Random kernel panic on shutdown/reboot and nvram problem

jdorz

259 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have successfully gotten my Hackintosh working 99 percent. The remaining issue that I am running into is that my system will randomly kernel panic upon a user issued shutdown or reboot WHEN I have either a usb sound card or usb headset plugged into any of my USB ports (both 2.0 and 3.0). If I remove the headset, it will power down with no issues. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My system is as follows:
MacOS 10.14 Mojave
Gigabyte H370 HD3
8400 i5 Coffee Lake
Radeon RX 580 sound card

Fixed

Solution

Use this folder for serie 100/200/300

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8222

reboot and extract one send_me for full dsdt patch by MaLd0n

--Run_Me
RunMe.app

Hello,

I did apply a custom SSDT to the patches folder that I created. I can confirm that the unused USB interfaces are no longer showing in ioreg and that only my valid USB2 and USB3 interfaces are being injected. I did remove FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext as well. But I am still receiving panics. This image below is the latest that I received upon shutdown.

IMG_1090.jpg

Dude, you are a lifesaver! This works perfectly. Sleep, wake, and shutdown are working great now. I had been battling this for over a week. This is awesome. If it's alright with you, I threw a little paypal your way just out of sheer gratitude.

Thanks again!

10 hours ago, jdorz said:

Dude, you are a lifesaver! This works perfectly. Sleep, wake, and shutdown are working great now. I had been battling this for over a week. This is awesome. If it's alright with you, I threw a little paypal your way just out of sheer gratitude.

Thanks again!

Enjoy!

Hello @MaLd0n

I think I have a smiliar issue. I managed to install Mojave on my system. But on Shutdown or Reboot, I get also a kernel panic.

My system:
i3 8100
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
Samsung Evo 970

Clover 4700

I attached the entire EFI. I hope you can help me..

Thanks in Advance 

Foto 24.10.18, 00 17 01.jpg

EFI.zip

5 hours ago, Kazuya91 said:

Hello @MaLd0n

I think I have a smiliar issue. I managed to install Mojave on my system. But on Shutdown or Reboot, I get also a kernel panic.

My system:
i3 8100
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
Samsung Evo 970

Clover 4700

I attached the entire EFI. I hope you can help me..

Thanks in Advance 

Foto 24.10.18, 00 17 01.jpg

EFI.zip

send me files

run my app, i'll check and create patches for z390

RunMe.app

Instructions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wmIfGLe3A

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Kazuya91 said:

here, replace full clover folder

CLOVER.zip

install last clover version

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/Clover_v2.4k_r4722.zip/download

reboot

extract new send_me

btw, thx for files, is a very similar chipset

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kazuya91 said:

@MaLd0n

My Kernel Panics are gone! Thank you very much.

But now I don't have sound anymore. With my old configuration I had sound with ALC892.

Thank you for your effort.

Send me Kazuya91s-iMac.fritz.box.zip

check if work now

DSDT.aml.zip

and run it

https://olarila.com/files/Utils/RepairPermissions.zip

1 hour ago, Pene said:

Hi MaLd0n,

What were the Z390 specific DSDT patches that solved the shutdown issue on Z390?

Thanks

try a clover shutdown fix and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead aptiomemoryfix

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

try a clover shutdown fix and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead aptiomemoryfix

Thank you. Indeed, it seems to be an AptioMemoryFix issue.

Edited by Pene

@MaLd0n I was having problems with an High Sierra installation on my Asus Z390-P.

At the end of the installation, when it came the point of restarting, it freezed. With your CLOVER.zip for Z390, I was able to install successfully! Thank you so much.

The problem now is, after installing, when I try to boot the partition to where I just installed to, I get a kernel panic.

I've tried with both the original DSDT.aml file included in the CLOVER.zip and the one you posted afterwards.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Maybe I should add that I'm using an i7-9700k here.

IMG_20181026_162215.jpg

Edited by miguelcobain

33 minutes ago, miguelcobain said:

@MaLd0n I was having problems with an High Sierra installation on my Asus Z390-P.

At the end of the installation, when it came the point of restarting, it freezed. With your CLOVER.zip for Z390, I was able to install successfully! Thank you so much.

The problem now is, after installing, when I try to boot the partition to where I just installed to, I get a kernel panic.

I've tried with both the original DSDT.aml file included in the CLOVER.zip and the one you posted afterwards.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Maybe I should add that I'm using an i7-9700k here.

use it

CLOVER.zip

and extract files, post here

RunMe.app

@MaLd0n thank you for your response.

After using your CLOVER.zip I still got a kernel panic, but this time a slightly different one (see attached picture).

Notice that there's no "Please go to https://panic.apple.com to report this panic" in the end.

So I couldn't boot to run your "RunMe.app".

Also an interesting thing is that on this panic, the fans are spinning like crazy.

EDIT: seems like with this CLOVER.zip I'm but with the reboot problems which I wasn't before with the one you posted initially for z390!

IMG_20181026_170629.jpg

Edited by miguelcobain

1 hour ago, miguelcobain said:

@MaLd0n somehow I was able to boot into my old High Sierra installation I had and was able to run RunMe.app.

This installation was the one I had before my Mobo and CPU upgrade.

Hope this helps!

Send me Miguels-iMac-2.lan.zip

extract original dsdt witj F4 key in clover boot screen

don't use dsdt from other mobo, diff model

52 minutes ago, Kazuya91 said:

@MaLd0n
sorry for the late response. I was working much lately. My Sound works now! Thank you very much.

k

enjoy