HELP TOPIC - [RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)

spakk

410 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I'm new here.

I would like to know if its possible to dual boot Mac OS on a Windows PC. I don't have a Mac and need the OS for Xcode.

Can someone tell me the steps required to achieve that?

I have a Ryzen 1700 and GTX 1060 with Asus Prime B350 Mobo.

Even if dual boot isn't possible, but if virtual machine is, then also it's fine. I just want Xcode to be working somehow.

Thanks, guys.

Hi Guys, I'm new here.

I would like to know if its possible to dual boot Mac OS on a Windows PC. I don't have a Mac and need the OS for Xcode.

Can someone tell me the steps required to achieve that?

I have a Ryzen 1700 and GTX 1060 with Asus Prime B350 Mobo.

Even if dual boot isn't possible, but if virtual machine is, then also it's fine. I just want Xcode to be working somehow.

Thanks, guys.

Yes , dual boot is possible .. better if you have a separate hard drive for each os.

the best guide you can find is in my signature link  .

• Like 1

Yes , dual boot is possible .. better if you have a separate hard drive for each os.

the best guide you can find is in my signature link  .

Alright thanks man i'll check out Gigamax's guide. I hope it mentions about dual booting also.

And currently I don't have separate hard drives for each OS.

Here's what is used to make a USB installer, part 1.

I was asking for a help to install Ryzen Sierra kernel on a VmWare, i don't know what to do with the files you gave me.

Plus that archive contains Clover, as far as i know it's a bootloader, I don't think I need it for VmWare image.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Thanks so much to all of the contributors to getting Ryzen & Sierra up and running!

Thanks to all of the contributors to the Kernel Development as well as the Installation Guides, I have a stable boot and feel confident now that I can troubleshoot many issues that I may encounter. It has been a giant learning experience!

I am using:

Gigabyte GTX Gaming 5,

PNY nvidia GTX 960,

Ryzen 5 1600x

I am using Clover to allow for easy use of NVidia web drivers.

My problem now is that when I view System report and look at USB devices the screen says "No Information Found." This is odd because my Keyboard and Mouse all work fine, and when I connect my cell phone to my computer it connects in Developer mode, but there is still no information in the System Report about the connected devices.

Is there any advice that you can give?

I feel like I am so close to having a fully working setup, I feel like this problem and getting my Bluetooth dongle to work are the last two steps.

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

Thanks so much to all of the contributors to getting Ryzen & Sierra up and running!

Thanks to all of the contributors to the Kernel Development as well as the Installation Guides, I have a stable boot and feel confident now that I can troubleshoot many issues that I may encounter. It has been a giant learning experience!

I am using:

Gigabyte GTX Gaming 5,

PNY nvidia GTX 960,

Ryzen 5 1600x

My problem now is that when I view System report and look at USB devices the screen says "No Information Found." This is odd because my Keyboard and Mouse all work fine, and when I connect my cell phone to my computer it connects in Developer mode, but there is still no information in the System Report about the connected devices.

I feel like I am so close to having a fully working setup, I feel like this problem and getting my Bluetooth dongle to work are the last two steps.

Thanks in advance!

Same problem here , the only solution is delete the GenericUSBXHCI.kext ( s/l/e or l/e ) and move your connections to the usb 3.1 port ( over the NIC ) you will have only 2 ports operatives but all will work fine on this ports.

• Like 1

Hello!

I am using:

Gigabyte GTX Gaming 5,

PNY nvidia GTX 960,

Ryzen 5 1600x

Thanks in advance!

U ar using dummyusbehcipci.kext/generic usbxhcipci.kext?delete them and repair ur s/l/e,,then reboot if u got no error received like usb halted did not set as expected and u can use ur usb mouse and keyboard,that is good...now go to system information and check your usb i

Same problem here , the only solution is delete the GenericUSBXHCI.kext ( s/l/e or l/e ) and move your connections to the usb 3.1 port ( over the NIC ) you will have only 2 ports operatives but all will work fine on this ports.

U ar using dummyusbehcipci.kext/generic usbxhcipci.kext?delete them and repair ur s/l/e,,then reboot if u got no error received like usb halted did not set as expected and u can use ur usb mouse and keyboard,that is good...now go to system information and check your usb i

Thank you I will try both of these solutions tonight and let you know how it goes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I am installing via pandora usb installer method and installing clover it says that there is no ESP to use when I try to click use the ESP as target

I also don't get an EFI disk?

Open up Disk Utility and click your USB stick. Check Partition Map is GUID Partition Map. I'm guessing yours is MBR.

Help Requested if Possible for updating to 10.12.6

Currently running:

AMD 1600 OC- 3.75

16GB 2667 ram XMP enabled 

AX370 Gaming k5 Aorus gigabyte MB

GTX 970 Windforce

PCI wifi/bt adapter (working)

Currently using SMBIOS 14,2

w Boot: busratio=36 and npci=0x3000/// Nvidiaweb driver enabled 

Issue that I am having is once I update in App Store to 10.12.6 and Hackintosh restarts, I get back to my clover screen but when trying to start up I am unable to. I get black screen. Cannot even get info from -v. I am not sure if I need to change any kexts before updating or change something in clover before booting. 

What I have tried all ready:

Disabled all kexts during boot

unchecked Nvidiaweb during boot

changed busratio=32,34,36,38

Any help is greatly appreciated, my method of installation is via windows transmac method. ( not sure if this makes a difference once OS X is installed)

*Random Sidenote* When I have my XMP profile enabled and CPU overclocked I get a much lower score in single/muli core results in Geekbench 4 than stock. Im assuming using that as a measurement is prob not accurate and incorrect but I just thought that was weird.

Help Requested if Possible for updating to 10.12.6

Currently running:

AMD 1600 OC- 3.75

16GB 2667 ram XMP enabled 

AX370 Gaming k5 Aorus gigabyte MB

GTX 970 Windforce

PCI wifi/bt adapter (working)

Currently using SMBIOS 14,2

w Boot: busratio=36 and npci=0x3000/// Nvidiaweb driver enabled 

Issue that I am having is once I update in App Store to 10.12.6 and Hackintosh restarts, I get back to my clover screen but when trying to start up I am unable to. I get black screen. Cannot even get info from -v. I am not sure if I need to change any kexts before updating or change something in clover before booting. 

What I have tried all ready:

Disabled all kexts during boot

unchecked Nvidiaweb during boot

changed busratio=32,34,36,38

Any help is greatly appreciated, my method of installation is via windows transmac method. ( not sure if this makes a difference once OS X is installed)

*Random Sidenote* When I have my XMP profile enabled and CPU overclocked I get a much lower score in single/muli core results in Geekbench 4 than stock. Im assuming using that as a measurement is prob not accurate and incorrect but I just thought that was weird.

Add nv_disable=1 to boot arg. and uncheck web drivers.

Tried to install sierra 10.12.6 (mbr patch) method chameleon bootloader 2839.

http://tech.firstpost.com/product/laptops/me-icon-l-1015-f-specification-244922.html

? My laptop

Uploading image of where m getting stuck

Tried -f GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 nv_enabler=1

Chameleon bootloader worked once for me... don't know how but it did... clover never worked for me

Currently using niresh's Yosemite zone. Want to use sierra now.

Please help

Tried to install sierra 10.12.6 (mbr patch) method chameleon bootloader 2839.

http://tech.firstpost.com/product/laptops/me-icon-l-1015-f-specification-244922.html

My laptop

Uploading image of where m getting stuck

Tried -f GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 nv_enabler=1

Chameleon bootloader worked once for me... don't know how but it did... clover never worked for me

Currently using niresh's Yosemite zone. Want to use sierra now.

Please help

This is the wrong site for intel CPU (Processor Intel Core i3-2370M) , this help topic is only for AMD CPUs

For Sandy Bridge, look at this video guide: https://ruclip.com/video/IULkDIO0f0I/install-macos-sierra-1012-final-on-hackintosh.html

Add nv_disable=1 to boot arg. and uncheck web drivers.

file:///var/folders/zw/177n23bx789bspllg2zskgxc0000gn/T/IMG_0735.jpg

after downloading the software from App Store I tried to install it yet again and still a no go. I did disable web drivers and tried booting with nv_disable=1 and still did not work. I took a picture of they error after it gets back to clover start up screen. Also watching the install I did notice it went from 29 minutes to install and 2 minutes later it went to 16 minutes and sat there for 4 minutes and then restarted. So at this point I am assuming that it is not installing fully properly but don't know what to do. Hope someone can figure this out. ill be reinstalling 12.5 in the meantime for a next attempt.

after downloading the software from App Store I tried to install it yet again and still a no go. I did disable web drivers and tried booting with nv_disable=1 and still did not work. I took a picture of they error after it gets back to clover start up screen. Also watching the install I did notice it went from 29 minutes to install and 2 minutes later it went to 16 minutes and sat there for 4 minutes and then restarted. So at this point I am assuming that it is not installing fully properly but don't know what to do. Hope someone can figure this out. ill be reinstalling 12.5 in the meantime for a next attempt.

I don't think you will be able to see my picture so this is what I get during loading in -v

sxAptioFixDRV: starting overrides for \System\Libary\CoreService\boot.efi

Using reloc block : no, hibernate wake: no

Error allocating 0x359 pages at 0x00000000009bcb000 alloc type 2 

couldn't allocate device tree

boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

I don't think you will be able to see my picture so this is what I get during loading in -v

Using reloc block : no, hibernate wake: no

Error allocating 0x359 pages at 0x00000000009bcb000 alloc type 2 

couldn't allocate device tree

boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

Is there one ******************************************************************* of these?     

This is happening right away, right?     Looks like the kernel isn't loading.    

Clover or Chasmeleon boot loader? 

Did you install the AMD kernel, and other files following a guide?   If you installed or replaced the kernel already, try it again and run Kext Wizzard after replacing.

Is there one ******************************************************************* of these?     

This is happening right away, right?     Looks like the kernel isn't loading.    

Clover or Chasmeleon boot loader? 

Did you install the AMD kernel, and other files following a guide?   If you installed or replaced the kernel already, try it again and run Kext Wizzard after replacing.

This is happening right away and I do not see any ******************************** during loading. 

followed by +++++++++++++++++++ but then restarts.

I am using clover bootloader

The way that I installed everything was I watched the guy on youtube that loaded the OS X from transmac in windows and installed that way. I then copied his kexts from a folder. He does have chameleon but I never used it before so not sure what I was doing. 

Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Try this using search at the bottom of first post there is a disk edit package. There is a kernel and prelinked kernel and a video to show how to install the files. Just replace the kernel and prelinked kernel and follow first boot method.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All. I recently decided to attempt this foray into AMD Hackintoshing and ran into lots of snags. Fortunately, I ran into a lot of similar issues as I did have a KVM virtual machine install of Sierra with hardware redirection as my daily driver, so I was used to the headaches  :hysterical:

My installation method differed just a bit. I realized a lot of problems people are having are booting into the installer. I decided to forego all of this and go via an alternate installation method. Lots of people are saying to perform an install with an SSD and then just insert it into your machine. However, I only have an NVMe Samsung Pro 960 so my options were a bit limited. Here is the installation method I performed:

1. As a proof of concept, I decided to perform a target install of Sierra on a USB drive. I have a 12 inch macbook I can use to achieve this, but this can also be done via VMWare as long as you are writing to USB.

2. Ensure USB drive is bootable by holding down option, and selecting Name of macOS install that resides on external drive. Once you have confirmed you can boot on regular intel hardware, move on.

3. Boot into your normal environment (intel/VM) and run RyzenPatcher python script and specify the USB drive as the target volume.

4. Install clover on ESP/EFI partition of USB drive and replace with the clover distribution that is provided in USB Installer file in gigamaxx's tutorial

5. Insert USB drive into Ryzen box, and boot clover from USB Drive. If it detects the macOS install on your USB Stick, it should boot.

6. Select macOS install on the USB drive.

7. Ensure desktop fully initializes. If you can use the install on the USB drive, then your proof of concept is complete. I used this as a live CD environment to get Sierra install complete on my NVMe drive.

-----

These steps were done after I confirmed my USB drive live environment worked:

8. Grabbed all kexts to ensure my hardware was fully accounted for. I placed all in S/L/E and ran kext wizard/repaired perms. I was able to get my live CD environment to recognize my NVMe drive as well as my RealTek NIC. 

9. Grabbed Sierra Install from App store (This may not be necessary)

10. mounted InstallESD.dmg. 

11. Here is where I hit a snag. I realized that if I were to reboot and specify the target partition, it would not boot due to missing Ryzen Kernel. I realized there must be a way to simulate an OS install without actually running the installer. I looked and noticed there were 5 PKGs. I formatted the target partition on my NVMe drive (One that also houses my exFAT data and Win10 install) and did the following:

installer OSInstall.mpkg --target /Volumes/TARGET_VOLUME -verbose

Verbose is important as you will have no indication of what is happening. You should see the following in your prompt:

Starting OSInstall
#### (with repeating hash marks)

Ensure this completes. This silently unpackages the files necessary for the OS to run.

12. Ran RyzenPatcher against the target partition on NVME drive.

13. Insert Ethernet/NVMe kexts on /S/L/E of Target partition. Run kext wizard.

14. Copy aMD prelinked kernel just in case and AMD kernel.

15. Reboot. 

I was able to do the above steps in one go entirely from my Live CD environment. I also extracted the pkgs to an exFAT data partition once my live CD found my NVMe drive. This sped up install substantially. 

I'm having problems with audio and slow Nvidia performance, but overall this does work.

• Like 1

That does not belong here! Move the content to here ==== > http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/

The absolute chaos in the AMD area after months of sick stay. No idea where I should start to clean up. 

Sory for these words but it is unfortunately true ^_^

... But there is no sound ...

Spec for GA-AB350: http://www.gigabyte.de/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-rev-10#sp

Audio

Audio

Realtek® ALC887 codec
    High Definition Audio
    2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
    * To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
    Support for S/PDIF Out

For ALC887 codec use the collection of Toleda or the applehda patcher tool from Mirone/Micky: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/

It should work without using voodooHDA