HELP TOPIC - [RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)

spakk

410 posts in this topic

@Gigamaxx I'm back on Chameleon and able to boot into Sierra Bit only when using the 7100GS.

How the hell can I get my 280X to work?

The graphics card is the reason why I changed to Clover.

When I would install Sierra again and use the RyzenPatcher, can I use Clover then or are there any other requirements?

@Gigamaxx I'm back on Chameleon and able to boot into Sierra Bit only when using the 7100GS.

When I would install Sierra again and use the RyzenPatcher, can I use Clover then or are there any other requirements?

With Chameleon try booting with AtiConfig=Hamachi

• Like 1

Try using gt 710 in slot one and R9 in slot two. Use the Nvidia card to get in and then see what happens with the R9. I did that, in the beginning my R7 265 had same issue but after running both cards to get booted I was able to use only the R7 265 (R9 270). Futomaki, did you try that one as well.

Clover, it's not quite ready yet for mass consumption yet. There is no clear and repeatable method yet. Soon though, it will be easier.

what ?

no FakeSMC ?

:frantics:

It was mentioned earlier that Bronya had written that into the Kernel along with nullcpumanagementkext. It won't hurt to add it though, it may help with R9 card. I had FakeSMCkext and still had trouble getting R9 to work in the beginning. I have Ryzen working with gt210 and RX 480 without FakeSMCkext and a disk with it as well, it won't hurt to try it.

• Like 2

Okay thanks a million Gigamaxx for the tutorial and everyone else for their part in the development  :drool:  :thumbsup_anim:  Wasn't too keen on buying a new Mac Pro due to the cost as I have my Ryzen build but its all working!, almost.

Just one tiny problem is my graphics I am having troubles with the monitor resolution and on the login screen I get flashing white bars? I am not too sure what Nvidia kext to install as there are quite a few (1050ti OC).

Also another issue is my boot takes ages like almost an hour  :blush: even after a reboot it took that long again :? :/ 

Okay thanks a million Gigamaxx for the tutorial and everyone else for their part in the development  :drool:  :thumbsup_anim:  Wasn't too keen on buying a new Mac Pro due to the cost as I have my Ryzen build but its all working!, almost.

Just one tiny problem is my graphics I am having troubles with the monitor resolution and on the login screen I get flashing white bars? I am not too sure what Nvidia kext to install as there are quite a few (1050ti OC).

Also another issue is my boot takes ages like almost an hour  :blush: even after a reboot it took that long again :? :/

The white bars are normal when your graphics are running on only default framebuffers. For 1080ti you will probably need too wait for a clover solution to get the web drivers to work.

If you download IORegistryExplorer you should see very minimal default framebuffers loaded, if you can please post a copy of IORegistry.

@jono4191, I found that using my wifi card in pci slots with graphics cards at the same time made a big difference depending on which slot I put it in. I placed it in the top pci 2.0 slot and have graphics in slot one. When I placed the wifi in pci 2.0 between the graphics cards (middle of board) it gave me problems.

Check in your bios for PCI config, choose auto, and try moving card(s) to other slots.

The white bars are normal when your graphics are running on only default framebuffers. For 1080ti you will probably need too wait for a clover solution to get the web drivers to work.

If you download IORegistryExplorer you should see very minimal default framebuffers loaded, if you can please post a copy of IORegistry.

@jono4191, I found that using my wifi card in pci slots with graphics cards at the same time made a big difference depending on which slot I put it in. I placed it in the top pci 2.0 slot and have graphics in slot one. When I placed the wifi in pci 2.0 between the graphics cards (middle of board) it gave me problems.

Check in your bios for PCI config, choose auto, and try moving card(s) to other slots.

Here's that and yes I also had wifi card problems going to check changing it around

https://ufile.io/2aalfWouldn't let me upload to here

Fixed my graphics problem! and my boot time wasn't an hour now! Messed about with some of the chameleon files and sorted it 

It seems that by installing a theme it messes up my boot loader and makes it take ages to load :/

• Like 1

I reinstalled Sierra on a SSD and will give it a try only with Clover.

That I can see that Clover recognizes my graphics card correctly makes me hope that I can get my Hackintosh to run with correct graphics finally.

Do I need the RyzenPatcher here too?

But I really don't know which settings I have to use in Clover :(

I'm using enoch 2877 as a boot loader and enabling FileNVRAM module to enabling nvidia web driver, at least it work for my 1070.

• Like 1

I reinstalled Sierra on a SSD and will give it a try only with Clover.

That I can see that Clover recognizes my graphics card correctly makes me hope that I can get my Hackintosh to run with correct graphics finally.

Do I need the RyzenPatcher here too?

But I really don't know which settings I have to use in Clover :(

I asked you to post your config.plist, but obviously you do not want to try to make your video card go

I asked you to post your config.plist, but obviously you do not want to try to make your video card go

I reinstalled because I thought it would be crappy to install Clover over an existing Chameleon.

Will post after the weekend ;)

My friend asked me to build him a hackentosh. He would like to have GTX 1080 TI and the strongest processor he can still get in budget. That would probably be Ryzen 7 or Ryzen 5 CPU. Depending on price of the rest of components. He would also like to have NVMe disk and one mechanical HDD. Is there a how to and/or list of recommended components. And needless to say. I'm totally new with this so I would need a lot of help. I'm reading this forum and I can't figure out how far is a Ryzen... are there any issues. Everything works? Or is better to go with 6600 or 6700 on Intel side... There are build lists allover youtube... Also this was not requested but I'm just curious. Can you do a multiboot with windows?

My friend asked me to build him a hackentosh. He would like to have GTX 1080 TI and the strongest processor he can still get in budget. That would probably be Ryzen 7 or Ryzen 5 CPU. Depending on price of the rest of components. He would also like to have NVMe disk and one mechanical HDD. Is there a how to and/or list of recommended components. And needless to say. I'm totally new with this so I would need a lot of help. I'm reading this forum and I can't figure out how far is a Ryzen... are there any issues. Everything works? Or is better to go with 6600 or 6700 on Intel side... There are build lists allover youtube... Also this was not requested but I'm just curious. Can you do a multiboot with windows?

hello,

It is complicated to advise AMD hardware for Hackintosh, Ryzen works well compared to its predecessors AMD CPU, remains no less, that it remains complex to the implementation, it concerns that the CPU, now Intel hardware has its Problems, some hardware less compatible than hardware AMD, around the CPU, there are other chipset like USB / GPU / network etc ...

The dualboot windows is functional as well as with chameleon and clover :)

It is a choice to make knowing that Apple uses only Intel CPUs :)

post-2087795-0-51715400-1496350921_thumb.png

post-2087795-0-90004200-1496350940_thumb.png

post-2087795-0-68634500-1496350962_thumb.png

My friend asked me to build him a hackentosh. He would like to have GTX 1080 TI and the strongest processor he can still get in budget. That would probably be Ryzen 7 or Ryzen 5 CPU. Depending on price of the rest of components. He would also like to have NVMe disk and one mechanical HDD. Is there a how to and/or list of recommended components. And needless to say. I'm totally new with this so I would need a lot of help. I'm reading this forum and I can't figure out how far is a Ryzen... are there any issues. Everything works? Or is better to go with 6600 or 6700 on Intel side... There are build lists allover youtube... Also this was not requested but I'm just curious. Can you do a multiboot with windows?

I have a pascal gpu and it barely works

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have a pascal gpu and it barely works

But it is worth getting those parts for Windows and the Mac is partially functional in my case

Thanks for replying ...

Well I'm not afraid of a challenge especially since Ryzen gives so much more for a same price. I see that your system uses Ryzen... What is your configuration? What issues do you have? I see you have a different GPU but I can probably copy the rest... Are there any issues you know of with 1080ti? I never used a mack so I will not even pretend to know what iMasage is but I know it was not working on older AMDs... What about Ryzen? Any other issue like that.