Help - boot with Lenovo M900z

luky35

547 posts in this topic

Boot with Sierra USB install and use the disk utility, format your USB disk with GUID partition with HFS format.

I uploaded High Sierro via the USB boot, but DiskUtility does not show any other format options as before.

I see, you can use disk utility in high Sierra and erase the this with APFS to make sure that the disk's layout changes to macOS format and then try to reformat it once more to HFS.

No erase the this with APFS.

Solution:

Deleted USB via terminal using the command:  diskutil eraseDisk HFS + newdisk disk4  (number 4 is my USB disk)

Then format with DiskUtility High Sierra and make a normal USB bootloader, which is done on the EFI disk on the desktop Clover.

:hysterical:  :thumbsup_anim:

Well, Hackintoshing is a bit demanding my friend, but it's not that hard. Just read the posts and you'll get there. You need to add your device ID for your SD card reader to the info.plist of the kext in the post No. 4

Use DPCImanager to find your device ID for the SD card and then add the ID to the kext by right clicking the kext file and select the "Show Package Content" then open the info.plist with textedit or any other text editing app that you like you can also use PlistEdit  which is a great software for editing .plist files. 

One you added the device ID save the file and put the kext inside /EFI/Clover/kext/10.12 or /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and test it.