BrcmPatchRAM2 for 10.15 Catalina (Broadcom bluetooth firmware upload)

headkaze
429 posts in this topic

On 12/19/2023 at 11:04 AM, LockDown said:

@arsradu

Have you tried this in OC...?

Hey there! :)

Thank you very much for replying!

Yep... It's already added.

Does it work for you? Or do you have a similar/identical chipset? Or does the microphone work fine for you on Sonoma in general? I mean, with BT accessories.

Update:

I've removed those lines from config (NVRAM) and I've put back all three kexts (BlueToolFixup, BrcmFirmwareData and BrcmPatchRAM3). Same iseue, but now when I switch from Output to Input, the sound doesn't stop anymore, but it changes into a "wider" sound. Like it's playing louder... Not sure that's intended or not.

Anyway, unfortunately the input issue remains the same.

Anyone else has got this issue?

Edited by arsradu

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Just in case someone else comes across this post, I managed to fix this issue by upgrading the dongle to an ASUS USB-BT500, which seems to be working perfectly by default with Sonoma.

No kexts necessary.

Sorry, you still need the kexts. But at least this way the mic works, as well.

Edited by arsradu
  • Thanks 1

Hello everybody...

I got a Elite Desk G2 800, OpenCore, on Monterey. When I click on Bluetooth, in the System Info, I got "BCM_4350C2", so I went to https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

and dl-ed BrcmPatchRAM3.kext and BlueToolFixup.kext... I added them to my kext folders, modify my config to add these kext... and nothing. (I tried with BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, too... just in case)

I can't activated BT.. I probably missed someting...can someone give me a hint ? TY ! 🙂