[RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Research&Development Thread

Sinetek

774 posts in this topic

No, the last I did last night was Spakk's files and chameleon 2848 and then I placed your boot file in the i386 files a_and i386 with Spakk's files. I had a system problem my bios screen got stuck and wanted the F1 command but I couldn't get my keyboard to respond. I removed battery cleared cmos, removed ram and even removed the CPU but still had the same problem. I switched keyboards and all was good but it was late by then. I willl try tonight with your suggestions. I only see two versions of chameleon available is there another link to access more options?

P.S. For expediancy (time savings) I'm only loading the bootloaders on the USB drives not OS Sierra. If it works I should get a chameleon screen showing up, right? I don't need the OS as well at this time is this correct?

Should I try some older versions of chameleon? And try adding your boot file?

Yes . 
You can replace only one file "boot" and test older versions ! 

I will try delete this check in chameleon ... 
  • Like 1

I tried this, it produced the same error as Enoch r2848:

boot0:GPT

boot0:GPT

boot0:done

b1f: init

...and then reboot

if after b1f: init and reboot ...  maybe this problem detect Mhz from boot... 

I try delete this )))

• Like 1

Hello,

Panic red with Clover :)

213807Capture.png

Hey Gils,

to clover boot problems with ryzen cpu

Slice has already answered to your question, no idea if you have read his answer.

short info:

the user "tomnic" asked Slice if there is a way to debug this problem with red panic message.

Slice has answered with message #12587http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page-630?do=findComment&comment=2390102

he wrote that he needed the wrong files from Clover, which generated during the boot, he need the files to analyze the errors to fix the problems

I do not know about clover bootloader, no idea what files he needs, but read his description, I hope it will help you.

You have to be a programmer to do this.

Briefly:

Clover's boot file consists of three packed parts. Look ebuild.sh

echo Compressing DUETEFIMainFv.FV ...

"$BASETOOLS_DIR"/LzmaCompress -e -o "${BUILD_DIR}/FV/DUETEFIMAINFV${TARGETARCH}.z" "${BUILD_DIR}/FV/DUETEFIMAINFV${TARGETARCH}.Fv"

echo Compressing DxeCore.efi ...

"$BASETOOLS_DIR"/LzmaCompress -e -o "${BUILD_DIR}/FV/DxeMain${TARGETARCH}.z" "$BUILD_DIR_ARCH/DxeCore.efi"

echo Compressing DxeIpl.efi ...

"$BASETOOLS_DIR"/LzmaCompress -e -o "${BUILD_DIR}/FV/DxeIpl${TARGETARCH}.z" "$BUILD_DIR_ARCH/DxeIpl.efi"

echo "Generate Loader Image ..."

"$BASETOOLS_DIR"/GenFw --rebase 0x10000 -o "$BUILD_DIR_ARCH/EfiLoader.efi" "$BUILD_DIR_ARCH/EfiLoader.efi"

"$BASETOOLS_DIR"/EfiLdrImage -o "${BUILD_DIR}"/FV/Efildr32 \

"${BUILD_DIR}"/${TARGETARCH}/EfiLoader.efi \

"${BUILD_DIR}"/FV/DxeIpl${TARGETARCH}.z \

"${BUILD_DIR}"/FV/DxeMain${TARGETARCH}.z \

"${BUILD_DIR}"/FV/DUETEFIMAINFV${TARGETARCH}.z

cat $BOOTSECTOR_BIN_DIR/start32H.com2 $BOOTSECTOR_BIN_DIR/efi32.com3 \

"${BUILD_DIR}"/FV/Efildr32 > "${BUILD_DIR}"/FV/boot

When boot file (it is actually DUET) is started then it unpacks all three parts in their own memories.

Clover/CloverEFI/OsxEfiLdr/EfiLoader.c

When you get the red panic you can see the panic address. This address corresponds to one of these parts with its own memory location.

When you find this address is in the unpacked module then you can disassemble this module and find a place in sources where it happens.

After that I will be ready to continue the dialog.

• Like 1

@Bronya, could you help out on the Clover topic to enable Ryzen and possibly older CPUs on Clover. 

Hi . 

I need end test for ryzen with chameleon ... 

For clover slice can fix this if know problem ... ))) 

Someone told me MacPro7,1 will be completly AMD powered. He knows somthing(i think), He told me also before the launch of nvidia pascal that those cards won t get support from nvidia. so i kind of belive him. also he works somewhere in the fruit chain. :P

Someone told me MacPro7,1 will be completly AMD powered. He knows somthing(i think), He told me also before the launch of nvidia pascal that those cards won t get support from nvidia. so i kind of belive him. also he works somewhere in the fruit chain. :P

I have seen "Raven" in the AMD9500ControllerKext. Maybe it's Raven ridge? The Zen APU. Is there an old AMD GPU with that code Name?