[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, rajkhand said:

can you please check the remaining if everything is OK. If you don't use SSDT-UIAC then what is the Correct alternative?

is ok, u can use only patch limit port + usbinjectall

7 hours ago, tayuman said:

My graphics has no kext loaded from the report, and got a flickering screen, please guide me how to fix this. Attached my clover folder and screenshot about mac...thanks in advance 

CLOVER.zip

304984-497280360af60f715513f7835c1ab9d4.jpg.png

check if only with InjectIntel work, clover have info about ur GPU

On 9/6/2018 at 12:56 PM, ginnjuice said:

Hi, hoping to get a patched DSDT for my system, see attached for my RunMe files.

Thank you!

Ginnjuice-Runmeoutput.zip

MaLd0n, thanks for the one you supplied.   A few questions/changes.  Sleep doesn't work, neither does onboard audio.  Also, I changed my WiFi card to a DW1560, and it didn't work by default.  Also, after installing the DW1560, HDMI Audio from my GTX 1060 stopped working.  Installed a few of the RehabMan kexts, and got WiFi working, but no bluetooth.  I read that USB kext needs patched, but after attempting that, I broke my Clover.  I've attached a new Send me output, after installing the new wifi card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ginnjuice-Runmeoutputnew.zip

Edited by ginnjuice

8 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

check if only with InjectIntel work, clover have info about ur GPU

I forgot to mention beside no graphic acceleration, I also can't boot in normal mode without using fake ig-platform-id, and the same thing happened after reboot. Have tried InjectIntel only with valid ig-platform-id but only with same result

2 hours ago, ginnjuice said:

MaLd0n, thanks for the one you supplied.   A few questions/changes.  Sleep doesn't work, neither does onboard audio.  Also, I changed my WiFi card to a DW1560, and it didn't work by default.  Also, after installing the DW1560, HDMI Audio from my GTX 1060 stopped working.  Installed a few of the RehabMan kexts, and got WiFi working, but no bluetooth.  I read that USB kext needs patched, but after attempting that, I broke my Clover.  I've attached a new Send me output, after installing the new wifi card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ginnjuice-Runmeoutputnew.zip

use my clover folder for serie 10, 20 and 30

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=6771

40 minutes ago, tayuman said:

I forgot to mention beside no graphic acceleration, I also can't boot in normal mode without using fake ig-platform-id, and the same thing happened after reboot. Have tried InjectIntel only with valid ig-platform-id but only with same result

u need check a correct config for video

Greetings @MaLd0n, first of all a big THANK YOU for the tremendous work you do in helping us to keep our hackingtoshes working as they should.

I need help with my hackingtosh. You have helped me in the past creating DSDT edits for my KabyLake build, and after some time I have new Bios and Hardware, so here I am asking for your help once again. I think that all the info I can provide you about my build will help you to help me, so here it goes (if I miss something important please let me know).

I used your newest runme.app to create the folder you need as you request in the Post, I attached the “sendMe” folder in this message.

My hardware:

Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX Z270

Intel Core i7 7700K

32GB RAM Gskill TridentZ RGB

OCZ Vertex 460 SSD 128GB

Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC (Nvidia) graphics card

I have enabled both my graphics processors: the intel HD onboard graphics and also the dedicated graphics card GTX 1070. I mainly use my hackingtosh for video editing with Adobe Products (Premiere Pro and After Effects) and also Apple products (FinalCut Pro X 10.4 and Motion). Despite the fact that I have enabled both graphics, I use only one monitor (a VGA only AOC monitor connected to an HDMI port on my GTX 1070 (via a VGA to HDMI adapter). I used to had the intel HD graphics disabled, but I’ve read that Final Cut ProX uses Intel acceleration in conjunction with the dedicated GTX 1070 graphics card to improve render times and video editing in general, so I enabled both graphics in order to improve FinalCut ProX performance. I’ve read many things about having both graphics enabled and the info I’ve read contradicts each other. The SMBIOS I use is 18,3 (the closest to my hardware), but I’ve read that it can be counterproductive since the original iMac 18,3 has an AMD card and I have an Nvidia card. Please, can you give me some advice on this? Should I keep both graphics enabled and keep using the 18,3 smbios? In Bios configuration I have enabled multi monitor option, main graphic card option is set to AUTO, and DVMT set to 512MB, is this ok? Also I have disabled my two ASMEDIA 3.1 USB controllers toad Thunderbolt controllers ¿Is this necessary?

With my current Clover configuration (SMBIOS iMac 18,3) I have some lags in my system (macOS 10.13.6), specially when I close an app. When I close an app (or even a webpage in Safari), the system freezes for almost a second (mouse pointer included) and when the app (or the webpage) closes, it becomes responsive again. I haven’t been able to find the cause of this, I’ve tried using SMBIOS iMac 18,2 and the lag is gone, but I honestly can say the lag is because of SMBIOS iMac 18,3 since I can’t say my Clover Options/Kexts are optimally configured. I'm using current nVidia web drivers for 10.13.6 (WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105)

My other concern is that all the kexts we used to use for fixing graphics (IntelGraphics Fixup, Nvidia Graphics Fixup and Shiki for video acceleration) are now merged into Whatevergreen. And I’ve read that Whatevergreen has a new way to identify Intel graphics and patch framebuffers, making all the patches on ACPI section of clover (changing GFX0 to IGPU, HECI to IMEI, etc) and injectors options obsolete, is this true? More info about it here:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334899-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen/

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Onay.

Send me Onays-iMac.zip

Edited by Onay Rodríguez

8 hours ago, rajkhand said:

what do you mean by patch limit port?

--HIGH SIERRA

-10.13.0, 10.13.1, 10.13.2, 10.13.3

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI
837D8C10
837D8C1B
Change 15 port limit

-10.13.4, 10.13.5

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
837D940F 0F839704 0000
837D940F 90909090 9090
USB 10.13.4 and 10.13.5 by PMHeart

837D880F 0F83A704 0000
837D880F 90909090 9090
USB 10.13.6 by PMHeart

--MOJAVE

-Beta 1

83FB0F0F 83090500 00
83FB0F90 90909090 90
USB 10.14 Beta 1 by PMHeart
10.14.x

-Beta 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8

83FB0F0F 83030500 00
83FB0F90 90909090 90
USB 10.14 Beta 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 7 and 8 by PMHeart
10.14.x

19 hours ago, Onay Rodríguez said:

Greetings @MaLd0n, first of all a big THANK YOU for the tremendous work you do in helping us to keep our hackingtoshes working as they should.

I need help with my hackingtosh. You have helped me in the past creating DSDT edits for my KabyLake build, and after some time I have new Bios and Hardware, so here I am asking for your help once again. I think that all the info I can provide you about my build will help you to help me, so here it goes (if I miss something important please let me know).

I used your newest runme.app to create the folder you need as you request in the Post, I attached the “sendMe” folder in this message.

My hardware:

Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX Z270

Intel Core i7 7700K

32GB RAM Gskill TridentZ RGB

OCZ Vertex 460 SSD 128GB

Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC (Nvidia) graphics card

I have enabled both my graphics processors: the intel HD onboard graphics and also the dedicated graphics card GTX 1070. I mainly use my hackingtosh for video editing with Adobe Products (Premiere Pro and After Effects) and also Apple products (FinalCut Pro X 10.4 and Motion). Despite the fact that I have enabled both graphics, I use only one monitor (a VGA only AOC monitor connected to an HDMI port on my GTX 1070 (via a VGA to HDMI adapter). I used to had the intel HD graphics disabled, but I’ve read that Final Cut ProX uses Intel acceleration in conjunction with the dedicated GTX 1070 graphics card to improve render times and video editing in general, so I enabled both graphics in order to improve FinalCut ProX performance. I’ve read many things about having both graphics enabled and the info I’ve read contradicts each other. The SMBIOS I use is 18,3 (the closest to my hardware), but I’ve read that it can be counterproductive since the original iMac 18,3 has an AMD card and I have an Nvidia card. Please, can you give me some advice on this? Should I keep both graphics enabled and keep using the 18,3 smbios? In Bios configuration I have enabled multi monitor option, main graphic card option is set to AUTO, and DVMT set to 512MB, is this ok? Also I have disabled my two ASMEDIA 3.1 USB controllers toad Thunderbolt controllers ¿Is this necessary?

With my current Clover configuration (SMBIOS iMac 18,3) I have some lags in my system (macOS 10.13.6), specially when I close an app. When I close an app (or even a webpage in Safari), the system freezes for almost a second (mouse pointer included) and when the app (or the webpage) closes, it becomes responsive again. I haven’t been able to find the cause of this, I’ve tried using SMBIOS iMac 18,2 and the lag is gone, but I honestly can say the lag is because of SMBIOS iMac 18,3 since I can’t say my Clover Options/Kexts are optimally configured. I'm using current nVidia web drivers for 10.13.6 (WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105)

My other concern is that all the kexts we used to use for fixing graphics (IntelGraphics Fixup, Nvidia Graphics Fixup and Shiki for video acceleration) are now merged into Whatevergreen. And I’ve read that Whatevergreen has a new way to identify Intel graphics and patch framebuffers, making all the patches on ACPI section of clover (changing GFX0 to IGPU, HECI to IMEI, etc) and injectors options obsolete, is this true? More info about it here:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334899-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen/

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Onay.

Send me Onays-iMac.zip

put ur bios in default, disable csm if need and serial port if need too, but i remove serial port in dsdt, u can use bios in default, change only if u need ;) 

CLOVER.zip

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

put ur bios in default, disable csm if need and serial port if need too, but i remove serial port in dsdt, u can use bios in default, change only if u need ;) 

CLOVER.zip

Hi @MaLd0n, thank you once again for all your help. I looked at the Clover folder you sent me and I have a few questions.

1 - In clover config.plist the options “debug=0x100” and “Verbose” are enabled, I thought those options were only for debugging purposes and they should be off normally, am I wrong about this?

2 - On KextsToPatch section of Clover Configurator I see 4 patches related to USB ports limit, is it ok to have them all enabled at the same time? Also, the patch called “ALPM IO Error” patch is disabled.

3 - In SMBIOS section I see you recommends iMac18,2. Do you think it’s better than iMac18,3?

4 - In the “drivers64uefi” folder, the file “AppleUI Support” is present. I know this file is part of the AppleSupport Package project, and according to its GitHub project page, this file replaces the files: “AppleKeyMapAggregator.efi”, “AppleEvent.efi”, “AppleUiTheme.efi”, “FirmwareVolume.efi” and “AppleImageCodec.efi” . All of them are present in the folder at the same time, is it ok to keep them all at the same time or should I erase the deprecated  ones?

Again, thank you for your time, your patience and your help.

Edited by Onay Rodríguez

@MaLd0n

Greetings to you my friend.

Can you help me with my new setup please

CPU : Intel - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 
Motherboard : Gigabyte - H310M-S2H
Memory : Team Group - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Hardisk : 2TB Toshiba HDD (SSD soon) 

The obvious issues are the following:

1. Native NVRAM is not working

2. PM is not working

3. It restarts instead of shutdown

4. Processor is showing as Unknown

5. SATA/SATA Express in System Information is displaying as Generic AHCI Controller

Send me Ellaosx-iMac.zip

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by ellaosx

1 hour ago, Onay Rodríguez said:

Hi @MaLd0n, thank you once again for all your help. I looked at the Clover folder you sent me and I have a few questions.

1 - In clover config.plist the options “debug=0x100” and “Verbose” are enabled, I thought those options were only for debugging purposes and they should be off normally, am I wrong about this?

2 - On KextsToPatch section of Clover Configurator I see 4 patches related to USB ports limit, is it ok to have them all enabled at the same time? Also, the patch called “ALPM IO Error” patch is disabled.

3 - In SMBIOS section I see you recommends iMac18,2. Do you think it’s better than iMac18,3?

4 - In the “drivers64uefi” folder, the file “AppleUI Support” is present. I know this file is part of the AppleSupport Package project, and according to its GitHub project page, this file replaces the files: “AppleKeyMapAggregator.efi”, “AppleEvent.efi”, “AppleUiTheme.efi”, “FirmwareVolume.efi” and “AppleImageCodec.efi” . All of them are present in the folder at the same time, is it ok to keep them all at the same time or should I erase the deprecated  ones?

Again, thank you for your time, your patience and your help.

u can use a MatchBuild for patch for specific system version

use my full clover folder, only

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

@MaLd0n

2. PM is not working

5. SATA/SATA Express in System Information is displaying as Generic AHCI Controller

Send me Ellaosx-iMac.zip

CLOVER.zip

15 hours ago, korlione2009 said:

--HIGH SIERRA

-10.13.0, 10.13.1, 10.13.2, 10.13.3

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI
837D8C10
837D8C1B
Change 15 port limit

-10.13.4, 10.13.5

837D940F 0F839704 0000
837D940F 90909090 9090
USB 10.13.4 and 10.13.5 by PMHeart

837D880F 0F83A704 0000
837D880F 90909090 9090
USB 10.13.6 by PMHeart

--MOJAVE

-Beta 1

83FB0F0F 83090500 00
83FB0F90 90909090 90
USB 10.14 Beta 1 by PMHeart
10.14.x

-Beta 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8

83FB0F0F 83030500 00
83FB0F90 90909090 90
USB 10.14 Beta 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 7 and 8 by PMHeart
10.14.x

Thanks but what about another view by Rehabman who says that the patch should be used to identify the ports as a temporary measure but should restrict it to the 15 ports by disabling additional ports beyond 15 ports else will have problems in the stability of the system. He is totally against using the patch as a permeant measure. So am confused as this is my first Hackintosh and not an expert but trying to find solutions from various experts.

6 hours ago, ellaosx said:

@MaLd0n

2. PM is not working

Send me Ellaosx-iMac.zip

5 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

Hi MaLd0n

im at work now. Il get back to you later.

Thanks

2 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

U can use it without any problem, without usbinjectall too

So after putting this patch I should remove usbinjectall.kext, XHCI-200-series-injector.kext and also remove SSDT-UIAC.aml from ACPI->patched? Any other changes apart from this?

Edited by rajkhand

4 hours ago, rajkhand said:

So after putting this patch I should remove usbinjectall.kext, XHCI-200-series-injector.kext and also remove SSDT-UIAC.aml from ACPI->patched? Any other changes apart from this?

test all ports and check if work

On 9/12/2018 at 10:57 AM, ellaosx said:

@MaLd0n

2. PM is not working

Send me Ellaosx-iMac.zip

23 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

@MaLd0n

As my previous issues above, we now have progress on the following:

A. NVRAM is now working

B. Shutdown fixed

C. Processor is now detected

D. SATA/SATA Express is System Information fixed.

Im not sure about PM. I see a some AE_NOT_FOUND on bootup.

Do I need PluginType?

What about XCPM?

Here is the new Sendme booted from your clover.

Send me Ella_latest-iMac.zip

Edited by ellaosx

2 hours ago, ellaosx said:

@MaLd0n

As my previous issues above, we now have progress on the following:

A. NVRAM is now working

B. Shutdown fixed

C. Processor is now detected

D. SATA/SATA Express is System Information fixed.

Im not sure about PM. I see a some AE_NOT_FOUND on bootup.

Do I need PluginType?

What about XCPM?

Here is the new Sendme booted from your clover.

Send me Ella_latest-iMac.zip

use usb patch for sierra

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=6539

ignore acpi errors, is in oem ssdt