TASK FORCE - [AMD] to missing SSE4.1 Instruction set - older CPUs on macOS Sierra (10.12.x)

spakk

272 posts in this topic

This looks like something else.  These people has a fix for intel cpu https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/kernel-panic-and-reboot-while-installing-sierra-g4500-h110.207109/ .

this is not our problem, the problem of that people is that Skylake pentiums (that supports also sse4.1) needs fake cpu id to work, we are instead working with cpus that needs a lot of kernel mods to run properly, specifically an engine to emulate sse4.1 instructions that are missing in older cpus

unfortunately no luck, at the end the system stops at this point.

What changes did you make?

15085252028401320700673.jpg

same problem

Edit:

current bootloader version is better than previous version. The image shows another panic message from my last faulty kernel

Screenshot_last_kernel_2017-10-21-11-37-51.png

• Like 1

same problem

Edit:

current bootloader version is better than previous version. The image shows another panic message from my last faulty kernel

That means something else is wrong.

My change handles invalid opcode traps for all sse4.1 instructions with emulations.

All the emulations are tested against compiler intrinsics.

• Like 1

That means something else is wrong.

My change handles invalid opcode traps for all sse4.1 instructions with emulations.

All the emulations are tested against compiler intrinsics.

okay, would it be possible to publish the sse4.1 emulator?

edit:

I've also been using the gcc compiler intrinsics (sse4.1) in my source but without success :(

okay, would it be possible to publish the sse4.1 emulator?

edit:

I've also been using the gcc compiler intrinsics (sse4.1) in my source but without success :(

Here you go.  May the source be with you.  Notice there is a bug fix for libuids86.

A separate patch is needed for standalone libuids86 because that file is generated at compile time.

Can not use intrinsics for this, circular logic. 

patch.zip

• Like 3