iMacPro SMBIOS and new horizens

Cyberdevs

124 posts in this topic

I don't know whether MSR 0xE2 register is locked  is locked or not. But native Power Management is working correctly on my CPU with all speedsteps working.

I don't know whether MSR 0xE2 register is locked  is locked or not. But native Power Management is working correctly on my CPU with all speedsteps working.

Did you perform a clean install or just swapped the GPUs?

iMacPro SMBIOS doesn't require any patches, the only thing that needs to be installed is the web driver.

Use nv_disable=1 flag too boot into macOS remove the web drivers and reinstall the latest version. What is the state of SIP?

is it enabled or disabled?

31 minutes ago, ergot said:

using new GPU (1070TI) I get black screen, I am using iMac pro SMBIOS with/without Kext patch (Lilu and Nv) still black screen...do I need to patch anything?

If so what I need to patch and how..? 

thanks

1 minute ago, ergot said:

SIP disabled

Just swapped GPU, WEBDRIVERS were not installed when swapping GPU, boot with nv_disable and installing latest webdrivers

still black screen, do I need to flag inject Nvidia ?

No you don't need to inject nVidia. Do a kext cache nvram clean up and see if that helps. If that didn't help use NvidiaWeb and see if that works. Most likely you might need to do a clean install but if that's too much just use this patch just to see whether it works or not:

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy

Find: BA050000 00

Replace: BA000000 00

Which Revision of clover you are using and which AptioMemoryFix revision? or do you use OsxAptioFixDrv family and if so which version?

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

No you don't need to inject nVidia. Do a kext cache nvram clean up and see if that helps. If that didn't help use NvidiaWeb and see if that works. Most likely you might need to do a clean install but if that's too much just use this patch just to see whether it works or not:

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy

Find: BA050000 00

Replace: BA000000 00

Which Revision of clover you are using and which AptioMemoryFix revision? or do you use OsxAptioFixDrv family and if so which version?

Clover version: 4421

Using :OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000, don't know the version...

do I need to update/replace something?

thanks!!!

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 20.30.48.png

Edited by ergot

I suggest to use the latest revision on Clover and remove the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and use the AptioMemoryFix r16 and see if that works. If I remember correctly by using the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 you might also need to add the EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi for the web drivers, I'm not sure about that.

Try the kext cache clean up and if that didn't work try the patch I gave you.

Edited by Cyberdevs

37 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I suggest to use the latest revision on Clover and remove the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and use the AptioMemoryFix r16 and see if that works. If I remember correctly by using the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 you might also need to add the EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi for the web drivers, I'm not sure about that.

Try the kext cache clean up and if that didn't work try the patch I gave you.

Thank you for your help! I tried everything but it did not helped... :( 

Even the patch...

I will try new install now...

3 minutes ago, ergot said:

no patches for graphics except the one you gave me, yes I use patched DSDT

Give Lilu and the latest nVidiaGraphicsFixup a try and if you still have the black screen then do a clean install.

But I think the issue might be related to your EFI folder and the Config.plist.

Remove the DSDT and see if that makes a difference.

I remember when I tried the iMacPro SMBIOS by doing a clean install not just changing the SMBIOS with the old setup it was working without any issues and I didn't use any patches or extra kexts.

I recently switched to AMD so I don't use the 1070 on my main rig.

Edited by Cyberdevs

5 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:
1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

Give Lilu and the latest nVidiaGraphicsFixup a try and if you still have the black screen then do a clean install.

But I think the issue might be related to your EFI folder and the Config.plist.

Remove the DSDT and see if that makes a difference.

I remember when I tried the iMacPro SMBIOS by doing a clean install not just changing the SMBIOS with the old setup it was working without any issues and I didn't use any patches or extra kexts.

yes I tried to remove DSDT when you mentioned it, and its working now...should I remove Lilu and nVidiaGraphicsFixup and the patch you gave me?

now my NVME drivers are orange again :) I will try some tests with previous DSDT...

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 21.21.16.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ergot said:

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 21.21.16.png

That's great!

Now you can remove all those kexts and patches and see if it's still working, just remember to do a kext cache nvram clean up after you removed the kexts and just before rebooting your hack.

2 minutes ago, ergot said:

thank you so much for your help Cyberdevs! I removed everything and it is working fine, need to test sleep and other things and fix orange icons :)

You're welcome :)

Your NVMe drive should have the regular icon instead of the orange one, but if you couldn't find a fix for it you can give this patch a try:

Name: AppleAHCIPort

Find: 45787465 726E616C

Replace: 496E7465 726E616C

Edited by Cyberdevs

Thanks, but this not fixed the colour of the icon...I disabled all CPU patches (Kernel to patch) and it looks like I have XCPM and power management working just fine without any patch or DSDT..you can see the image below, is that correct?

.463727888_ScreenShot2018-04-30at23_37_58.thumb.png.f5bf3f76f746bed703a6519b882d6c5c.png

Thanks, but this not fixed the colour of the icon...I disabled all CPU patches (Kernel to patch) and it looks like I have XCPM and power management working just fine without any patch or DSDT..you can see the image below, is that correct?

The xclm is enabled and that's good.

About the patch is hot swap enabled in BIOS?

9 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

in BIOS/UEFI under the SATA configuration there must be a feature to enable/disable hot swap for the disks. is that enabled?

Checked that I have "hot plug" and all of them are disabled for SATA drives

Checked that I have "hot plug" and all of them are disabled for SATA drives

Try this patch, just rename the first part of the patch from AppleAHCIPort to com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort

Find: 45787465 726E616C

Replace: 496E7465 726E616C