[pre-release] macOS Mojave 10.14.5

gengik84

166 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2019 at 5:50 PM, Max.1974 said:

Hi all, im notice that without any patches in clover or in kext, my Vega RX 64 Vega in Mojave beta 10.14.5 have glitches on boot...

Any idea? Thx!! :(

On 4/11/2019 at 2:29 AM, Moviemakergr said:

Νο idea but i have the same,some glitches close to the end of boot screen.. :)

Known bug since beta 2 with AMD dGPU's. Same for me (purple lines before white flash) with RX560 or 580. But like @CMMChris told me, not a big deal...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Wackymac said:

anyone else having issues with embedded video in firefox after this update? (sorry i know its a tad off topic, but still related to the new video drivers)

My Z370 & Z87/Z97 hackintoshs had the same issue with Firefox (and Safari in Z370) in which green screen interfered video play, but audio output was normal. No such an issue with Google Chrome or at 10.14.5 beta2. GPU GTX-680, GT-730, AMD R9 380, Intel HD 4600 & Intel UHD 630 were involved. No problem in P6TSE hackintosh with R9 290X GPU alone.

I'll check whether it can be fixed by different versions of Whatevergreen.kext or not. At present only roll-back to 10.14.5 beta2 can fix it now.

[Edit]

After update of Lilu, AppleALC, & Whatevergreen no more green screen issue of Safari in Z370 hackintosh now ! Only in Firefox alone with this green screen issue.

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jsl2000 said:

My Z370 & Z87 hackintoshs had the same issue with Firefox and Safari in which green screen interfered video play, but audio output was normal. No such an issue with Google Chrome or at 10.14.5 beta2. GPU GTX-680, GT-730, Intel HD 4600 & Intel UHD 630 were involved. No problem in P6TSE hackintosh with R9 290X GPU alone.

I'll check whether it can be fixed by different versions of Whatevergreen.kext or not. At present only roll-back to 10.14.5 beta2 can fix it now.

so strange, how something so random can break on an update...

12 hours ago, Wackymac said:

so strange, how something so random can break on an update...

I think Apple had changed Intel/Nvidia/AMD related graphics kexts during the update which resulted in some incompatibility of video play with Firefox and Safari browsers.

[Edit]

1. This green screen issue occurred in many hackintoshs of mine including Z370, Z97, Z87, & Z77 as well as real mac, and only in Firefox alone.

2. Even without hardware acceleration in Firefox which still got green screen.

3. We can only hope that Firefox can be fixed as soon as possible because it seems something should be fixed by Firefox to keep compatibility with newest Mac OS X.

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kambing said:

hi guys  try patch Fix Old NVIDIA macOS Mojave  for 10.14.4  but its bring to kernel panic

Uhmmb, not really sure what did you mean with "Old NVIDIA". Any specific model? Tesla is dropped since Mojave #AFAIK.

For my part I have considered enough! In my X-99 with a reasonable configuration and until here with the lastest Mojave, from now it will be for good Windows games. I was saturated to use it only for MacOS experiences, without proper Nvidia drivers... I even pondered getting an recent AMD, but in the last few good games, Windows will always be a few miles ahead. As a hackintosh, I'll just leave the Lenovo notebook...

Edited by Fergarth

hi...

to me the @chris1111 "the fix old patch Nvidia..." worked ok on a g210 on a 10.14.5 b2 but did not  can make the update with it to b3 ...would be great an app that  can uninstall the patch restoring  to previous mode..so you could update to the new beta, than apply the patch again..

c.frio

Edited by C.Frio

4 hours ago, C.Frio said:

hi...

to me the @chris1111 "the fix old patch Nvidia..." worked ok on a g210 on a 10.14.5 b2 but did not  can make the update with it to b3 ...would be great an app that  can uninstall the patch restoring  to previous mode..so you could update to the new beta, than apply the patch again..

c.frio

Its work see my post here 

no need uninstall just follow instructions 

• Like 1

hi...

I can't make the update from 10.14.5b2 to b3 when using g210 with the fix old Nvidia patch..

maybe 'cause I didn't use the nv_disable=1 on 10.14.5 b2 before try to update to b3...

it reboots at before the end of the update ..

c.frio

26 minutes ago, C.Frio said:

hi...

I can't make the update from 10.14.5b2 to b3 when using g210 with the fix old Nvidia patch..

maybe 'cause I didn't use the nv_disable=1 on 10.14.5 b2 before try to update to b3...

it reboots at before the end of the update ..

c.frio

Try nv_disable=1 -v

then Install  packages

i

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2

hi...

the issue is not your package...by itself

is the update from b2 to b3 when using the package that works ok on b2

but with it I can't update to b3...seem there is a conflict with the package installed on b2 and running ok,

against the b3 update..

I will try to update from b2 to b3 using nv_disable =1 -v before try to download the b3 update..

c.frio