TASK FORCE - [AMD] to missing SSE4.1 Instruction set - older CPUs on macOS Sierra (10.12.x)

spakk

272 posts in this topic

this kernel works

Working for which kind of AMD CPU ?

If it's older AMD CPU, it's a great news for many users here !

My test showed it always got KP during booting for both FX-6300 and Phenom II x6 1405T hackintosh at 10.12.4/10.12.5.

Working for which kind of AMD CPU ?

If it's older AMD CPU, it's a great news for many users here !

My test showed it always got KP during booting for both FX-6300 and Phenom II x6 1405T hackintosh at 10.12.4/10.12.5.

No, we have not fixed the problems with SSE4.1 yet. I will upload later another one

• 1 month later...

Test kernel for older AMD CPU based on xnu-3789.51.2 (10.12.4)

..later am going to upload the missing system.kext and the frameworks

kernel.zip

• Like 3

Trying to run Mavericks on AMD E2-1800, here is result: I can boot to installer, but installing never finishes, here is log file: https://pastebin.com/raw/AFxhFPd7

i don't know does that help?

unfortunately, you are wrong here, for Maverick you have to use a suitable amd kernel for your APU,use a kernel for FX CPU, this will boot your CPU successfully

Sory, must correct myself

use a suitable amd kernel for older amd CPUs

see here,  without SSSE3 : http://cpuboss.com/cpu/AMD-E2-1800

AMD Athlon X2 4050

attachicon.gifIMG_1060.JPG

Many thanks for checking and reporting. I'm looking for a solution.

• Like 1

I get this error ....please check:
mac_vnode_check_signature: sbin/launchd: Code signature validation failed fatally: When validating /sbin/launchd: The signature could not be validated because AMFI could not load its entitlements for validation: failed getting entitlementsproc 1:
load code signature error 4 for file "launchd" panic (cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80007ac35a): unexpected SIGKILL of launchd (CS_Killed) with reason--namespace 3 code 0x1 descripion When validating /sbin/launchd: The signature could not be validated because AMFI could not load its entitlements for validation: failed getting entitlements

........ any idea?

20170707_232253.jpg

Kernel.zip

• Like 2

I get this error ....please check:

mac_vnode_check_signature: sbin/launchd: Code signature validation failed fatally: When validating /sbin/launchd: The signature could not be validated because AMFI could not load its entitlements for validation: failed getting entitlementsproc 1:

load code signature error 4 for file "launchd" panic (cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80007ac35a): unexpected SIGKILL of launchd (CS_Killed) with reason--namespace 3 code 0x1 descripion When validating /sbin/launchd: The signature could not be validated because AMFI could not load its entitlements for validation: failed getting entitlements

........ any idea?

I get the same error

post-1299088-0-99094300-1499555599_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

check here

https://github.com/0xffea/xnu/blob/master/security/mac_vfs.c

its an old version but maybe u can find it in your kernel source

maybe also here https://github.com/oza/FreeBSD-8.0-dyntick/blob/master/sys/security/mac/mac_vfs.c

@jalavoui

Thanks for your message
The previous changes in mac_vfs.c have not reached the desired destination but as soon as I'm at home, I'll look at the two links in detail.

• 1 month later...

I go forward only with small steps

attached a new kernel, unfortunately kernel stops, see picture

... and neglect to answer to the bootargs I've used. :P
@jalavoui, If you have interest to work on a solution, then send me a message

Kernel.zip

20170830_020933.png

• Like 1

I go forward only with small steps

attached a new kernel, unfortunately kernel stops, see picture

... and neglect to answer to the bootargs I've used. :P

@jalavoui, If you have interest to work on a solution, then send me a message

Spakk can you try this kernel please. Minimal edits to boot on AMD and an older OPEMU with SSE42 in it. May possibly need SSE41.

kernel.zip

Spakk can you try this kernel please. Minimal edits to boot on AMD and an older OPEMU with SSE42 in it. May possibly need SSE41.

I'll check later, shane

send you later the diff-file, then you can see what I've made changes.

Try changing kern_sig.c and hope that is doing something :Dhope I am on the right way and not go wrong way

I'll check later, shane

send you later the diff-file, then you can see what I've made changes.

Try changing kern_sig.c and hope that is doing something :D

Sure. The kernel I posted only has Cupid, tsc, fpu, laptic_native and opemu edits to run with minimal edits. It still boots my FX with no issues at all. The OPEMU used is that of AnV with his base SSE4.2 edits.

Okay then add the changes from my diff ( opemu folder as well as the instrinc from the header folder and the trap.c ) in your source and generate a new kernel

• Like 1