BrcmPatchRAM2 for 10.15 Catalina (Broadcom bluetooth firmware upload)

headkaze
429 posts in this topic

It works very well, thanks for the great work you do and help us to the least we know how to continue to enjoy this great operating system.

Successfully modified BrcmBluetoothInjector-Info.plist and BrcmPatchRAM2-Info.plist for BCM943602BAED

1442205073_Capturadepantalla2019-06-20alas22_37_49.thumb.png.6a24be090fe139b9de49affcc5f50941.png

Edited by thetwoangels

i'm sorry,but it just doesn't work properly on my laptop with 1820a(BL Id is 0a5c_6412),when I patched the kexts and reboot after rebuild kextcache,it got stucked with the picture below.Anyone can help me out?Glad for any advice,thanks!

Screenshot_20190620-114713.png

IMG_20190620_115257.jpg

On 6/20/2019 at 2:53 AM, mengls said:

I patched the kexts and reboot after rebuild kextcache

This method does not involve patching any kexts and you do not need to rebuild kextcache as you should be copying the kexts to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Hello @headkaze thanks for your work! I have an issue with my DW-1560 0x216f BCM20702A0. Basically this morning I booted up Catalina on a cold boot and the system took awhile to boot and when it did, I had no BT or WiFi. I had the latest Clover applied with your kexts applied to Clover/kexts/Other. I went back to just using the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext from the one I found on the preRelease forum which didn't have this issue, but on a cold boot, I have to boot into Windows to get BT to detect any devices so it is a tradeoff.

Please let me know if you need anything else to help.

1 hour ago, Andrw0380 said:

Please let me know if you need anything else to help.

I'm not the author of this driver (darkvoid and RehabMan are). All I did was make some modifications so they will compile and run on Catalina.

If these drivers worked on Mojave for you they will most likely work on Catalina. Other than adding any missing VID/PID's I am not likely to be much help.

The only other suggestion I can make is to compile the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and install them to /Library/Extensions. Apparently this is necessary for some people. Read the instructions on Github for more information.

Edited by headkaze

17 hours ago, headkaze said:

I'm not the author of this driver (darkvoid and RehabMan are). All I did was make some modifications so they will compile and run on Catalina.

If these drivers worked on Mojave for you they will most likely work on Catalina. Other than adding any missing VID/PID's I am not likely to be much help.

The only other suggestion I can make is to compile the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and install them to /Library/Extensions. Apparently this is necessary for some people. Read the instructions on Github for more information.

Thanks for the suggestion. I realized you were not the author I was just mentioning as didn't have the issue with Rehabman's repo on Mojave. Also wanted to ask you if this commit is added to your source? https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/pull/68 as this helped a few people when awake from sleep on Mojave including myself. Thanks again for your work on this and other projects!