HELP TOPIC - [RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)

spakk

410 posts in this topic

I've tried the auto kernel (assuming there has only been one version of it), what is "16.5"?

It's the auto kernel.

I'm using the 4/27 kernel at the moment, if you right click on the kernels and select get info. The date should show up. That how I keep track of them. Go back to Ryzen patcher files and try rc2 or rc4 kernel but you also need to replace or merge the frameworks and system kext to match the kernel version. My X370 setup has not worked with the 16.5 auto kernel yet,

I could fix the problem with the USB ports now  :thumbsup_anim:

There are also no abrupt shutdowns anymore since USB thing is fixed. Don't know how this belongs together.

But the big problem still is that my OS X is running too fast. The whole system is too fast. Clock is running too fast (see video here: http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/jGeEASlI/file.html)and you can see that it's too fast when there appear animations e.g. in the dock. How could I fix this?  

Busratio is set to 32, FSB to 100 according to what my UEFI is showing me

I've tried the auto kernel (assuming there has only been one version of it), what is "16.5"?

Reload the Frameworks and kernel and system files.   make sure to use kext wizard.    I just went through an update and recovered 12.4-12.5 the Extensions folder was replaced.

This is the Auto Kernel package 16.5 I finally got it to boot, there is one folder in there that I was missing before for testing.   don't use busratio=xx.        If first boot gets panic, hit space bar and select verbose, single user, keep symbols, don't reboot on panic, and debugkexts.    fFollow the prompts root:   mount -uw/

root: fsck -fy

root: exit

It should boot into final loading of update.    Now I'm down to npci=0x3000 for boot arg.

kernel_16.5 auto.zip

AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING! :hyper:

I had 10.12.0 on and working this morning, but after upgrading to 10.12.5 and applying the Ryzen patching etc. it failed again. Then, having seen Gigamaxx' updated auto kernel, I made a fresh 10.12.5 install, ran the Ryzen patcher, applied the auto kernel files, and ran Kext Wizard. Presto! a working system, just need to sort USB (nothing shows in the USB section of System Information), make it say something other than "Generic AHCI Controller" for SATA, and get rid of the Orange drive icons.

Also need to figure out why My Ryzen system doesn't like an identical install on a 64GB thumb drive, selecting it in the UEFI boot menu results in a blank screen rather than Clover and if I have the drive plugged in and try to use Clover on something else it plays up too, wasn't always playing up, just during the last few days which means I'll have to find another HDD to act as a backup system.

Many, many thanks to Gigamaxx

Setting my busratio to 30 makes me getting closer to fix the problem. Now a Mac-minute is 56 seconds in realtime.

But still annoying, you can feel that it doesn't fit. When watching videos, the visual stuff runs faster than the sound. After a short period of time you can feel it's getting async.

Setting my busratio to 30 makes me getting closer to fix the problem. Now a Mac-minute is 56 seconds in realtime.

But still annoying, you can feel that it doesn't fit. When watching videos, the visual stuff runs faster than the sound. After a short period of time you can feel it's getting async.

Try adding these frameworks, Systemkext, and 16.5 auto kernel.     They go in System/Library/ Extensions(systemkext), Frameworks(frameworks files), and Kernels folders.    When you add the Frameworks folders use Merge option if available.    Make sure to run Kext Wizzard before reboot.      Remove busratio=xx command from boot arguments.

kernel_16.5 auto.zip

post-1753549-0-64041300-1497022114_thumb.png

which is the best / easy method to install ?

i have now a hd with a fresh sierra 10.12.1 installed ( i made this on a mbp of a friend)

but i don't know how to proceed .. because the usb boot i made , don't boot...

also i have all default in the BIOS .. do i need change something ?

please help .

which is the best / easy method to install ?

i have now a hd with a fresh sierra 10.12.1 installed ( i made this on a mbp of a friend)

but i don't know how to proceed .. because the usb boot i made , don't boot...

please help .

Use Ryzen Patcher method, it wil, survive the updates better to 12.5. Google Ryzen Patcher, it will lead you back to this site. I wrote a quick guide on page one.

• Like 1

Use Ryzen Patcher method, it wil, survive the updates better to 12.5. Google Ryzen Patcher, it will lead you back to this site. I wrote a quick guide on page one.

Thanks !!!!

Yes i looked this :

https://github.com/jaytarang92/ryzenPatcher

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323547-ryzenpatcher-thread-for-channeling-info-about-updates/

edit:

Do i need move something in the bios .. or whit the default settings are ok ?

Try adding these frameworks, Systemkext, and 16.5 auto kernel.     They go in System/Library/ Extensions(systemkext), Frameworks(frameworks files), and Kernels folders.    When you add the Frameworks folders use Merge option if available.    Make sure to run Kext Wizzard before reboot.      Remove busratio=xx command from boot arguments.

This killed my Sierra :(

Have a look at the screenshot

post-1316889-0-69222100-1497035209_thumb.jpg

Did not have the choice to replace or to merge. Only replace was possible.

edit: Tried a second time, merge worked. Now stuck in bootloop after the "+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

Edit by spakk:

Die frameworks dürfen nur mit der Option "Zusammenführen" eingefügt werden, da sonst das System beim nächsten Bootvorgang nicht booten wird.

Edited by spakk

Did not have the choice to replace or to merge. Only replace was possible.edit: Tried a second time, merge worked. Now stuck in bootloop after the "+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

Replace the kernel again and run kext wizzard. It's not grabbing the kernel.

Hello guys, I don't want to interrupt the conversation here but I need a little help with my Ryzen 7 Hackintosh.

I followed Gigamaxx's install strategy of creating a clean Sierra install then running the Ryzen patcher, installing Enoch bootloader, etc. That part worked, I now can boot the hack to 10.12.5.

I found LAN drivers and was able to install them in /Extras successfully, now have internet access. 

My display, however is an AOC 4k display and will only display in 1280x1024 regardless of boot options or how I modify org.chameleon.Boot.plist any ideas on this? That is my main problem at the moment, I have 2 4K monitors I would like to have working properly.

Also, my USB ports are unstable. They work, but for example if I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in, I must restart for it to be recognized. External hard drives seem to be hot swappable though. The front panel USB ports also don't work at all.

I am experimenting with Audio drivers right now, trying to get some kind of audio to work if possible. I have Pandora's Box, but I really don't know what I'm doing with it and I don't want to break anything.

I would really appreciate any advice!

Update: My GPU is not recognized. I tried installing NVIDIA web drivers but GPU is still not recognized. I tried boot flag "nvda_drv=1" and still not recognized, booted using the macOS driver.

Edit:

Ryzen 7 1700x

ASUS Prime x370-PRO

GTX1070

16GB Corsair

500GB NVME

if u replace the frameworks before u cant merge it in a second time,,u dont need this patch if ur ryzen build works without it

Yes, if you update 12.4-12.5 you get new frameworks files and can merge them, if using previously merged frameworks files you can merge but now you have two or three variants. Merging should be done on fresh installs and fresh updated files only.

For testing, it's always good to spend the time to copy complete folders like System, Library, Users to desktop of working Mac or hack. This way you can replace them and re-edit to change configuration.

If you are changing kernels, you need to look at the frameworks files, the auto kernel has updated versions so if you have RC2 or RC4 kernel frameworks you need to update them to the auto 16.5 files.

I did this, kernel panic on first boot. Next boot attempts all end up in a bootloop after "+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

hit space bar and select verbose, single user, keep symbols, don't reboot, debugkexts.

if stops at root: use mount -uw hit enter use fsck -fy hit enter. wait then use exit hit enter. After this it may open or reboot.

post-1753549-0-62414900-1497128075_thumb.jpg

post-1753549-0-22497900-1497128119_thumb.jpg

F*cked my machine by installing chameleon again to try and fix my gpu issues, going to have to install again XD

When you instal chameloen again you have to remove the boot file (non compatible with Ryzen) using Pacifist. Then replace with the Bronya boot. Maybe look at the usr as well.

When you instal chameloen again you have to remove the boot file (non compatible with Ryzen) using Pacifist. Then replace with the Bronya boot. Maybe look at the usr as well.

Oh yeah thats probably why! Sweet thanks 

EDIT: didn't work screen started switching input, going to take out second GPU