iMacPro SMBIOS and new horizens

Cyberdevs

124 posts in this topic

Running fairly smooth with the latest Nvidia drivers still a bit glitchy until new drivers are released or i roll back.

But this is a fresh install of macOS High Sierra on an SSD iMacPro edition :-)

Good job all.

post-1083558-0-97004100-1517369935_thumb.png

And the .4 beta 1

post-1083558-0-00863600-1517379640_thumb.png

• Like 1

Running fairly smooth with the latest Nvidia drivers still a bit glitchy until new drivers are released or i roll back.

But this is a fresh install of macOS High Sierra on an SSD iMacPro edition :-)

Good job all.

Will this update work from appstore for iMacPro or is for non iMacPro versions?

Did you install the macOS the normal way and changed the SMBIOS afterwards? Which version of macOS did you install 10.13.3?

Did you install the macOS the normal way and changed the SMBIOS afterwards? Which version of macOS did you install 10.13.3?

No I created a new install macOS High Sierra .app 10.13.3 from the guides script and installed it that way via usb with my standard config.plist but changed to iMacPro smbios.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@SavageAUS

Beta 1 is installed correctly on a spare disk

I have update from applestore from 10.13.3 ImacProedition

You have to use new portlimit patch if you need it

@cyverdevs

10.13.3 (imacPro Edition) has integrated in platforsupport.plist all you need

So you can install only with imacpro smbios in your config and usually config patches you use

Yeah I know about the iMacPro edition update 10.13.3, my main question was about the installer itself because the board-id and SupportedModelProperties were absent in 10.13.2 and 10.3.3 installers as far as I checked.

I guess for now the only way to create the Installer is to use the guides and scripts provided in the guide.

@SavageAUS
@cyverdevs
So you can install only with imacpro smbios in your config and usually config patches you use

@SavageAUS

@cyverdevs

For me USB port limit patch not needed as my SSDT-UIAC.aml is still working as it should.

post-1083558-0-87379200-1517380100_thumb.png

• Like 1

If you have time and a solid backup try to use only port limit without any ssdt for usb

Only a dsdt rename to XHC and XHCI enabled in bios

In my x99 and in a x299 boards i have tested thiis is the only thing needed to have all usb ports working

I am very curious to know if it works also in other platform

The only drawback for me is without any ssdt or dsdt for Usb i loose sleep/wake functionality At all

@gengik84 is helping me to find a way for this problem

If you have time and a solid backup try to use only port limit without any ssdt for usb

Only a dsdt rename to XHC and XHCI enabled in bios

In my x99 and in a x299 boards i have tested thiis is the only thing needed to have all usb ports working

I am very curious to know if it works also in other platform

I believe renames are already done in DSDT as maldon created it. I'll do a few tests when I get some time with and without port limit patch and with and without my SSDT-UIAC.

The only drawback for me is without any ssdt or dsdt for Usb i loose sleep/wake functionality At all

@gengik84 is helping me to find a way for this problem

What sort of cpu cooler do you have?

for USB part if your system starts without the need of DSDT try only port limits and a rename via config.plist (you can find in config.plist I posted here in a previous message

My xeon CPU does not need great cooler but I use a good one Phantek Phanteks PH-TC14PE

What sort of cpu cooler do you have?

post-468967-0-50229300-1517382430_thumb.png

for USB part if your system starts without the need of DSDT try only port limits and a rename via config.plist (you can find in config.plist I posted here in a previous message

My xeon CPU does not need great cooler but I use a good one Phantek Phanteks PH-TC14PE

I only ask about cpu cooler because without my custom SSDT-UIAC my AIO liquid cooler prevents sleep.

Yes, it is possible that your ssdt do a  remap of your port to have this functionality, in my case sleep is working if I use a dsdt.

In my opinion with port limit and only XHC is it possible to have all port working well and for sleep I think is A _PWR related problem

Off topic

In my tests and also thanks @Matthew82 we discovered a similar behavior in two different motherboard chipset (X299 and X99)

With thunderbolt inserted and configured  "properly" sleep has some problem in his second cycle..

I only ask about cpu cooler because without my custom SSDT-UIAC my AIO liquid cooler prevents sleep.

Yes, it is possible that your ssdt do a remap of your port to have this functionality, in my case sleep is working if I use a dsdt.

In my opinion with port limit and only XHC is it possible to have all port working well and for sleep I think is A _PWR related problem

Off topic

In my tests and also thanks @Matthew82 we discovered a similar behavior in two different motherboard chipset (X299 and X99)

With thunderbolt inserted and configured "properly" sleep has some problem in his second cycle..

I've been testing and I lose sleep no matter what I try without my custom SSDT-UIAC. Also during testing I did encounter the dread black screen occasionally. Dis anyone else get this?

What do you mean with "dread black screen"?

without your custom SSDT have you checked in IOREG XHC part if there you have more ports available?

In this condition (lose sleep) you have a reboot or an instal wake?

Thank you

What do you mean with "dread black screen"?

without your customers SSDT have you checked in IOREG XHC part if there you have more ports available?

In this condition (lose sleep) you have a reboot or an instal wake?

Thank you

Like using iMac17,1 without NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.

Yes without SSDT-UIAC And the port patch I get way more ports but sleep gets instant wake.

ok

for instant wake there is a solution I can't explain well

one is in power option (disable power nap if it is enabled)

other solution is _PWR or similar in DSDT (sorry here I am not confident at all)

I know it is possible to have port limit patch used  with no a remapping SSDT and a working sleep (more port available)

In my case with Thunderbolt inserted all is more complicated (for sleep)

Like using iMac17,1 without NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.
Yes without SSDT-UIAC And the port patch I get way more ports but sleep gets instant wake.

I do not use nvidiafix or kext USB injector and no screen and sleep problems. for port restriction I use fix clover kext to patch

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2018-01-31 a las 16.15.14.png

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2018-01-31 a las 16.15.49.png

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2018-01-31 a las 16.18.20.png

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2018-01-31 a las 16.19.05.png

U don't need any SSDT, u can put all in DSDT

SSDT just inject in DSDT, edit full DSDT patched and remove SSDTs

• Like 2

@SavageAUS

Hi there,

How is you machine performing with iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS?

It actually performs pretty well, about the same as it does on iMac17,1. I did still occassionaly get a black screen but everything else seems fine. I'm using the older web drivers due to the new ones causing lag though.

• Like 3

Hi!

I will soon try iMac Pro SMBios but first I want to take some doubts!

I am currently using the latest 10.13.4 beta! Can anyone tell me if in this version I need to add the Board-id and the SupportedModelProperties into the platformsupport.plist manually? And if it is possible to make the change to iMac Pro from this version?

From what I read @fabiosun, in iMac Pro I do not need to use any freq vector or pmdriver kext for PM, right? What about EIST, should it be better enabled or disabled on Bios?

Thank you!

Hi!

I am currently using the latest 10.13.4 beta! Can anyone tell me if in this version I need to add the Board-id and the SupportedModelProperties into the platformsupport.plist manually? And if it is possible to make the change to iMac Pro from this version?

From what I read @fabiosun, in iMac Pro I do not need to use any freq vector or pmdriver kext for PM, right? What about EIST, should it be better enabled or disabled on Bios?

Thank you!

I´m using it with the latest beta..

I only used clover smbios to change to the iMac Pro 1.1

The board-id is in the plattformsupport.plist .. I did not modify it..

The system works smooth for me..

Greetings

• Like 1

Hi!

Thank you!

Hi Fergarth

you can try in a working condition to build an iMac Pro 1.1 config1.plist and then to use great spacebar clover feature to disable some kext or O option to disable other "unuseful" things maybe you are using

with right combination you can boot fine

I confirm what I have said time ago

ImacPro system inject frequency vector and fv count will be 1

with unsupported cpu you would need of plugintype=1 or an ssdt/DSDT to inject value to have XCPM=1

I think is worth to try :)