/rc/shutdown/local I was good to go even after restarts and sleep. Here are the lines I added:

sudo rm /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/*
sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Hope this helps others with Airport issues after restarts!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK it didnt work for me

None of the wifi enabling scripts work for me.

I have an HP Pavilion vz5000 w/ broadcom internal wifi

Everytime i try one of thescripts or kexts i guess thy are called I get theerror pop up after i reboot

Check my attachmentfor pop up

Any help is greatlt appreciated

feel free to email me

tramane.moulton[at]gmail[dot]com

oh im using goatseckx osx86 10.4.6 and i have a pentium 4 2.8 w/ 512mb ram

error.tiff

• 2 weeks later...

i have a built-in Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG but as of this writing theres no working driver. can i use some pcmcia wireless card? it wouldnt be a problem if i use linux or windows xp having 2 wireless cards?

i have a dell wireless 1505 (its got support for wireless n) that isn't working (running 10.4.6). i know that some older models of dell wireless cards are supported as-is in osx... is there any way i could alter a driver for one of those to run my current card?

luckily my ethernet card works just fine though

• 2 weeks later...
i have a dell wireless 1505 (its got support for wireless n) that isn't working (running 10.4.6). i know that some older models of dell wireless cards are supported as-is in osx... is there any way i could alter a driver for one of those to run my current card?

luckily my ethernet card works just fine though

Can someone tell me if the Dell wireless 1505 works out of the box with Mac OS X 10.4.9? (I really need to know because i want to buy something that works well but Dell dont have the Wireless 1500 cards anymore... )

if i'll buy NETGEAR Wireless 802.11g USB 2.0 Adapter, will this thing works in osx10.4.8??thanks
I'm using LevelOne WNC-0301USB, (usb device) Hardware version 3. Got the driver from:-http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html(JaS Mac OS X 10.4.8)Good luck! ;)
I instaled the ralink driver from ralink corp but it shows no device...?please tell what to do step by step please...and fr the thread starter..sorry i post it here.. do not where else to postthanks
Maybe the driver not for your hardware. What is your hardware?

• 2 weeks later...

SMCWUSB-G (Ez Connect 802.11g Wireless USB2.0 Adapter)

This Wifi adapter have a ZyDAS chipset, so Altheros doesn't support anymore OSX, anyway on this site you can have the drivers and also some interesting hack info.

the drivers here.

This drivers usually need to plug in the USB adapter after boot / sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Thus, are we being patient in vain? Will it be 1 month or one freakin year? Though the Sigmatel 9200 had a happy ending!

I'm about to swap the 3945 out. What is the best g or n unit that has won't drain the battery, is a solid connector- and is available via the local computer shop?