ATI mobility X1300/X1400 -only

weichen

153 posts in this topic

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=116126

I posted above already but I'll repeat my results here just to get the word out there.

Lenovo Thinkpad R60, Intel Core 2 Duo (SSE3), 1Gb RAM, Radeon Mobility XT1400.

Leopard 10.5.2.

Sound, ethernet worked OBO (no sound input).

kext upgrade got Airport working perfectly.

Used RadeonHD.kext to get CI/QE working after trying EVERYTHING (edit/replace Info.plist in ATIRadeon.kext, etc. etc.). Minimal mouse tears, Open GL, cover flow, everything looks great!

Native display of 1024x768, haven't tried external displays, will post results after I try.

I'm no expert at this but I would emphasize that KEXTHELPER IS YOUR FRIEND (eliminates a lot of CLI work, ensures caches are flushed and permissions are set properly, etc.).

Good luck!

BTW, big props to Slice and Dong for all their hard work!! ;):)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=116126

I posted above already but I'll repeat my results here just to get the word out there.

Lenovo Thinkpad R60, Intel Core 2 Duo (SSE3), 1Gb RAM, Radeon Mobility XT1400.

Leopard 10.5.2.

Sound, ethernet worked OBO (no sound input).

kext upgrade got Airport working perfectly.

Used RadeonHD.kext to get CI/QE working after trying EVERYTHING (edit/replace Info.plist in ATIRadeon.kext, etc. etc.). Minimal mouse tears, Open GL, cover flow, everything looks great!

Native display of 1024x768, haven't tried external displays, will post results after I try.

I'm no expert at this but I would emphasize that KEXTHELPER IS YOUR FRIEND (eliminates a lot of CLI work, ensures caches are flushed and permissions are set properly, etc.).

Good luck!

BTW, big props to Slice and Dong for all their hard work!! :shock::)

Can you make a sig so we can see what hardware you have?

What Wireless nic do you have?

Hi FishYaker, is that working on the LCD or only external display?

If on the LCD could you please post the steps as I have a T60 with the same X1300.

Thanks

Russ

Yes, I have QE/CI on the LCD. I still do not have external monitor support. I found this tutorial to have a little more detailed information: http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?p...db12d98d140143d

Hey folks,

I need some help with getting QE/CI support on my x1300 mobility. I've followed the example for adding the string value ID+Vender to the IOPCIMatch key. I've also fix permissions, but I'm still not getting kext loaded. The odd thing is when I ran this: rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache it said that the file or direcotry did not exist, I've also tried booting with the -f to no avail.

Where can i find the example i wanna have also QE/CI support on my T60 with X1300 ore can you send me the file you have changed. Can it also be done with the OSX86 Tool of pcwiz.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i have 10.5.2 installed on a thinkpad t60 as well.

the card is reported in windows as a 512mb graphics card but in Mac as a 128... any ideas why?

also i would love to post what my max resolution is but cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to display options so I can set such...

i havent been through this whole post yet but i am going to ask anyway, is there a updated driver for this yet? and if so can it be installed on a running system or does it have to be injected into a dvd?

i have plenty of other questions but i will put them in the appropriate places.

Erazare

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Dong,

Great work! I have 1680x1050 resolution now with T60 8744-5BU ATI X1400. The mouse tearing is quite bad, like markings all over the screen. The preferences shows 1680x1050 as my only choice, and its being used, display isn't stretched. Best of luck to you in developing this, its promising to finally see 1680x1050 on a X1400.

I will likely have to run the regular X1400 driver until the tearing improves a bit, but would love to keep this on because of the correct resolution for my wide display.

Brian

So here's one report of successful full wide screen res with X1400 from Brian...

I tried many time but nothing change, all the driver did not work for ATI X1300 mobility. The Nati1300 kext is driver for desktop VGA card, so when you install it to you laptop, it will be only work with external display.

Does anybody can help me get X1300 mobility kext?

many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Something new as the new year comes?

I've tried almost everything I think, but still can't get 1280x800, so I'm staying stuck at 1024 :) Nobody knows yet? I'd be very glad for any kind of advice :D

Specs:

Acer Aspire 5103

AMD Turion64 X2

ATI Mobility Radeon X1300

Installed retail and updated 10.5.6. After device id change to ATIRadeonx1000.kext, I got QE/CI etc.

I didn't have to try nvinject or natit or gfx strings.

Only problem is I couldn't get 1680x1050@32

System: T60, 8741-52U

After I installed RadeonHD.kext I was able to get 1680x1050x32 but

display is getting corrupt when I move the mouse around..

Everything else seems to be ok. ie. no hangs no crash etc.. I even

ran xbench and no problems...

After I installed RadeonHD.kext I was able to get 1680x1050x32

Are you using the internal LCD or are you using an external screen?

If you are using an internal screen then this is quite a revolution. As far as I know nobody has been able to get native resolution with those cards(x1300/x1400 mobility) in OSX before on internal screen...

So please, let us know what you have done...

- Ztardust

Hey, 

I'm (unfortunately) a X1400 owner as well ...

Got 1600x1200 on my external screen by editing this apple.Boot.plist-whatchamacallit. 

However my display actually supports FullHD (1920x1600) - is there any way to get this resolution on the external screen?  

Man, if this won't work, I'll have to switch back to Windows  :):(