AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Taruga,

I have a sigmatel 7634 audio soundcard.

I've been using version 1.10 since it came out and audio playback works fine but the microphone doesn't work. Under the sound applet when i click on input it says unknown and under input level it says "the selected input device has no controls"

I just tried installing the latest version of your patcher 1.15 and after rebooting it says no device found for input and output.

can you please take a look at what changed from 1.10 to 1.15 that could have affected this chipset.

thanks,

JD

Taruga,

I have a sigmatel 7634 audio soundcard.

I've been using version 1.10 since it came out and audio playback works fine but the microphone doesn't work. Under the sound applet when i click on input it says unknown and under input level it says "the selected input device has no controls"

I just tried installing the latest version of your patcher 1.15 and after rebooting it says no device found for input and output.

can you please take a look at what changed from 1.10 to 1.15 that could have affected this chipset.

thanks,

JD

I am aware of that, it´s because of different vendor codec implementations and in the next version will fix input problems

Is Sigmatel 9250 working with this patcher in 10.4.7, what do I need?

You need to read post #1

Taruga,

When I use version 1.15 of your patcher my card isnt recognized period for both input and output devices.

When I use 1.10 there is an output device but unknown input device recognized.

Are you going to fix the fact that this card isnt recognized at all with the latest patcher ?

Taruga,

When I use version 1.15 of your patcher my card isnt recognized period for both input and output devices.

When I use 1.10 there is an output device but unknown input device recognized.

Are you going to fix the fact that this card isnt recognized at all with the latest patcher ?

?! what card are you talking about ?!

Taruga,

My card is a Sigmatel 7634. like i said output worked but input didnt in 1.10.

In 1.15 neither worked

thanks,

JD

ok thanx, just in time cause i´m coding codec verbs for it now...

I've used STAC9200.txt to patch my AppleHDA.kext (Patcher v15, 14 and 13, Dell Inspiron e1505/6400), sound work, but some sounds scratching and stumming :thumbsdown_anim:, iTunes is ok, but sound stumming at start. Plz, anyone, who has e1505, which dump u've used or, maybe, other patcher?

Try changing:

<key>SampleOffsetPad</key>
<integer>260</integer>

to:

<key>SampleOffsetPad</key>
<integer>0</integer>

To see if it makes any difference with you

Hello! I've a HP Pavilion DV63236ea with Conexant HD audio. I've installed a driver that I've found in this forum. The sound from integrated speackers is ok, but there isn't any sound from headphones jacks... What can I do? Thanks for your patiente and your collaboration!

Hi All,

I am using JaS OS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 Beta v2 on a Lenovo 3000 N100 which uses the SoundMAX 1986a codec , id=0x11D41986 , Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio id=0x27d88086 , on ICH7.

Using my Linux dump with The Legendary Taruga's Patch AppleHDAPatcher_v1.13 I get Sound out of the headphone output but no sound from the internal speakers, which is what i require.

Could you take a look at my Linux dump and tell me what I need to change, if anything.

Thanks in advance.

Lenovo_codec_0.txt

Taruga, por favor, me ajude... Tá difícil, viu...

Aqui vão minhas informações usando a versão 1.15 (já usei todas as outras também, sem sucesso)

Após rodar o Patch:

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 Taruga v1.15

* Patching AppleHDA.kext to 0x10ec0883 Done

* Checking AppleHDA for patch Done

0001f2c4 cmpl $0x10ec0883,%eax

000203d0 cmpl $0x10ec0883,%eax

* Checking for SPDIF Out Detected

* Checking for SPDIF In Not Detected

* Creating AppleHDA configs

* Using the following nodes in pathmap

Back Mic: 9 34 24

Line In : 8 35 26

Speaker : 20 12 2

Headphone: 27 38 37

Spdif Out: 30 6

* Copying new config to destination Done

* Repairing Permissions

Started verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s2 MacintoshHD

Determining correct file permissions.

The privileges have been verified or repaired on the selected volume

Verify/repair finished permissions on disk disk0s2 MacintoshHD

* Deleting Extensions Cache Done

** Done patching - You can reboot now **

Meu DUMP vai em anexo (reconhecido como ALC883 MSI)

Por favor, me ajuda, Tarugaaaaaaa!!!

hehe

Abraços!

Thanks, brutha!

card0.txt

Edited by propolis

Hey Taruga, how's the development of ALC888+ICH7 (Asrock Conroe MOBO) going on? Any news on it? Could it be finally possible?

Been looking at asm of applehda and there are some calls that are not suported on some codecs, but I have a lot to look for and compare too.

I have to look for another (working alc888) from other vendor to compare amps and mutes

.oO THIS IS MADE FOR KERNEL 8.8.1 , CAN CAUSE KERNEL PANIC WITHOUT IT Oo.

Hi Taruga,

I've a Vaio SZ1 working perfectly exept for Audio and Wireless. I've tried your patch but I got kernel panic because I'm running 8.4.1 kernel. I've tried also to upgrade to semthex 8.8.1 but that kernel doesn't work. There's a way to use your patch without upgrading to 8.8.1?

Thanks a lot for your precious work :lol:

Been looking at asm of applehda and there are some calls that are not suported on some codecs, but I have a lot to look for and compare too.

I have to look for another (working alc888) from other vendor to compare amps and mutes

I'm almost always in the IRC, specially at 18:00, I have an ASRock alc888 ICH7-R MOBO if you want me to test.

I've been doing a fair amount of reading, and have acquired a dump of my P5B's AD1988 cache. I've installed a new kernel and tried to run the installer, which in fact seems to run. But all I get is this:

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 Taruga v1.15

Codec : Analog Devices AD1988

Vendor Id : 0x11d41988

Subsystem Id : 0x104381ec

That's it -- it seems to just stop.

Is there something its checking for that it doesn't find? Could I have mixed things up when patching for use with AppleAzalia?

I've deleted AppleAzalia.kext, removed kextcache, etc, repaired permissions and booted with the DaemonES kernel.

I can't see that it has made any changes to files in my AppleHDA.kext, nor do I have an ACLInject.kext in my /System/Library/Extensions.

Where can I look to see what effects the installer has had? Or what problem its encountering?

Many thanks!

Edited by Giff