iMacPro SMBIOS and new horizens

Cyberdevs

124 posts in this topic

It actually performs pretty well, about the same as it does on iMac17,1. I did still occassionaly get a black screen but everything else seems fine. I'm using the older web drivers due to the new ones causing lag though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How did you manage to install older web drivers? Imacpro smbios is working for me on the latest beta but no web drivers

How did you manage to install older web drivers? Imacpro smbios is working for me on the latest beta but no web drivers

I believe I downloaded them in another thread that @Sherlocks uploaded. Or you can patch then with the Nvidia patcher.

Hi Fergarth

you can try in a working condition to build an iMac Pro 1.1 config1.plist and then to use great spacebar clover feature to disable some kext or O option to disable other "unuseful" things maybe you are using

with right combination you can boot fine

I confirm what I have said time ago

ImacPro system inject frequency vector and fv count will be 1

with unsupported cpu you would need of plugintype=1 or an ssdt/DSDT to inject value to have XCPM=1

I think is worth to try :)

I´m using it with the latest beta..

I only used clover smbios to change to the iMac Pro 1.1

The board-id is in the plattformsupport.plist .. I did not modify it..

The system works smooth for me..

Greetings

Yep, its working here now!  :yes::D

post-1313347-0-51332600-1517681502_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-55374900-1517681643_thumb.png

• Like 2

I just completed the installation on my Skylake rig and the lags are still here, not as bad as iMac17,1 but I still have the lags in Safari and Dock.

My CPU only has three steps 800 Mhz, 4.00 GHz and 4.10 GHz

I activated the Intel HD 530 to see if that can help but it didn't.

The problem is with the patched version I either sendup with no acceleration or I get the black screen (Haven't tested it on iMacPro SMBIOS yet)

I'm gonna give it a try right now.

after many installation and try, same problems appears here, i just clean all and install again, with SIP 0x67

The weird thing is that if I use OsxAptioFix3Drv and the OsxAptioFix2Drv together (I know that is a bad idea to use those fixes together) I can boot into macOS with nVidia web drivers with SIP 0x0. (It did work on iMac17,1 SMBIOS but failed to load the web driver on iMacPro1,1 :rofl: )

after many installation and try, same problems appears here, i just clean all and install again, with SIP 0x67

It works with SIP set to 0x67 and as you said it is fast :) no more lags and no stuttering in the Safari and the Dock.

• Like 1

Hi cyberdevs 

I have said time ago about sip related problem and also other people...I did some examples seeing in kext extensions loaded..with some Nvidiaweb driver and sip combination some kext extension (Nvidia related does not load and in some case produce weird situation)

I think it is a problem with Nvidia postscript install and some permission

but it is only for "pour parler" :)

The weird thing is that if I use AptoiOsxDrv2fix and the AptioOsxDrv3Fix together (I know that is a bad idea to use those fixes together) I can boot into macOS with nVidia web drivers with SIP 0x0. 

It works with SIP set to 0x67 and as you said it is fast :) no more lags and no stuttering in the Safari and the Dock.

not really true here!:P

104 driver

attachicon.gifCheetara_2.jpg

156/157 drivers

attachicon.gifdm3lmg042lr40p7f2p3m8pymk.jpg

Hi cyberdevs 

I have said time ago about sip related problem and also other people...I did some examples seeing in kext extensions loaded..with some Nvidiaweb driver and sip combination some kext extension (Nvidia related does not load and in some case produce weird situation)

I think it is a problem with Nvidia postscript install and some permission

but it is only for "pour parler" :)

Well I knew about the SIP and the web driver combination. A while back when @apianti introduced the OsxAptioFixDrv3 I started to do some testing and in the process I realized that a cause for black screen (in my case) was that I enabled SIP after I installed the macOS and it was blocking the nVidia web driver to load.

I did a clean install with SIP enabled and after the installation was complete I installed the web driver and macOS prompted that the "Security and Privacy" is blocking the nVidia kexts so I allowed them to be loaded and there was no black screen anymore.

@fabiosun I have to confess that you are one step a head in so many subjects ;) but with the amount of post being generated here I simply miss lots of them so forgive my ignorance :D

I can't seem to find my post in "Clover General Discussion" threat about the SIP and the nVidia web drivers.

No no I like to try all things and some time I have some good idea

Then any rig is different also with same hardware , and situation could vary

But all test are useful and if people share them without any arrogance also with more noob people it is good for all community! :)

Yep, its working here now!  :yes::D

Great to read..

Now, just for the fun-part..

Off-Topic.. I hope it is ok ..

If you (or anyone else..) like to have the iMacPro1,1 in your systemsettings.app like below, i attached a zip-file to this post

with the tiff file to replace in the app.

post-1992726-0-33525500-1517686858_thumb.png

Now.. back to Topic

Greetings

SystemLogo.zip

• Like 2

No no I like to try all things and some time I have some good idea

Then any rig is different also with same hardware , and situation could vary

But all test are useful and if people share them without any arrogance also with more noob people it is good for all community! :)

Yeah every rig is different and that's what's making it fun to build a hackintosh, there are NO guarantees that it will work :D. The fun part (for me) is to making it work ;)

Now.. back to Topic

Greetings

Greetings and welcome :)

Nice photo ;)

• Like 1

My sip is always set to 0x67 and I still get the lags with new driver but I have Maxwell card gtx960

I switched over from MacPro6,1 to iMacPro1,1 on my 10.13.4 build and it is working great so far. 

I got the black screen issue but removing NvidiaGraphicsFixup/Lilu solved it -- it's nice these are no longer needed! I didn't have to futz with PlatformSupport.plist either, it worked OOTB (possibly due to the beta build). Just had to remote in to get around the black screen and remove those kexts. 

Also lost my USB2 ports. Updating USBInjectAll to the latest fixed that. 

I'm not noticing any video lag (156 drivers) it actually SEEMS snappier as far as UI animation. Geekbench results were all a little lower than before, though. 

Most importantly... unlock with Apple Watch works now!  :D Not sure if due to the new smbios itself, or something to do with my wifi/bt card which seems to work more consistently on this smbios. 

post-183296-0-76780300-1517715907_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I switched over from MacPro6,1 to iMacPro1,1 on my 10.13.4 build and it is working great so far.

I got the black screen issue but removing NvidiaGraphicsFixup/Lilu solved it -- it's nice these are no longer needed! I didn't have to futz with PlatformSupport.plist either, it worked OOTB (possibly due to the beta build). Just had to remote in to get around the black screen and remove those kexts.

Also lost my USB2 ports. Updating USBInjectAll to the latest fixed that.

I'm not noticing any video lag (156 drivers) it actually SEEMS snappier as far as UI animation. Geekbench results were all a little lower than before, though.

Most importantly... unlock with Apple Watch works now! :D Not sure if due to the new smbios itself, or something to do with my wifi/bt card which seems to work more consistently on this smbios.

SystemInfo-iMacPro.jpg

Would you mind sharing how you installed web driver? Or send me the package you made? It would save me a headache !

in my rig no

But I have not your problem with any driver I tested from 104 to 157 so could it be different 

ill give it a try thanks!

is enabling and disabling sip mandatory?

in my rig no

But I have not your problem with any driver I tested from 104 to 157 so could it be different 

okay ill report back thanks 

installer: Error - Mac OS X version 10.13.4 (17E139j) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information.

[ERROR] Unable to start the installation

after i used the webpatcher. 

okay ill report back thanks 

installer: Error - Mac OS X version 10.13.4 (17E139j) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information.

[ERROR] Unable to start the installation

after i used the webpatcher. 

https://we.tl/hhAChdWCLg 

I think you have to insert in a correct way OSX version 

which driver do you want to try?

https://we.tl/JIGk7evVdI 

post-468967-0-76598400-1517734854_thumb.png

Edited by Guest