[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

Yo MaLd0n - just want give you a big thanks 

...I screwed up my Mojave upgrade (looking back - trying to upgrade from a Nvidia to and card and do a Mojave upgrade all at once was probably not a good idea lol) and spent 2 days looking around on google, and especially tonymac, and nothing could help me get just a simple clean install of Mojave going ...then I found your guide and followed it - sweet! now got a running Mojave box

big thanks - you rock! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

...got one question about the guide.  It seems like all my stuff is working right now, and I checked my config.plist has the values set right like you said - so should I - or anyone following your guide - then worry more about SSDT?

...the guide doesn't say if/when you should check that more

And finally I got one problem that is driving me crazy - my usb (mouse and keyboard) both will freeze for a second every 5 seconds - which basically makes the machine pretty hard to use right now 

...any clues whats up with that?????

I have strange minor problem here,

on my PC I have 2 separate ssd 1 is corsair MP500 256Gb and other is Samsung 970 evo 500Gb, first I try Hackintosh with this machine I installed on MP500 and everything went very smooth, sleep, wake, etc but things a little bit different went I try to move to bigger SSD which is Samsung 970 evo 500Gb, I have try clone copy and fresh install but both way resulting same problem.

The problem is when my monitor/display off my display can't wake properly it is just blank screen and seems like kernel panic happen (I don't really now because I can't trace the problem)

I have try replacing EFI folder from MP500 SSD still the same, trying with new EFI (clover) problem still persist. clearing NVRAM, re-building kext, etc also still can't solve the problem.

Do I have to take out the first installation drive? I really cant see it will influence the problem on the second drive

does anyone here have any idea/clue for my problem? did I miss something? 

10 hours ago, yahbai said:

Yo MaLd0n - just want give you a big thanks 

...I screwed up my Mojave upgrade (looking back - trying to upgrade from a Nvidia to and card and do a Mojave upgrade all at once was probably not a good idea lol) and spent 2 days looking around on google, and especially tonymac, and nothing could help me get just a simple clean install of Mojave going ...then I found your guide and followed it - sweet! now got a running Mojave box

big thanks - you rock! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

...got one question about the guide.  It seems like all my stuff is working right now, and I checked my config.plist has the values set right like you said - so should I - or anyone following your guide - then worry more about SSDT?

...the guide doesn't say if/when you should check that more

And finally I got one problem that is driving me crazy - my usb (mouse and keyboard) both will freeze for a second every 5 seconds - which basically makes the machine pretty hard to use right now 

...any clues whats up with that?????

post files

RunMe.app

10 hours ago, fireedo said:

I have strange minor problem here,

on my PC I have 2 separate ssd 1 is corsair MP500 256Gb and other is Samsung 970 evo 500Gb, first I try Hackintosh with this machine I installed on MP500 and everything went very smooth, sleep, wake, etc but things a little bit different went I try to move to bigger SSD which is Samsung 970 evo 500Gb, I have try clone copy and fresh install but both way resulting same problem.

The problem is when my monitor/display off my display can't wake properly it is just blank screen and seems like kernel panic happen (I don't really now because I can't trace the problem)

I have try replacing EFI folder from MP500 SSD still the same, trying with new EFI (clover) problem still persist. clearing NVRAM, re-building kext, etc also still can't solve the problem.

Do I have to take out the first installation drive? I really cant see it will influence the problem on the second drive

does anyone here have any idea/clue for my problem? did I miss something? 

no idea

5 hours ago, Faradis said:

@MaLd0n
Is Mojave going to farmat my whole drive HDD to Apfs even its alreay formatted to HFS??

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/944-mojave-mbr-hfs-firmware-check-patch/

2 hours ago, sashik said:

Hi MaLdon, Would you like to see my files, seems like I need new DSDT.aml

And yet how can I prevent my system from sleep (because of sleep it crashing).

Send me Alexs-iMac.zip

Thanks a lot man!

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

post files

RunMe.app

When I rebooted the problem with the mouse/kbd jerkinesss had gone away!  :shock: 

...so that looked OK. The noisy vega fans is a problem everyone's having it seems, so need to wait on that

...but then i tried to use migration to copy over my files and apps from from high sierra backup, and that resulted in the machine refusing to boot after it finished :wallbash:

...so i'm just in the middle of re-installing mojave from your USB installer again!

but gotta say huge thanks to you for putting this all together for everyone and helping out with questions!:thumbsup_anim:

37 minutes ago, yahbai said:

Thanks! ...here's my runme:D

...problems is nada showing up in system info under PCI, preview/quicklook not working for jpg's and vid card fan going nuts at idle (like everyone's it looks like:wallbash:)

...but all HW seems to be working

Send me The Devils own -iMac.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

vega have a fan problem, try with vegatab.kext, have one tread here about it

Im a newbie on hackingtoch. Trying to install this on a:

Gigabyte x299
i9
1080ti
Samsung M 1Tb x2 M drives. 
32Gb ram.

I managed to get osx installed but the post install I for sure do something wrong. 

Anyone here able to help?  I get to the point where the file on the attachment with the code is selected... I dont have that .txt file as I understand its the config for the give setup. How can I get such file?

PastedGraphic-5.png

what's up, my friend MaLd0n. I tried to do a clean install but it arrives in 2 minutes and crashes. I've changed the USB ports but it's still the same. What do you think it might be?

P.S. I'm using Olarila's image.

IMG_20180926_224220.jpg

Edited by XgeanX

3 hours ago, Björn benckert said:

Im a newbie on hackingtoch. Trying to install this on a:

Gigabyte x299
i9
1080ti
Samsung M 1Tb x2 M drives. 
32Gb ram.

I managed to get osx installed but the post install I for sure do something wrong. 

Anyone here able to help?  I get to the point where the file on the attachment with the code is selected... I dont have that .txt file as I understand its the config for the give setup. How can I get such file?

PastedGraphic-5.png

post ur files here

run my app

RunMe.app

32 minutes ago, XgeanX said:

what's up, my friend MaLd0n. I tried to do a clean install but it arrives in 2 minutes and crashes. I've changed the USB ports but it's still the same. What do you think it might be?

P.S. I'm using Olarila's image.

IMG_20180926_224220.jpg

is a asus mobo 300 series? some asus appears it

Hope you may be able to help.

I have 2 problems:

1. Disabling Unrestricted FS (SIP) causes all USB ports to not work.

2. Disabling CMS Support and using more than one screen causes black screen on both screens. (Have WhateverGreen.kext installed).

The attached files are with CMS enabled (Both screens working) and CMS disabled (One screen unplugged to get output).

Send me Colossus.home-CMS enabled.zip

Send me Colossus.home-CMS-Disabled-Single-Screen.zip

35 minutes ago, cnrd said:

Hope you may be able to help.

I have 2 problems:

1. Disabling Unrestricted FS (SIP) causes all USB ports to not work.

2. Disabling CMS Support and using more than one screen causes black screen on both screens. (Have WhateverGreen.kext installed).

The attached files are with CMS enabled (Both screens working) and CMS disabled (One screen unplugged to get output).

Send me Colossus.home-CMS enabled.zip

Send me Colossus.home-CMS-Disabled-Single-Screen.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

video, use clover for solve

Hi MaLd0n!

I recovered an Nuc (D54250WYKH) for my girl, followed your tutorial and completed the first and post install (Mojave);

Can and I ask you to do the courtesy of check clover?

I noticed that the wireless card is not seen.

Thank you so much!

Send me iMac.zip

Edited by UltraLaser

1 hour ago, UltraLaser said:

Hi MaLd0n!

I recovered an Nuc (D54250WYKH) for my girl, followed your tutorial and completed the first and post install (Mojave);

Can and I ask you to do the courtesy of check clover?

I noticed that the wireless card is not seen.

Thank you so much!

Send me iMac.zip

DSDT.aml.zip