ATI mobility X1300/X1400 -only

weichen

153 posts in this topic

Jurek hit the nail on the head. It doesn't matter what you do with what's available, changing resolutions with the x1400 on the internal LCD is just not possible. You can't support a function that doesn't and will never exist in OSX Leopard for this video card. It works for external displays, and external displays only.

Unless you work for Apple and want to release the source illegally, we're left in the dark without a light switch.

I was wondering if i could use switchresx and set the resolution to 1280 X 800 (max on my lcd) then use the bios to stretch it to be full screen. leaving me with wide screen not stretched on the internal LCD. but for some reason Switchresx reports (should be active) in my custom resolution but doesn't put it in the active section. Will switchresx not work on a x1400 or did i do something wrong. Ty for any advice

Ok, I am new with my Leopard 10.5.2, vainilla kernel in my Dell 6400 and our famous x1400:

Questions that i still have after 3 days reading in this forum:

1.- I can not go more than 1152x864 but with QE ( I add 1440x900 in my apple.Boot.plist), is it not possible to get more resolution with my configuration, is it a dell problem?

2.- How can I go with more resolution in an external display and QE? I would like to see again my 1440x900 in my laptop without winXP

3.- do we know if anybody is developing a driver for our x1400?

4.- is there a way to update the firmware of the x1400 or change it for a nvidia in my dell 6400?

Thanks for sharing all your wisdom with me   :angel:

@ killo777 If you mean flashing the cards bios so it would be a different card i dont think that is possible, but you can replace the card with a dell geforce g0 7300

I was wondering if any1 could tell me where to get the external display kexts that would give me res change + CI QE

Thanks justinjja,

I read in forums that the x1400 is much better than the go 7300, but what about the go7400, can i change my x1400 for a nvidia go 7400?

I will do a search in internet for my quest, but really, it is a pity that my laptop works so great with leopard and i can not have my good display resolution anymore, i need a solution, i hope that the driver for the x1400 is coming up but in any case, i will check the possibility to change my x1400 in my dell for another one that works better with leopard in case the driver x1400 is only a dream.

In the Leo4AllV3, the support for X1400 is built-in... So, why we do not request the driver to the creator of the leo4allv3??????

(I have an Acer 5672WLMi but Leo4allV3 is not working on this laptop)

In the Leo4AllV3, the support for X1400 is built-in... So, why we do not request the driver to the creator of the leo4allv3??????

All it does is everything we've done before, which is make Device ID changes. It's not a driver specific to the X1400.

As for a external monitor driver, I use NatitX1300.kext. Gives me resolution changing, no mouse tearing, and QE/CI on external monitors. You need to make sure your LCD is turned off when you do it, or all of your graphics will be garbled.

i requested eddie to add x1000 kext with x1400 device id in it, it doesn't give you resolution change, only QE,CI.

Can somebody suggest eddie to add ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 support to Leo4AllV4 or later also?

We (who use ATI Mobility Radeon X1300) really want to have resolution change, widescreen, dual screen support, without mouse tearing tissue...

still waiting for the miracle, ....., i hope one day, some day i will be able to see my dell 6400 in more than 1158x845 resolution......1440x900 for example.

so please, as soon as somebody find a solution, post it here, pleaseeeeeeeeee

still no solution 4 X1300 :(:(:(

Think Different ... Think HACkintosh.

(me:) dear OS God can U plz make my X1300 work with hackintosh??? pritty plz :) ... I tried every thing to make it work!!!! :-S

(OS GOD says ) NO!!!!!!! -_- ... JUST GET A MAC U :( ...

(me:) but ..butt... i can't afford one :'( ... they gived me a pc... :(

(OS GOD says ) ... so get LINUX or SOMETHING...Linux it's free u know!!!

(me:) ... I don't what linux or MACintosh i just what a HACKintosh...

(OS GOD says:) .... so don't ask me for it ... ask EDDY!!!... i'm shure he is able to help u x1300 freaks with u're deam ati card ...!!!!

(me:) ... ok os god ... 10x AMEN.

some time after: :D

(me:) hey EDDY ... SUP?

(me:) can u plz plz plz plz.......... plzzzzzzz......... help us x1300 users with our graf card ?

(me:) BUZZ!

(me:) BUZZ!

(me:) :'(((((((( ...

me is now offline

(EDDY OS GOD is now typing) ...

I have a problem with getting CI/QE to work with my ATI x1400. I followed the instructions on how to enable them (changed the device ID in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext), but System Profiler says it isn't enabled.

In com.apple.Boot.plist i said I resolution of 1680x1050, but it became 1400x1050 as expected after reading numerous treads.

I uploaded a screenshot of System Profiler. Anyone has a solution for my problem of CI/QE not getting to work?post-223371-1209639615_thumb.png

EDIT: After graphics update from Apple Software Update, CI/QE is working :)

I now have mouse tearing, but I will try a solution posted in this forum.

johanl2..What did you do exactly to even get to 1400X1050.

I have my CI/QE enabled (supported) and i still can't get above 1024X768.

If it isn't bothersome, could you post steps as to what you did?

Thnx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

O.k... the kext that jpsiemer posted here now, works PERFECTLY on an external screen with the x1300 mobility card.

Isn't there a way to change the driver to do the same for the internal screen?

And I guess there isn't anything in the new 10.5.3 update that will help us with this problem...?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a ATI X1400 running on a Dell 1505 / 6400 laptop, my screen is 1680 x 1050 pixels, I haven't been able to run a resolution higher than 1400 x 1050, no 3D acceleration, OpenGL doesn't work.

Hasn't anybody been able to port ATI Linux driver into Mac? As far as I know Leopard is based on BSD, in theory a driver working for BSD or FreeBSD should work on Leo.